Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Hooper hinting?

If the hint you are suggesting is that he will be staying at Celtic as he has new boots with his shirt number on them i would suggest that this advertising ploy was signed and sealed well before our bid went in.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I hope if he were to sign that he wouldn''t be allowed to have 88 on his shirt[/quote]

88 is a reference to the year of Celtic''s formation, 1888. So he wouldn''t have the 88 shirt if he came to Norwich.

If boots are the only stumbling block and may Seal the deal I will personally go to sports direct in the morning and buy hooper a pair of there finest .

[quote user="Scrimmage "][quote user="refjezdavies"]I hope if he were to sign that he wouldn''t be allowed to have 88 on his shirt[/quote]

88 is a reference to the year of Celtic''s formation, 1888. So he wouldn''t have the 88 shirt if he came to Norwich.[/quote]

Oh really? I thought it was because he was born in 1988

His date of birth too, he wanted the number 8 but that was already taken. He opted for number 88 as it was a reference to Celtic''s year of formation and coincidentally his date of birth. In doing so he started a bit of a trend - Wanayma took the number 67 shirt in reference to the year of Celtic''s European Cup victory.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Hooper is a mate of a mate, so I really should have known that lol[/quote]in which case you will know if he is 100% signing... so what say you?

Just to be pedantic Celtic were formed in 1887 but did not play their first game until 1888.

As a point of order can i just clarify that my username does not mean i was born in 1010.[;)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="refjezdavies"]Hooper is a mate of a mate, so I really should have known that lol[/quote]in which case you will know if he is 100% signing... so what say you?[/quote]

I wouldn''t come on here and tell you lot even if I did know anything lol

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just to be pedantic Celtic were formed in 1887 but did not play their first game until 1888.

As a point of order can i just clarify that my username does not mean i was born in 1010.[;)]

[/quote]

Being a former knight of the road I think I know what 10 10 means

Ah, ten-ten.  Off-duty.  That''s been the story of old Bor''s life for the last twenty years.  I did reckon I''d get called out of retirement for one last job to save our fine city from a crazy group of Al Quaeda members who took City Hall, but then I realised I was confusing myself with Clint Eastwood.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Ah, ten-ten.  Off-duty.  That''s been the story of old Bor''s life for the last twenty years.  I did reckon I''d get called out of retirement for one last job to save our fine city from a crazy group of Al Quaeda members who took City Hall, but then I realised I was confusing myself with Clint Eastwood.

[/quote]

These days Bor at City Hall they are known as The Green Party.

And there was me thinking Hooper had 88 because they were hoop like because he played for the hoops... F*ck it, I''m still gonna believe that.

[quote user="Yellows"]The date founded on the Celtic badge is 1888. And I still don''t get the OP, how is that supposed to be him hinting?[/quote]

I think it means he''s hinting that he''s off to Watford as they''re yellow and black