Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Liverpool match in doubt?

This might sound a bit negative but it could be a good thing all-round.

It is a very tough fixture to the extent that I do not really fancy our chances of getting anything from it. It comes at the wrong time. A point would be heaven sent but another defeat would extend our bad run to the point of confidence meltdown. All our underlings losing leaves us then with a game in hand in case things get frantic.

I would fancy them better with a few more points to our tally and perhaps with that extra forward most of us long for.

Of course, a surprise win would seal our season [:D]

Glass half empty time for me for a change though.

Hope it is !!Cant make the game due to work.Hate it when Norwich are just 1hr up the M6 and i cant go!! Hopefully be off work for any rearrange dates

I tend to agree with the post above. I would quite welcome this being postponed. I really can''t see us getting anything out of it at the moment and another loss will just extend our poor run. Conversely Liverpool appear to be playing quite well at present.

Come April/May, however, and hopefully with a few more points in the bag and some extra firepower it may be a different matter!

[quote user="pablofarmer"]Pilks just tweeted that travel arrangements were ''up in the air''.[/quote]...so they''re flying there.

AH COME ON LET''S GET STUCK INTO THESE PANSIES!! They won''t be interested in running around much in the snow the overpaid bunch of pussies! Holty, BJ, Tettey etc will boss them all over! Their lot will be crying to come off after 5 mins to get a nice hot bubble bath!

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Wouldn''t be great for us, over £500 of advance purchase train tickets bought for this one!
[/quote]

That''s the downside. Bad luck Matt.

Why not just have a day on the town instead. Liverpool''s a fun city, either boozing, shopping or otherwise (ie. a lot for youngsters to see and do.) 

[quote user="York Canary"]AH COME ON LET''S GET STUCK INTO THESE PANSIES!! They won''t be interested in running around much in the snow the overpaid bunch of pussies! Holty, BJ, Tettey etc will boss them all over! Their lot will be crying to come off after 5 mins to get a nice hot bubble bath![/quote]

A dare you to go up to Skrtel, look him in the eye and say that.

As for travelling up there on Satuday, if the game goes ahead there will be alot of red plastic showing. I''m glad I don''t have tickets.

They are strandard at Norwich airport at the min With a two hour delay ,

can see this being called off for fans safety if weather forcast is right.

Checking the BBC site local weather forecast for Liverpool, it is showing light snow all this afternoon but clearing this evening and then clear tomorrow.

So there shouldn''t be a problem for the match itself  (presumably they have underpitch heating !) and the motorways should be fine to travel tomorrow.  I''m not relishing the trip but doubt it will be cancelled now.

I''m probably going to get the train over to avoid the hassle of driving.  Anyone know how easy it is to get from the train station to Anfield ?  Looks to be a couple of miles so I''ll probably just allow the time to walk it.

It''s getting pretty heavy across the UK so I think alot of games will get called off this weekend. Which might be a good thing for us and allow us to thrash out a deal for a striker before our next game!

Carrow Road was perfectly playable yesterday after all the snow in Norwich earlier in the week.  Given the forecast for Liverpool is that the snow will stop tonight and with such scrutiny of local council''s to keep the roads clear, the game will be on.  Add in that it is the main EPL match being screened live outside of the UK tomorrow and you have another added incentive for all to play. 

For all those that travel, take care, get there safely, but sing your hearts out for the yella''s!

I think it should be on. My brother is at uni in Liverpool and today is the first day they''ve had any snow where he is. And I think the real heavy stuff is supposed to be going more east than straight up to Liverpool. The game itself should be fine, and as soon as you''re out of Norfolk the roads should be quite clear (assuming you''re going Stoke, M6 way from Norfolk).

I think it will be on to be honest.

How common is it for a game to be called off because away fans might struggle to get there?

If Liverpool is realtively unscathed ,the pitch and surrounding areas are o.k ,both sets of players are there,and the majority of 40,000 home fans can get there, they''re not going to care whether a couple of thousand Norwich fans can get there or not are they?.

as things stand we are probably going to lose by a couple of goals. If it is postponed then maybe we will have the benefit of a couple of good signings which may make a difference

Hi,

Am about 2 miles from Anfield (but a Norwich Supporter), although i''d prefer to see the game played another day i think there''s a 90% chance it will go ahead. All main routes clear, though probably messy on side roads. Difficult to know how much has fallen, as it only started last night and seems to have stopped at the moment (i''d say 3 to 4 cm''s at most - drifted a bit due to the wind).

I''ll post an update tonight.

half an hour, to 45 mins walk uphill from station to ground (may be worth jumping bus up towards ground).

Safe journey

[quote user="KiwiKev"]

Hi,

Am about 2 miles from Anfield (but a Norwich Supporter), although i''d prefer to see the game played another day i think there''s a 90% chance it will go ahead. All main routes clear, though probably messy on side roads. Difficult to know how much has fallen, as it only started last night and seems to have stopped at the moment (i''d say 3 to 4 cm''s at most - drifted a bit due to the wind).

I''ll post an update tonight.

half an hour, to 45 mins walk uphill from station to ground (may be worth jumping bus up towards ground).

Safe journey

[/quote]

Thanks for that, sadly the 250 miles between Norwich and where you are might not be quite so clear tomorrow so you might be in the away end on your own!

keep us updated

Bloody cold outside, but no more snow.

Local news tonight did features on all the Div 1 & 2 cancellations due to frozen pitches, but everything seems positive for game going ahead tomorrow here in Liverpool.

Wrap up warm, and hope we can cause the scousers to break out in a cold sweat seeing Pilks racing onto a Snoddy/Wessi pass, or Holt putting the fear of god into their defence (while at the same time crossing everything to hope Suirez, Sturridge, Gerard et al, aren''t doing the same to us) OTBC, NMTD.

Safe journey to you all, while i have a nice lay in for a change.