Sign in to follow this  
pete

£10m may get one striker

If City can afford £5m for Graham and Hooper which I do not believe is enough to buy either, £10m may get us one and my preference would be Graham to either replace like for like with Grant Holt or play together if CH opts for 442 at any time.

Swansea paid £3.5m for DG and would probably want double that with signing on fee and agent fees the fee nearer 8m.

Now Adkins sacked by Southampton a cheeky bid for Lambert a simuilar player to DG and GH cannot believe sacking will improve team spirit at Saints.

Graham won''t cost anywhere near that, more of a case if he chooses us or anyone of the host of team interested.

Hooper might cost near that, 8m is the apparent valuation.

Sorry Pete but I think that you are well wide of the mark.

Hooper = lower league striker with promise snapped up by CEltic to be a success in the SPL. That does not equal £10m to me. Especially as the player wants away and Premier League football.

Bid one more million and if rejected forget it. I still think the ball is in the player''s court though. If he wants to go then he will come (if that makes sense.)

Graham = A27 y.o.  who played for Watford until two seasons ago, not rated as a starter by his manager (problems?) Only recently came of age at Premiership level, not an out and out striker.

Again bid one more million, but if the player wants to go then he will come (it does make sense.)

Neither Hooper or Graham player is worth £10M each  Celtic are just holding out for a better price and Swansea need to fine a replacement for Graham before they sell.

I think we may get one of them but not both

Did none of you read the post?

He doesn''t actually say they''d cost £10 million. He says Grahame nearer £8 million including signing on fee and agent fee. I thought he was just saying that the £10 million would only get us one of the two, not that they would cost exactly £10 million. Which is seemingly accurate unless Hooper forces a move.

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]But these are just our opening bids. I think if NCFC were told that 12 mil would get both tomorrow, we would do it in a heartbeat.[/quote]We only need one of them and if 6 million doesn''t do it then I hope we walk away.We walked away from CMS when Brighton tried to up the anti and we will walk away from this also.I expect there is a lot going on between the clubs and the agents and I believe Celtic don''t want to be seen to give Hooper away too cheaply. The deal has probably been agreed with the player but the club now has to save face. If they push it beyond 6 million I can''t see McNally wanting to play.

I did read it actually and he says ''£10m may get one'' and then follows later with Graham costing up to £8m.

So it''s not £10m for one either way is it?

I''m sure someone must have mentioned it by now, but something else to consider. If we are trying to sign both, with the intention of signing them both rather than just hoping we get one or the other, will Graham actually want to come?

Surely the only reason to leave Swansea for us is to play more football as Michu is first choice there. I don''t think we''d be offering him much different in terms of wages compared to Swansea, but if we want to sign him and Hooper, surely he''s not going to be guaranteed anymore football than he currently gets at Swansea? And he won''t get to play in the League Cup final...

I think £5m for Graham is more than enough to be honest and I''d love to see him sign as long as the figure doesn''t go any higher, I personally think hooper is worth increasing the bid upto a maximum of £7m based on his age and potential.

I know cheaper players can be purchased from the continent but for every top find there is a foreign donkey and you have to be lucky to find someone like michu.

I''m pleased that we have shown our ambition but I wouldn''t like to see the club spend more than those figures to get there services.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Sorry Broadstairs, but without knowing the OPs true intentions, I just think most of the replies missed the point...[/quote]

Not at all, he was alluding to add-ons, but none of us is privy to the ins and outs of transfer dealings nowadays or indeed would know how much of our bid covered some of this business.

Not is it only very complicted with this clause and that clause, sell-on and release etc., it is also very cloak and dagger.

One thing is for sure, if we get one of them our total outlay won''t be anywhere near £10m IMO. 

The whole market, with few exceptions, would freeze if a single bid was doubled by such costs.

Put add-ons in maybe, but stick close to £5-6m for either player. I wonder how much we''ve actually bid though..McNally is a hard man and may have gone quite low to start with so who knows. Hopefully one of them wants to come and can push it through. I don''t see us signing Graham until we see Swansea sign Jones or another striker. Hooper is more a case of whether he can persuade them to let him go.. I''m sure they said they wanted his contract sorted either way in Jan so if he refuses to sign and threatens to run it down then will they stick by their guns or let him go?

I was not postulating either would cost £10m but if we had £10m we could only afford one.  I agree neither is worth £7 or £8m but they may cost that figure with Swansea maybe not willing to sell and Graham needing to go back to the North East apparently.  Celtic may be more likely to sell but Lennon must make the right noises to appease the fans.  And remember the transfer fees paid are only part of the equation and with add ons that may add another £1/5m/£2m the fee may well be near £10m for one.  Would love to get both for £10m but that ain''t gonna happen. 

This is a difficult call Graham is in his late 20s but can hit the ground running. He will probably get us enough goals to stay up this season and next but thereafter have little or no resale value[ would it matter on £5 or £6m though] Hooper is much young and whilst more of a potential riask has higher potential upsides. If we paid £8m and he had 2 good deasons he would still be only 26 and worth a lot more. If on the other hand he didnt come off at all then £8m could quickly look like £2m

Get Hooper not Graham, Would rather have Morison than that donkey Graham, he will be useless up on his own. Graham wont cut it year after year in this league, just not good enough, he should enjoy his stint while it lasts he will be back in champ soon.

He''s got more goals this year than holty,without being in favour at Swansea. Definitely not a donkey ,and you can''t know if hell even be playing up top on his own, if he does come hoots may want the extra strikers to be able to play two up front instead.