Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

God bless that old FA Cup

I see on Google that it''s two weeks until our next league game, and that''s a right old bonus as it gives us time to get Bassong fully fit, hopefully Ruddy will be near to a return too, and the players and coaching staff can have a rest and regroup while the youngsters and second string players put Luton Town away.

That''s great timing and that could really help our season.  Old Bor reckons we''ll be all the better for a couple of weeks to reorganise ourselves and stiffen those sinews for the next games to come.

I''d do one of those breaks to Crete or Spain or somewhere with facilities so they can train in better weather and warm their bones.  What do you lot all reckon they should be doing?

They should be wandering bare footed,hair-shirted and doused in ashes through the city.

Ruddy still has a brace on his leg and said he wouldn''t be back until April so I don''t expect him to recover in two weeks. Agree two weeks off will be beneficial though.

Good idea about getting some warm weather training. We don''t need further injuries from pulled muscles in the cold here. A similar team to Posh away should best Luton.

Only 10 days to Spurs Prem game by the way.

I''d erect some stocks outside the Guildhall and make each player take turns to have buckets of animal excrement thrown at them by a pitchfork wielding angry mob.

You''re a rum old lot, you really are.

You want to remember that footballers are just young working lads like we all were once, and they aren''t designed or programmed to deal with the hustle and bustle of daily life with the interweb and twittering and all that new fangled nonsense.  They just want to do their jobs and go home to their trophy wives, and some days they have a bad day at the coal face, like we all have, and some days they have a good day, like we all have.  But when we have a bad day, there isn''t a crowd of silly buggers wanting to tear us limb from limb.

Send them off to Spain, get them training and bonding and forget all the nonsense and hatred posted here, that fair turns my stomach.