Sign in to follow this  
andyc24_uk

Sign-and-loan-back for Hooper?

No idea if this is even possible, but an idea just occurred to me : If the big stumbling block in signing Hooper is his (entirely understandable) desire to play against Juventus in the Champion''s League... Could we not sign him, but with an agreement to loan him back to Celtic for two weeks so he can play in those games? Yes it sounds bizarre and there''s nothing in it for us directly, except it might get us the player and keep him happy... (and could possibly knock a little off the price tag in exchange)

Like I say, not sure how the rules would apply to that but ''buy-and-loan-back'' deals aren''t uncommon, he would still be registered to play for Celtic in the CL, and as far as I can see he wouldn''t run afoul of the ''can only play for two clubs in one season'' rule...

For 1-2 weeks, so he would potentially miss maybe 2 games. In return for which we would I''m sure expect at least some discount on the price. Hopefully he''ll sign anyway, but if that ended up being the deal-breaker that got him into a Norwich shirt, for sure it would be worth looking at IMHO

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]For 1-2 weeks, so he would potentially miss maybe 2 games. In return for which we would I''m sure expect at least some discount on the price. Hopefully he''ll sign anyway, but if that ended up being the deal-breaker that got him into a Norwich shirt, for sure it would be worth looking at IMHO[/quote]

Two games during which he could pick up a career ending injury. Do people on here actually think before they post this sort of rubbish?

Clearly not!

Here''s another one. If Celtic beat Juventus and go through, what would we do then? Loan him back again for another 2 weeks for the next round?

Don''t think it would work anyway, going back to the old foreign loans being transfers with a clause in. So wouldn''t Hooper have to be loaned back from window to window?

Even if not, it''s not a good idea. Yes we did it with Bennett but it''s a bit different to this situaion.