Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Canary

It's time to....

Revisit getting Curtis Davies in. We cannot keep a clean sheet without Bassong so maybe Davies is the answer. Send Ryan Bennett to Birmingham on loan for the rest of the season.

Also, Birmingham are skint so we might be able to pick him up for less than usual.

What do you think?

[quote user="Jersey Canary"]Revisit getting Curtis Davies in. We cannot keep a clean sheet without Bassong so maybe Davies is the answer. Send Ryan Bennett to Birmingham on loan for the rest of the season. Also, Birmingham are skint so we might be able to pick him up for less than usual. What do you think?[/quote]

YES

Although I would like another solid centre half I don''t think Davies is the right one to bring in as there are so much better and cheaper options to go for.

I would either try to get Fernando Amorebieta from Athletic Bilbao who is said to be available for £500,000

because of his contract or I would go for Modibo Diakite from Lazio who would be available on the cheap aswell due to his also expiring contract

[quote user="R.W. Renskay"]Although I would like another solid centre half I don''t think Davies is the right one to bring in as there are so much better and cheaper options to go for. I would either try to get Fernando Amorebieta from Athletic Bilbao who is said to be available for £500,000 because of his contract or I would go for Modibo Diakite from Lazio who would be available on the cheap aswell due to his also expiring contract[/quote]

Yes please

Spot on I''d say. 10 mil on two strikers is unnecessary when it''s obvious we''re crying out for a good centre half. Every time Seb is out we are woeful in defence. Turner or Bennett can both do a job when Seb is alongside but without him ? Today is evidence enough.