Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Good luck Alec and all Pups,

I''m with my good buddies Kathy and Wazzock this week with

SOUTH AFRICA v Cape Verde Islands in the African Cup of Nations

Leedscanary (the real one!)

I think the English programme will take one hell of a battering this weekend so instead I will go to the African Cup of Nations and Ghana to beat Congo on Sunday.Best of luck Alec and all PUPs.

Is it my imagination, or has this thread picked up a bit lately? Seems to be a few more pups picking again compared to a couple months ago.

Either way, still a great effort from everyone involved, especially Nutty who keeps this going so very well.

Well I am back after a little Sabbatical and in all truth I needed it.  My picks were awful so here''s to a fresh start.[:$]

Leeds to beat Bristol City please!

Snake

After much deliberation - with the weather obviously being my main concern - and with your help, I have come up with 6 picks which I sincerely hope can produce the good for us all. I have attempted to stay clear of the lower leagues, and as a result only one of my games is an English one!Sorry if I failed to mention your username if one of your picks were suggested.Man City to beat Fulham: Hissing Sid, NWC, norfolkchance1, SwindonCanary & Hughsey - this fixture looks the most nailed on in a very tight set of games in the Prem. The champions against a Fulham team in a bit of a slump of late, and who are very poor away from home. Home win.Bayern Munich to beat Greuther Furth: Yankee, Mr Bump, MandieMoo, CTID, Beauseant, Mister Chops & fonejacker. Top against the bottom side who have won just once all season. Can''t look past this one.South Africa to beat Cape Verde: Kathy, Wazzock, leedscanary & Statto. I must admit that I was having second thoughts about putting this one in my final 6, if I recall correctly Cape Verde knocked Cameroon out in the qualifying stages so they must be decent. However, this was a popular choice in comparison to other available selections, and if football was played on paper South Africa should win! Athletico Madrid to beat Levante (My pick): Just me! 2nd vs 8th may not look the most clear cut of fixtures, but in the La Liga there tends to be a theme that when one of the top 3 play at home, they win. Athletico have won 10 out of 10 at home so far, and should have too much for Levante.Ghana to beat DR Congo: Trent, Graham Humphrey. Ditto to the South Africa match, I am always wary about tournament matches but it looks more certain than any other available options.FC Twente to beat  RKC Waaljwik: Gingerpele. FC Twente have won 7/8 at home and RKC have won 1/8 away, so all being well, this should be another home win. There we are! I hope that these are all okay, let me know if not. Thank you to all PUPs for helping me get to these final 6 picks, I certainly would have been lost without you - especially Trent mentioning the ACON fixtures which had escaped my mind.Here''s to a PUPs win and a City three points in the snow tomorrow [B]

I''ve just heard on the wireless that my nap for Bristol v Exceter has been called off tomorrow, so, in the absence of plenty of time (for me anyway), and the fact i''ve probably exceeded my recommended number of units tonight, may I have the Man City v Fulham match, HOME win please.

Cheers Nutty, and best of luck to all pickers, especially EC.

[quote user="Excited Canary"]After much deliberation - with the weather obviously being my main concern - and with your help, I have come up with 6 picks which I sincerely hope can produce the good for us all. I have attempted to stay clear of the lower leagues, and as a result only one of my games is an English one!

Sorry if I failed to mention your username if one of your picks were suggested.

Man City to beat Fulham: Hissing Sid, NWC, norfolkchance1, SwindonCanary & Hughsey - this fixture looks the most nailed on in a very tight set of games in the Prem. The champions against a Fulham team in a bit of a slump of late, and who are very poor away from home. Home win.

Bayern Munich to beat Greuther Furth: Yankee, Mr Bump, MandieMoo, CTID, Beauseant, Mister Chops & fonejacker. Top against the bottom side who have won just once all season. Can''t look past this one.

South Africa to beat Cape Verde: Kathy, Wazzock, leedscanary & Statto. I must admit that I was having second thoughts about putting this one in my final 6, if I recall correctly Cape Verde knocked Cameroon out in the qualifying stages so they must be decent. However, this was a popular choice in comparison to other available selections, and if football was played on paper South Africa should win!

Athletico Madrid to beat Levante (My pick): Just me! 2nd vs 8th may not look the most clear cut of fixtures, but in the La Liga there tends to be a theme that when one of the top 3 play at home, they win. Athletico have won 10 out of 10 at home so far, and should have too much for Levante.

Ghana to beat DR Congo: Trent, Graham Humphrey. Ditto to the South Africa match, I am always wary about tournament matches but it looks more certain than any other available options.

FC Twente to beat  RKC Waaljwik: Gingerpele. FC Twente have won 7/8 at home and RKC have won 1/8 away, so all being well, this should be another home win.

There we are! I hope that these are all okay, let me know if not. Thank you to all PUPs for helping me get to these final 6 picks, I certainly would have been lost without you - especially Trent mentioning the ACON fixtures which had escaped my mind.

Here''s to a PUPs win and a City three points in the snow tomorrow [B]
[/quote]

Thank you Alec. What a professional job and what a well balanced and exciting final six this is!  The thread has certainly been in safe and capable hands this week. I''m always upbeat about our chances but surely only cruel misfortune can prevent another PUPs win this weekend.

I''ve placed the bet with Bet365 and the potential return is an exciting £57.19. Here are the details : -

Bet Details

Date/Time

Stake

Return

Man City @ 1/4
Bayern Munich @ 1/10
Atletico Madrid @ 3/10
FC Twente @ 1/3
South Africa @ 3/5
Ghana @ 1/2
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00

18/01/2013 22:47:04

Total for this period

Bayern Munich get us underway at 2:30 tomorrow followed by Manchester City at 3pm, South Africa at 4pm and FC Twente at 6:45. The bet is completed on Sunday when Ghana kick off at 3pm and finally Athletico Madrid at 6pm. I think we''re in for an exciting weekend with hopefully a result for the Canaries, a win for us PUPs and maybe even an exciting signing to put the icing on the cake. Good luck everyone[Y][:)]

Gutted. I did have a bad feeling about the SA game, but no excuses. Just home from Anfield to find out the score so not been a good day all in all.I''ve really enjoyed my time in charge, thanks Nutty, sorry that for the 3rd time out of3 I haven''t produced the goods! How about next year?!Best of luck to next weeks picker.