Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Sky Sports: Norwich City bid for Danny Graham

Yeah I thought that too and if QPR get involved we may not have a

chance, saying that Danny and big Grant and best buddies I hear so you

never know.

[quote user="alartz"]Superb news!!

And for the people saying he''s not worth 5 million. I suppose you''re the same people saying lets get hooper for £5+ million. Who plays in the Sunday league the only team in the league. Whose previous are no better than league 1 status.

Graham and holt upfront sounds great[/quote]Dont get me wrong I agree with the statement about SPL but the facts are that he has played champions league football and scored goals.

If true this is good news for me. Proven goal scorer at this level, and would suit our style well. He also seems to put a good shift in when I''ve seen him play. Appreciate £5m may seem quite a high figure, but that is generally pretty cheap for a premiership striker. Shows we mean business. Much better option in my view than CMS or Hooper who are both unproven at the level we now operate.

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]Same price (maybe a tad more) we could be looking at Austin or Hooper who are 4 and 3 years younger, great goal scoring records too and dont have a preference over club they end up at.[/quote]

5 million is a snip in my book, I hope we sign him.

Can you tell me how you know that Hooper or Austin dont  have a preference for which club they play for

[/quote]

£5m is not a snip, Michu for £2m was a snip.

[/quote]

Mich was the bargain of the decade, you cannot compare.

Did you just choose to ignore the other bit

[/quote]

Neither Hooper or Austin have said they want to play for team X unlike Graham. His heart is with Sunderland so lets let him go there. We need players who want to play for Norwich, not just players that fans want. Hooper and Austin would both love a chance in the preimer league, Celtic can''s get into the prem, and Burnley look unlikely to for the next few seasons too! We would be ideal for both being able to offer 1st team games on a regualr basis, they would also get a hike in wages so its a win win!

"Phillip J Fry wrote:

Laudrup..."

Aha! Cheers, yep, makes some sense then.

As to his value, if he joined and helped keep us up with just one match winner, he''d have been worth the fee. Sounds like the club are still holding back a chunk for 1 or 2 more, as well, indicating they''re as realistic about this challenge as we hope they were.

[quote user="alartz"]Graham and holt upfront sounds great[/quote]

So does a front 4 of Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Torres. Just because 2 players look like thye would work well on paper doesn''t mean they will on the pitch!

Its pointless playing 2 strikers up top and hoping the wingers provide when they have to cut inside to cross the ball. You either play 4-4-2 with E.Bennett or go 4-4-1-1 with hoolahan providing the creativity!

Graham is a Geordie, so his heart is not set on Sunderland. If Newcastle come in for him, then they would probably be favourites, but they don''t seem that keen to sign British players!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''d be surprised if Graham does not end up at Newcastle.[/quote]Yeah me too. Its his home club and the club he supports. Newcastle need a striker so why would he not want to go there ???

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="alartz"]Graham and holt upfront sounds great[/quote]

So does a front 4 of Hazard, Oscar, Mata and Torres. Just because 2 players look like thye would work well on paper doesn''t mean they will on the pitch!

Its pointless playing 2 strikers up top and hoping the wingers provide when they have to cut inside to cross the ball. You either play 4-4-2 with E.Bennett or go 4-4-1-1 with hoolahan providing the creativity!

[/quote]I don''t get it...

Why do you always pretend to know what you''re talking about?!

[quote user="NWC"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]I''d be surprised if Graham does not end up at Newcastle.[/quote]Yeah me too. Its his home club and the club he supports. Newcastle need a striker so why would he not want to go there ???[/quote]

Maybe they don''t want him? Maybe they''re setting their sights higher. They already tried to sign Remy so they have at least £8 million plus good wages.

[quote user="Bert sneakers"]Does anybody know how much Sunderland bid for Graham?[/quote]

No, in fact nobody knows how much we bid, just "the region of". Deals are much more complex than bartering on the market. We might have bid less in total then Sunderland, but be willing to pay more of it right now.

I dont think the deal will happen as banana says he wants to play for sunderland, other posters say he doesnt want to play for them but hey ho banana knows who all the transfer targets want to play for

We don''t need pace, Holt has proved that - we just need someone who can put the bloody ball in the net!

I would be delighted with Graham, definitely a huge step up from CMS! I''d still be gunning for Hooper as well though if we''re in with a shout!

It will be interesting if we do sign him, what Hughton does. I can''t see him abandoning his beloved system so either Holt or Graham will be spending time on the bench.

He has not said he wants to play for Sunderland. He may well want to go back to the north east which means Sunderland (in the absence of Newcastle bidding) are favourites but as a died in the wool Geordie I suspect he has some misgivings about joining Sunderland, not least whether he would ever be accepted by their fans if hd doesn''t score goals straight away.

Interesting choice he has now. Move home but play for your hated boyhood rivals or join us and continue living down south!