Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

Congratulations Mr Hughton

The comment about ''rose-tinted spectacles'' and last season is spot on in my view.

There were plenty of games last year where Lambo was pretty negative, just trying to keep the game 0-0 until the last 25 minutes and then trying to open up. We also went on a very ordinary run for the last 2 months of the season.

I''ll grant you that we aren''t as attractive to watch this year. But Hughton isn''t Lambert and it would be folly for him to try to ''copy'' Lambert''s tactical style and it wouldn''t work. He has to be his own man and try to get 40pts in the way that he sees fit. So far he''s doing that job well based on 23 games.

He''s not paid to play the most entertaining style, he''s here to get points and he''s doing that pretty well, even if some on here can''t see past the last 6 games.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]You could be describing Hughton in that first paragraph, Chops.[/quote]Even if I could (which I couldn''t, for obvious reasons) away at Liverpool and at home to (e.g.) Cardiff City are slightly different propositions.

We have a better squad now than what those managers worked with, we each see the game however we want to see it. The three managers mentioned were terrible for us but lets be honest the season Roeder kept us up you didn''t find a bad word about him on here was only once it turned sour. That being said we were still out of the relegation zone when he was sacked so by the arguements of some on here we would of been on course to stay up??

Beefy you say he has to be his own man and try to get 40pts in the way that he sees fit. So far he''s doing that job well based on 23 games.

your not judging him on 23 games your judging him on the 10 games we looked a semi decent side in. The other 13 games either side we have picked up 4 points and looked nothing short of terrible. We have done an average job so far of collecting points picking up bonus points yes against Man U and Arsenal but we have dropped many more points against teams we should of at least competed with.

No Hannibal,

I am judging him over 23 games. He''s got 26pts from those games. The only fair way to judge him is over all the games, not to discount Man U or Arsenal, or the 10 games unbeaten. That introduces bias.

Over the 23 games he has done well enough to keep us in this division which is the task for which he has been employed.