Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

Greeno and Francis to stay.

Heard today that Greeno and Francis are very happy here and don''t want to leave, the only way they will go is if the club actually decide to cash in but according to Worthy anything below 5 million would not even be considered for Francis. Fingers crossed that they both stay.

I think it would be almost impossible to keep greeno unless he puts on some really terrible performances. I think its still unlikely that francis will stay unless we stay up

I hope they stay. It''s vital. Greeno is more likely to stay for the moment. Recent errors have porbably made that more likely, but once he gains more consistency, who knows....

Im quite confident that Green will stay. I cant see any big clubs such as Arsenal going in for him as they will go for somebody proven in world football. Man Utd are the only team who need a keeper and I can see them doing the same thing. A club like charlton will come in for francis but hopefully we can keep both of them

[quote]Im quite confident that Green will stay. I cant see any big clubs such as Arsenal going in for him as they will go for somebody proven in world football. Man Utd are the only team who need a keeper an...[/quote]

Sorry Mr toad but I''ve got to disagree with you about Greeno.  I think he''s good enough to play for a club like Arsenal, ManYoo, Liverpool etc.  Yes I know he makes the odd mistake.  But he certainly makes less than Carroll, Lehmann, Almunia and Dudek.  I think big clubs are more likely to buy goalkeepers from "smaller" clubs than other type of player.  Carroll from Wigan, Kirkland from Coventry, Carson from Leeds.  I think they''d rather pay big money on an outfiled player than buy a Buffon or Casillas

lol! 5 million, and we bought him for what

and from wi.... no MK Dons

I have a feeling a prem club will come in for Francis in the summer. Midfield players how can get forward and score goals at this level are hard to come by. If, as others have said, we get a 3/4 million pound offer for him I think it would be hard for the board to turn it down.

Green on the other hand will stay (imho). I don''t think he''s been great this season (not helped by the defence in front of him) and don''t think there are many prem clubs needed keepers. Could be wrong...

The info came from a customer of mine who is retired and spends loads of time at the training ground and has done for many years,he is on first name terms with many of the players as well as Munby and Worthy. He asked worthy if Green and Francis will go and worthy  said Francis is in no hurry to go and will only go if someone comes in with silly money and the club decides to cash in and pretty much the same with Greeno. He also told me that Munby has told him that if we survive this season the club will go through the planning process to enable them to add another tier on the city stand with work possibly starting at the end of next season. He has no reason to lie and I am  convinced that the info is true otherwise I wouldn''t have posted it. Whether anyone believes it or not is immaterial, I am merely sharing what I''m told with others.

I for one rate Francis highly, however I believe he is over-rated in the media and in the stands. Away from home he is almsot anonymous. If we get 3.5 - 4 mil for him, i''d accept.

As for Greeno, he is going to Arsenal, signed and sealed

I think everyone is dreaming that we will get 3/4 million for francis

be more like 1.5/2 million in todays transfer market and the same with Green

If we do go down we will be easy pickings for clubs from the premier div

[quote]I think everyone is dreaming that we will get 3/4 million for francis be more like 1.5/2 million in todays transfer market and the same with Green If we do go down we will be easy pickings for clu...[/quote]

Chelsea paid £4.5mil for an unknown midfielder from Russia! £5million for a midfielder who''s the top scorer in a below average Premiership team is actually quite reasonable.

And to the person who said not many teams in the Prem are looking for a goalkeeper, here''s my definitive list :

- Birmingham: Maik Taylor is ageing and Bruce is apparently keen to find a younger model

- Manchester Utd: Ferguson is known to be looking for a new keeper after a loss in faith with Carrol and Howard

- Arsenal: Looking for a new keeper and could well move for Green knowing they need some English talent in the squad

- Liverpool: Have Carson, but are stuck with injury prone Kirkland and gaff-prone Dudek so may look for someone more avaliable

- Boro: Schwarzer may be on the move to Utd or Arsenal. Will need a replacement.

- Everton: Nigel Martyn''s fantastic, but almost 40. Will undoubtably hang his shoes up very soon, and David Moyes may not rely on dodgy keeper Richard Wright.

- Charlton: Dean Kiely is 35 in October this year, and Curbishley must know he''s in need of a replacement soon.

- Fulham: Van Der Saar is another that might be on the move, and should he be, they''ll need a new keeper as their back up Mark Crossley''s almost as old as Nigel Martyn.

- Blackburn: They have Brad Friedel (34). Enckleman''s younger, but arguably not good enough for a first team place.

The goalkeeper (a good one) is the hottest property in football. I think Robert Green will go (if he does) for no less than £5mil, as all the top clubs will be chasing him as part of the new FIFA rules for European Competitions.