Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for The Academy with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 23 of our Rays Funds For The Academy season. This week we have one of our younger PUPs with Excited Canary in charge and making the final selections. Alec has been with us for four seasons now and this is his 3rd go at picking the final six. His other two attempts have been great efforts and he’s been really unlucky with freak results. I’ve been looking forward to this week for some time and I hope this time Alec can get his name on Ray’s signature.

You PUPs can help that happen by giving Alec the choices he needs to find a winning six. Now you need to be extra careful this week because of the likelihood of postponements through weather conditions. In my experience the top divisions in Europe are the most likely to go ahead. And don’t forget for the game to be considered it must be listed on Bet365.

Just a reminder here that unless special arrangements have been made (like international weeks) Friday fixtures are useless when it comes to the final selections. In the past we have made allowances for them to count on personal stats but I think the best, safest and clearest thing to do is disallow any Friday fixtures from personal stats too. I don’t like censorship but the primary purpose of the thread is to make suggestions for the final six.

February’s rota is now confirmed : -

Feb   2nd  Fonejacker

Feb   9th   Trent Canary

Feb  16th   Mister Chops

Feb  23rd  Leeds Canary

So now Ill hand the thread over to Excited Canary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Alec ... the Rays Funds Thread is yours....... [:)]....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads : -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £1897 for the Academy,so far.

Netherlands this week for me, after some French disappointment. They resume league action after a winter break, and FC Twente host RKC Waalwijk. McClaren''s side (I believe he is still manager?) are 2nd in the table and are unbeaten at home with a 7/1/0 record. Their opponents find themselves in 9th place, with a not too bad, but certainly not great 1/3/4 away record.

FC Twente vs RKC Waalwijk- Home win.

Good luck :)

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Excited Canary and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to Greece and a HOME WIN please for OLYMPIAKOS v Pas Giannina.

Hiya, French Ligue 1 for me, where Lorient (7th) play at home to Troyes who are 1 off the bottom-odds of 4/7.

Good luck EC, let''s hope we''re all excited after this latest round!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]

Hiya, French Ligue 1 for me, where Lorient (7th) play at home to Troyes who are 1 off the bottom-odds of 4/7.

Good luck EC, let''s hope we''re all excited after this latest round!

[/quote]

And my prediction is Lorient home win!

Evening everyone

MMMK - Moreirense -v- BENFICA Away Win (Monday)

MM - BAYERN MUNICH -v- Greuther Furth Home Win

Good Luck everyone.

⚽😁

Thanks for the intro Nutty. I''ll certainly be doing my very best to get my name alongside all of the other 6/6''ers! I aim to pick the 6, along with my own pick, on early Friday evening so in the mean time please get all your picks in to help give me and us all the best chance of success! Every bit of help is greatly appreciated, cheers [Y]

Oh my god, I missed posting last week, I''m so annoyed with myself!  Good luck this week Alec, I''m going to move down to League One where I expect:Swindon to beat ShrewsburyGood luck Alec and all you Pups.

Anyone who thinks the Scandinavians have no sense of humour should bear in mind they gave Henry Kissinger the Nobel Peace Prize. Perhaps it was consolation for him being a supporter of  Greuther Fuerth, who are my tip to lose away to Bayern Munich.

Good luck to all!

It''s going to have to be a Benfica away win for me on Monday night. Surely bottom of the table Moreirense can''t produce another bottom vs top miracle?
Good luck everyone !!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Ghana to beat Congo in the African Nations
[/quote]

Yes! Good thinking Trent. Internationals usually serve us well and there''s no chance of bad weather. So I''m going with you to the same group where I think an in form Mali will beat Niger who seem to rarely win.

Mali to beat Niger

Stats can be looked up here : http://www.soccerway.com/international/africa/africa-cup-of-nations/2014/group-stage/

I''m going with the African Nations Cup too.

South Africa to beat Cape Verdi. Surely a small rock in the middle of the Atlantic cant have much of a football team?

Can it?

Good luck EC!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I''m with Kathy...

South Africa to beat Cape Verdi Islands

Good Luck EC and all PUPs

BTW Kathy there are at least 9 islands, not just the one!

I think the clue is in their name!!![:D]

[/quote]

[:$]

[quote user="Kathy "]I''m going with the African Nations Cup too.

South Africa to beat Cape Verdi. Surely a small rock in the middle of the Atlantic cant have much of a football team?

Can it?

Good luck EC![/quote]That was the game that stood out for me. The odds suggest a relatively tight game, so not sure if the bookies know something we don''t, but South Africa look to be great value.

Premier League for me please where i expect Man City to be too strong at home for Fulham.Man City home win.#lucksall

I''m going to take a chance on the weather because the game I fancy is (1) in the west of the country and is a late kick-off so they will have more time to get it ready (2) is a local derby and (3) is on TV, so they will move heaven and earth to get it on. I expect WBA to get back to winning ways (7-1-3-17-9) in the Premier League against Aston Villa (2-3-6-9-26).WBA v Aston Villa.......Home win.Good luck Excited. [Y]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I''m with Kathy...

South Africa to beat Cape Verdi

Good Luck EC and all PUPs

BTW Kathy there are at least 9 islands, not just the one! [:D]

[/quote]
There was me thinking it was just a lump of rock...........