Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

So called supporters!

I wish some of this Clubs so called supporters would get a dose of reality and realise that only in rare circumstances do promoted Clubs consistently match the established Clubs in this league. At least 5 seasons are required to build up the kind of ''war chest'' to enable up and coming Clubs to compete and even then it''s a struggle.Idiots that have a go at this Manager need to ''ship out'' and find another Club/Manager to hound. One minute he''s their hero the next they ''re calling for his head! Lambert did a fine job but he is yesterday''s man and will definitely be a forgotten man if he does not string together some results soon.Well done Chris Hughton, you are doing a fine job both with your recruitment and in securing sufficient points to keep us out of the scarey zone at the bottom of this league. Long may it remain so!

You do realise people only moan and complain because they care?

If you''re happy after a 5-0 loss then you need to question your own support. The reality is none of us are pleased with yesterday''s result, but people have different reactions. Some people are naturally more pessimistic.

the reality is that Pool paid £12m for sulky Sturridge and their whole team is worth in excess of £100m.it was men against boys yesterday.

I thought you were a little more realistic RH, particularly from some of your excellent earlier posts. If you were you would realise that recruiting a striker that can be effective at this level is probably one of a Manager''s most difficult tasks. Strikers with a proven track record at this level are as rare as hens teeth and those that do cost a fortune as we are about to find out!

Strikers are of little use to him if he continues to leak goals like a colander as he is doing presently - even against Clubs like Bradford!Benteke won''t be around long when they drop into the Championship as they appear to have every likelihood of doing!Seb Bassong is the most effective and performance changing individual this Club has signed since Grant Holt!

Grant Holt''s 3 year contract: I was quite frustrated after getting home from Anfield yesterday.... most people would be after travelling all that way just to get steamrollered!Calling for Hoot''s head is a step too far though.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You had every right to be. Hughton made no excuses in his interview about how poor we were, and your anger is completely understandable. 
The problem, for me at least, is that we''re seeing hysteria. People are playing down the undefeated run as if it''s nothing, as if it won''t have an effect on where we finish and some even claiming that it had nothing to do with Hughton or the players and was simple luck. Throw in the fact that some people are treating five losses out of six like it''s the end of the f**king world and you start to see the frustration of other, less hysterical, supporters. 

What cannot be denied is that yesterday''s opposition were technically light years ahead of our hard working team and their control/movement was a joy to watch. Until we have sufficient resources to recruit this sort of quality occasional drubbings/lessons like this will occur and odd positive results against top end clubs only serve to give us a false sense of security - come on be thankful for the incredible progress we have made!

Well said Derby.

A reality check is needed and considering the upheaval of Lambo leaving, I''m well pleased with 26pts from 23 games and 7 clear of the drop zone. We are once again doing a fine job with less resources than most in this division.

Another season in the division and with the debt gone I can see things changing, this year is all about getting 40pts and Hooton is ahead of schedule at present, that''s what matters.

The reality is GP compared with some of these long established Prem teams we are "little old......." and you will be deluding yourself to think otherwise.I suppose unrealistic false hope is what makes the average football supporter so fickle! Heros one minute, villains the next - Nigel Adkins will tell you about them!

I don''t have unrealistic false hope, I don''t think our team, players, manager are villains.

I have expectation based on what has happened. I watch the games and for, my own opinion. I don''t care that we don''t have a load of money because regularly we''ve done well against the big boys. Drawn and beat Spurs this season, scored 3 against Man.C, limited Chelsea to one when they''d scored eight in the previous. Beat Arsenal and Man.U. They weren''t fluke results and performances.

Unrealistic false hope could easily be defined as thing in 3 seasons you could finish mid table in the Prem after just being relegated to League One and being near Administration...

If there is one thing worse than supporters complaining post match it has to be a manager irresponsibly begging up the opposition pre-match.

Hughton is a nice articulate chap but he seems in awe of other EPL sides. Perhaps the chanting Spurs fans were right - he''ll always be Spurs. (With a large chunk devoted to Newcastle). Like Roeder he ''loves'' the big Clubs and Norwich is just too provincial for the likes of him.

Lambert kept his players feet on the ground with phrases like ''this is all new to us'' and ''where we''ve come from.'' It had an undercurrent of ''please underestimate us'' and never made me feel he was belittling our Club.

Hughton is saying, to me, correctly: we can only beat these sides when we are 100% - fair enough, but he is also saying to me we have to know our place - permanently.

When you over big up the opposition you are sending out your players with an excuse to fail and giving them an uncompetitive mentality. How can you blame their loss after the game when you have already given them the excuse to justify it? For me, he did this big style against Liverpool.

So called manager! He is concerned about his probable last chance at top flight management but he doesn''t give a toss about Norwich City Football Club.

Stop bloody moaning you lot for god sake.

Just face facts, we have come a long way and we still have along way to go, the only way we progress in the right direction is to stay in the premiership and looking at the league it still looks like we will.

If you think putting the team down or sacking the manager is the way forward you know little about football .

Raise the roof when spurs visit, get behind your team and support the team and CH all the way to the end of the season.

To think I admired your posts at one stage RUDOLPH.You clearly have now lost the plot. If you think a few words of encouragement from a Manager can make a material difference against this sort of opposition you clearly do not have a clue!Chris Hughton is absolutely right and unlike you realistic, and also unlike you he has the track record to prove it!