Sign in to follow this  
sloleyfarger

Is Mark Bunn ....

Extremely harsh to compare him to the woeful Simon Tracey I think.

However, the comparison that is really hurting is is that Bunn is no John Ruddy ---------- unfortunately.

[quote user="sloleyfarger"]The new Simon Tracey ? He doesn''t seem to get stop anything , doesn;t come off his line, flaps at crosses and makes the whole team nervous[/quote]He was wasn''t the problem yesterday, shit passing poor positioning and very bad marking and defending.

Bunn is a good shot stopper and an ok keeper but that''s as far as it goes. Ruddy, like Fraser Forster did previously, makes saves that he''s not expected to make and that is the big difference. Bunn is a number 2 after all but with our defence creaking gets exposed and that accentuates the gap in class with Ruddy.

we hav to trust that Hughton and for that matter David Watson believe that Bunn is good enough for the job and if we dont sign a keeper during January we have to assume that to be the case.

If however we get sucked into a relegation battle of the back of not having a dominant keeper, they will take full responsibility

a goalkeeper the defence have no confidence in will get us relegated...

94/95 and andy Marshall... it wasnt his fault of course, he was a young keeper thrown it at the deepend when Gunny broke his ankle..

it became apparent the defence were losing confidence with Marshall, Lacks of communication, flapping, defenders going for balls they should have left that ultimately did us in the end..

had John Deehan have signed a keeper as cover we may not have been relegated first time round.. Simon Tracey had been a good goal keeper for Sheffield United but had been out for quite a while with some serious injury problems (hadn''t he been in a car accident or something) and clearly wasnt ready...

it needed someone commanding, even if they had been 40 and at the end of their career... would have given the team confidence to play.

Bunn is a Number Two!

Talk about tell it as it is.

Rudd or Steer in for Bunn.

He''s obviously no Ruddy, which is not a big surprise to anyone - but it''s increasingly clear that he''s less talented than Declan Rudd as well. Unfortunately the management seem to have fallen into the trap of assuming that experience (if you can call 6 games for an abysmal Blackburn side experience) trumps quality and potential, which Rudd and Steer have in abundance. Pretty sure Rudd will start against Luton, and if he has a good game I wouldn''t be surprised to see him retain the spot for the following league games. I''m sure Mark Bunn is a lovely guy and he''ll probably make a solid career for himself in the Championship, but he''s not up to Premiership standards - He was no.2 at a crap team for a reason!

Ruddy may have stopped Gerrard''s goal yesterday. Otherwise, I don''t think Bunn was at fault at all. The reason we shipped goals is that we gave quality players like Suarez and Gerrard far too much time on the ball. Our back four was the problem yesterday, not Bunn.

Why are we discussing the keeper when it''s patently obvious that the other ten players yesterday were the problem.Never mind giving the defence confidence or not, we did''nt defend well anywhere on the pitch, and if Rudd had played( our No. 3 keeper) and shipped five goals I don''t think it would have done him any favours. Doubt if he would have stopped any of the five either.

"He''s obviously no Ruddy, which is not a big surprise to anyone - but it''s increasingly clear that he''s less talented than Declan Rudd as well..."

Why is that clear? It certainly isn''t clear to me.

Although I actually rate Steer as the best of our keepers except Ruddy, I would still play Bunn, despite endless questions about his lack of command in the box. The reason is throwing a very inexperienced keeper in with the defence we currently have, in the position we are in, just isn''t a good idea and could make things even worse.

If we had our best back four in place and we were higher up the league, I would have Steer in without hesitation.