Sign in to follow this  
Kirby_86

Simon Lappin has left

So, shouldn''t we be also getting on Chris Martin''s back for taking the money, as he has been here for years, and showing him the door.....................? (Waits until 31 Jan)

i want to wish him all the best

whilst i am sure he earnt a good wage at the club i admire the way he conducted himself with such dignity when faced with the actions of that prat Roeder.

He was never going to set the premiership alight but it has to be said that whenever he was called in he was always commited and gave his all. Showed the dedication and determination that many of the more skilfull players left at the club would do well to follow as we face the rest of the season

Also brought a smile to my face when my son would query why the king of spain plays for Norwich :)

Good luck to him

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="Kathy "]Lappinitup, you''re going to have to change your name to something else. ****itup. Be careful![/quote]

How about: ''Comrade Lapdog''

[/quote]

MEGA LOL

[quote user="Kathy "]Lappinitup, you''re going to have to change your name to something else. ****itup. Be careful![/quote]

How about: ''Comrade Lapdog''[/quote]

MEGALOL!! [:S] [:S] [:S]

I would say "There''s always one", but unfortunately there''s usually at least half a dozen on here. Some of you need to have a bit of a world with yourselves.

--- PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 5:07 PM:

--- A journeyman in sport is a solid professional with limited ability as opposed to a really gifted player. It has nothing to do with how many clubs he''s played for. A journeyman is exactly what Lappin is.

That is not really what it means in football parlance however. The term is used in Britain to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career. And usually, yes, it is reserved only for average players who move clubs often.

How about: ''Comrade Lapdog''

[/quote]

Obviously the new dawn of 2013 as outlined by Pete has passed you by Tangible.

MEGALOL.

Mrs. Chops will be disappointed, I''m sure he was the only reason she took a passing interest in the team.  Still, George Francomb looks like he can carry the torch.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 5:07 PM: --- A journeyman in sport is a solid professional with limited ability as opposed to a really gifted player. It has nothing to do with how many clubs he''s played for. A journeyman is exactly what Lappin is. That is not really what it means in football parlance however. The term is used in Britain to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career. And usually, yes, it is reserved only for average players who move clubs often.[/quote]

CJF, the definition does indeed seem now to have moved in UK footballspeak towards that idea of much-travelled, but that must be quite recent. It always used to mean someone of limited ability. It comes from the world of craftsmanship, where a journeyman was someone who hadn''t attained the rank of master.

Top bloke good luck to him. I will never forget being hammered in the city after the Coventry game singing Simon Lappin King of Spain in a drunken huddle with my mates. All of a sudden some bloke dives into the huddle and joins in jumping up and down singing. It was none other than the King of Spain himself.

[quote user="Herman "]That''s a picture of a werewolf Kathy,not the King o'' Spain.[/quote]
Nothing wrong with a bit of body hair Herman.

Always held up as a bit of an anti-Roeder poster-boy (with good reason as his treatment was shocking) which I think has earned him a lot of brownie points.Shame to see him go but he was never going to get in the team these days, especially with *fingers crossed* reinforcements coming in over the next transfer window or two.It does feel like the end of an era though....

A model pro, from League One to the Premier League.

Yes, (hopefully) he was well paid - but there''s plenty of others who are who don''t show his loyalty, dignity and commitment.

Good luck, Simon, you''ll always be the King of Spain here.

Thank you for all your efforts " king of spain " also a top top bloke, glad you stayed on & made Roeder look a t--t, Good luck & best wishes for the future, always be made welcome at carrow road, p/s please don''t join the scummers though !!

the game after roeder got sacked we had barnsley at home and i was inside carrow road at around midday cos my lads under 11 team were playing on the pitch in some community scheme match ... players were drifting in for the game signing autographs and all of a sudden there was a big cheer from  the stewards and ground staff, we looked up and in walks the king of spain carrying his shin pads and man bag wearing  a huge smile... obviously immensly popular with everyone at the club... best of luck to him

[quote user="Kathy "]

Nothing wrong with a bit of body hair Herman.

[/quote]

For Mrs Blake.....I beg to differ [;)]

[IMG]http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac189/maxi_044/hairy_armpits_5221_10copy.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- PurpleCanary wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 5:07 PM: --- A journeyman in sport is a solid professional with limited ability as opposed to a really gifted player. It has nothing to do with how many clubs he''s played for. A journeyman is exactly what Lappin is. That is not really what it means in football parlance however. The term is used in Britain to refer to a professional sportsman who plays for a large number of different clubs during his career. And usually, yes, it is reserved only for average players who move clubs often.[/quote]

CJF, the definition does indeed seem now to have moved in UK footballspeak towards that idea of much-travelled, but that must be quite recent. It always used to mean someone of limited ability. It comes from the world of craftsmanship, where a journeyman was someone who hadn''t attained the rank of master.

[/quote]
I don''t doubt that''s what you meant however in Lappin''s case I do feel that''s harsh. Mainly because if you use that definition these days then you are basically calling every player below the highest tier (your Messi''s, Xavi''s, Rondalo''s, Kompany''s etc.) a journeyman. Lappin is no where near that level but then what Norwich player is? Wes although we like to call him the Irish Messi is not in his class, likewise Fox, Snodgrass and Bassong aren''t either.
Lapin I feel is a good solid Championship player who has earned a cult status at this club for being used as a scapegoat by Roeder. A player who was harshly dealt with for a bad team performance away to Plymouth. Something that us fans didn''t like especially when we had to put up with the no-mark who did a fancy flick in training once and could only pass sideways. Now that guy is a journeyman in my opinion. A guy with little or no talent (except for the two things I''ve already mentioned) who had 4 clubs before joining Norwich and has since had 5 clubs. His latest being Ross County who he signed for in September 2012 and yet doesn''t even seem to have played a single game and is not listed on their website.
Davo