Sign in to follow this  
James Long

Bayern Munich- Arsenal

Slightly off topic to usual but what does everyone hope or think tonights game will end up because again another English/British team will play Bayern Munich in the Olympiastadion which can mean our record can come be threatened. The good news is that this is Bayern''s last season in the Olympiastadion as they are moving to a new Stadium in Fröttmaning in Northern Munich called the Allianz Arena with a 66,000 capacity and which will be used during next summer''s World Cup. With this being the last season their, does everyone still hope that we can remain the only English/British side to beat Bayern Munich there?

Absolutely!  It will be a stunning record for us.  Our only hope is that Arsenal are very questionable in Europe.  I normally support any British club in Europe (except Ipswich a couple of years ago!).  However, I shall be rooting for a draw tonight.  Slightly off topic again, but have you seen the pics for the new Bayern stadium?  It''s phenomenal!

I''ve seen a film about the construction work of the stadium and have seen the plans of how it''ll eventually look and I must agree it does look absolutely stunning. I''ve also been told that it will encorporate special technology so when Bayern Munich (The stadium is being shared between Bayern and TSV 1860 Munich) play there the colour of the stadium will be red (Bayern''s Colour) and when TSV play their they can make it blue (TSV''s colour). I think that it has something to do with the exterior of the stadium in making it Red or Blue. I know that the opening game of WC 2006 is going to be played there and lets hope England (providing they qualify) could play a game their cos it looks simply stunning.