Sign in to follow this  
delta bravo

BASSONG

Looked like he was moving awkwardly in the opening stages of the Newcastle game so there might be something in it. He played 90mins though I figured it wasn''t serious.

Odd that it wasn''t mentioned in the injury update at the Press Conference. Could be something to do with the squad travelling up a day earlier than planned due to the weather forecast, perhaps Seb had a prior engagement and will meet up with the rest of the squad in Liverpool.

I really hope that''s the case and he does end up play. You''d think Hughton might''ve mentioned it in his PC. I feel with him marshalling the back we can actually give Liverpool a game. Without him, park it.

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]Looked like he was moving awkwardly in the opening stages of the Newcastle game so there might be something in it. He played 90mins though I figured it wasn''t serious.[/quote]

I noticed that. But I have noticed it at various stages of most games. He looks injured then appears to run it off.

This may be true, fairly sure Delta Bravo got at least one piece of team news right this season (and he doesn''t do this every week) think it might have been when Turner missed a game... But I do remember him saying something would happen, after someone else said someone different would be missing, and delta was in fact correct.

There was a picture of him driving just behind Huckerby the other day - I''m pretty sure training would have been called off anyway but still a bit odd!

Both were poor last week, Benno deserves a start and I''m excited to see Howson getting a game in his preferred position. Very concerned about Bassong''s abscence though.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Thats that then, game over already. Hoolahan and Pilks on bench too.[/quote]

Christ. You serious?

Pilkington has been appalling in recent weeks. Bennett deserves a go there.

Howson for Hoolahan I kind of agree with too .

Bassong will be missed, but I''m sure we''ll be alright. No need to top yourself because bassong is out

Must of failed a late fitness test as the club had his shirt prepared in the dressing room - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHyUYcXORKw&feature=youtu.be (1 min 40).

Hopefully then its not too serious and he''ll be back for the Spurs game.

[quote user="87canary"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Thats that then, game over already. Hoolahan and Pilks on bench too.[/quote]

Christ. You serious?

Bassong will be missed, but I''m sure we''ll be alright. No need to top yourself because bassong is out[/quote]

How you can say Pilks has been appalling is beyond me, and as for Bassong being out, our defence has been pretty much hopeless without him. 60% of our starting back 5 out, no Hoolahan to move the ball around to give the defence a respite! If we keep it below 5 it''ll be a miracle.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="87canary"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Thats that then, game over already. Hoolahan and Pilks on bench too.[/quote]

Christ. You serious?

Bassong will be missed, but I''m sure we''ll be alright. No need to top yourself because bassong is out[/quote]

How you can say Pilks has been appalling is beyond me, and as for Bassong being out, our defence has been pretty much hopeless without him. 60% of our starting back 5 out, no Hoolahan to move the ball around to give the defence a respite! If we keep it below 5 it''ll be a miracle.[/quote]

It''s a good job the players don''t take that kind of attitude. You must fail in everything you do as soon as the first thing goes wrong, eh?

Pilkington has not been as poor as many make out; we play to the right by preference, excluding pilkington yet he had our only real shot on target last week and put in some good crosses too. That was ahead of the contribution made by any other attacking player last week (incl a woeful snodgrass and poor wes, lack lustre holt and jackson) - so it is a little harsh.

However his away performances have been anonymous - however we will miss his quality today

my source tells me there more to it than this... Theres a reason we are making a bid for 2 strikers instead of one..

we only had the money for one before the start of last week.... Just be thankful Ruddy is injured or he would suddenly "not have been in the squad" today...

It''s West Ham... it will happen Tuesday...

*Wait for it...*

Why would the shirt of a player who''s not in the squad because he''s being sold be hung up in the dressing room?

Also, it would be suicide to substantially weaken our defence to over strengthen 1 position.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]my source tells me there more to it than this... Theres a reason we are making a bid for 2 strikers instead of one.. we only had the money for one before the start of last week.... Just be thankful Ruddy is injured or he would suddenly "not have been in the squad" today... It''s West Ham... it will happen Tuesday... *Wait for it...*[/quote]

Why so cryptic, if you know soemehing spit it out

Oh *wait for it*  you dont

[quote user="Alan_Grey"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="87canary"][quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]Thats that then, game over already. Hoolahan and Pilks on bench too.[/quote]

Christ. You serious?

How you can say Pilks has been appalling is beyond me, and as for Bassong being out, our defence has been pretty much hopeless without him. 60% of our starting back 5 out, no Hoolahan to move the ball around to give the defence a respite! If we keep it below 5 it''ll be a miracle.[/quote]

It''s a good job the players don''t take that kind of attitude. You must fail in everything you do as soon as the first thing goes wrong, eh?[/quote]

I rest my case..........muppet.

[quote user="school boy error"]Goals conceded when Bassong isn''t on the pitch: 16 in 3 full games plus about 80 mins of the Newcastle game where he went off injured.[/quote]Did we play 4-5-1 in all of those as well?