Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Roll your own !

I totally agree  with the EUFA proposal to impose a quota system  on prem clubs  !  .... at the moment we have a lopsided  league  , with the rich clubs  importing  " star " players from abroad  at the expense of English players  who come out of the various acamedy`s  only to find their prospects limited   because  of foreign  imports   ..... Arse`s recent all foreign players match  did my head in  .... whats the point  of supporting  an English club composed totally of  foreigners ? ......  might as well watch Real Madrid  !!

The recent figures showing Norwich to have the highest number of British players in the Premiership make you proud to be a City supporter doesn''t it?

Me and my other half had this row in the car coming home from the West Brom game (2 hour drive = bloody long arguement, too)... basically she doesn''t like the fact that think footballers or those who run football clubs are as passionate as the fans and are just in it for the money. In many ways she''s completely right - I''d hate to support Chelsea or Arsenal, when all they do is take as much money as they can.

I''m proud to be a City supporter because we have a board who love the football club, the City and the fans. I''m proud that we have past players such as Bryan Gunn, Iwan Roberts, Darren Eadie, Steeno and currently Hucks; who all love the football club as much as I do.

I find it madness that they''re having to introduce rules stipulating you must have a minimum of xxx homegrown players in you''re squad when, only a few years ago there were similar rules saying you can only have a maximum xxx number of foreign players.

Premiership officails will of course fight this to the last. For them football is a business, not a sport. Sport doesn''t make nowhere near as much money as a business.