Sign in to follow this  
delta bravo

BASSONG

[quote user="school boy error"]Goals conceded when Bassong isn''t on the pitch: 16 in 3 full games plus about 80 mins of the Newcastle game where he went off injured.[/quote]Did we play 4-5-1 in all of those as well?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]There seems to be a pattern emerging with our results when Bassong doesn''t play...[/quote]

It''s not just Bassong it''s Whittaker and Ruddy as well unfortunately

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="school boy error"]Goals conceded when Bassong isn''t on the pitch: 16 in 3 full games plus about 80 mins of the Newcastle game where he went off injured.[/quote]Did we play 4-5-1 in all of those as well?[/quote]No, we played 4-4-2 against Fulham away and Liverpool home.

Just Tweeted:

@BassongOfficiel: Hi guys!my calf was sore and according to the manager we didnt want to take any risks.loads of games coming up! #keepbelieving

good tweet - no point risking seb today when him being fit for post luton games is key - would rest him next week too.

#cottonwooltime4seb

Brownstone and Zip - I suppose that is the case, but did either of you (or anyone else) get the feeling that today was almost a write off from the start?

Leave Bassong out because we were "always likely to get a result" (possibly Hoolahan and Pilks too, although I''m sure there''s an argument for Bennett and Howson being more defence minded), and to be honest all of the players just seemed like they weren''t up for it; we weren''t challenging, getting stuck in, no urgency (other than from Holt), and at 2-0 down and after 30 minutes or so, it seemed like we were time wasting and were happy to take a 2-0 loss.

Yeah, ok, we possibly weren''t likely to get a result today, but I''m slightly worried about the motivational techniques used today. We did just seem like we were more interested in upcoming games.

Sorry, meant to say ''leave Bassong out because we were "never likely to get a result"''.

what is it with all this "we were never likely to get a result today?" what utter crap why bother turning up then?

Bassong tweaked something just before kick off last week. In the early stages of the game you could see he was not happy to put too much reliance on his right leg.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just Tweeted:

@BassongOfficiel: Hi guys!my calf was sore and according to the manager we didnt want to take any risks.loads of games coming up! #keepbelieving[/quote]Good tweet that. I''m keeping the faith Seb so don''t you worry. Just need him back and hopefully Whittaker and Ruddy asap