Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Lee Camp set to sign

Dont look a gift horse in the mouth. He is a very experienced and competent keeper still only 28 and free. Swansea offered nearly £2m for him last season. IT seems a sensible move at low cost to cover for Ruddy who i suspect will not play again this season. Bunn  has been ok but a tad disappointing from when i saw his early cup appearances. It will provide cover and competition

[quote user="JonnyH"]It looks like Calderwood is having a big say in which keepers we go after, he had Bunn at Northampton and Camp at Forest.
[/quote]

And he buggered up Holt at Forest too![:|]

Imagine it will be a pretty short term contract, maybe only 6 until the summer - would suit both parties, allows Camp to get out of a bad situation at Forest (haven''t their Kuwait owners just signed the Kuwait national keeper) and gives Norwich so proper competition for Bunn until the end of the season.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]Thirsty Lizard wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:02 AM:

As he''s on a free I guess it''s not a huge risk.............

There is, nevertheless, a reason why he is on a free from a Championship side.

Guess what that may be?[/quote]

The report in the local paper here in Nottingham was that as he''s out of contract in the summer and the new manager (Mcleish) has decided to bring in a new keeper, they''ve agreed to let him go now.  This was before any mention of Norwich.

Allowing for time to get match fit, we can''t count on Ruddy having any significant game time for the rest of the season.  After some good early performances, Bunn has not looked so good recently, so I''m not surprised that Hughton wants an experienced back.  It''s really the same logic as why Bunn was recruited in the first place.

The Forest fans I know seem to have similar views to those quoted by Alysha in her post.

I may be wrong but thought Forest offered him a new contract but negotiations broke down. The impression I got was that he was unhappy about being denied a move to the Premier League,

then Forest became a club on the decline. Their once popular player and then captain Luke Chambers spoke out about how things weren''t right at Forest and was then soon sold to Ipswich. So it seems like Camp wasn''t the only player to fall out with the club.

Camp was in goal for QPR in the last home game of the 2007-08, when we needed a win to be sure of staying up. Twice in the second half (QPR being down to 10 men) he came out of the penalty area to deal with through balls and ended up near the centre circle (a slight exaggeration but....). The first time the attempted lob into an empty goal went wide. The second, from Russell, bobbled slowly in.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The second, from Russell, bobbled slowly in.[/quote]Now attempting to find that very picture in the archives.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]The second, from Russell, bobbled slowly in.[/quote]

Now attempting to find that very picture in the archives.
[/quote]

Nothing says welcome like a picture of you messing up in a game 4 years ago [;)]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]The second, from Russell, bobbled slowly in.[/quote]

Now attempting to find that very picture in the archives.
[/quote]

I really should be on commission...[:D]

Good keeper, can''t see any problem with this. So long as we dont use up any funds for a striker

CH obviously doesn''t want to go with the inexperience of Rudd or Steer so its a common sense signing really, gives competition / back up to Bunn until Ruddy is fit.

Very sensible move in my opinion, a decent experienced goalkeeper for free and probably low wages until May, who was recently linked with a move to the Premiership and just month ago had a market value of 2 million. Gives Bunn direct competition and frees up both Rudd and Steer for rest of season loans (which are probably already being negotiated as we speak).I don''t think this signing has any impact on other bids / targets either for those moaning about how we need a striker (which we do)

It seems the memory of the ''94-95 relegation looms large in the management teams memory..

and speaks volumes of the GK coaches view of Rudd,  who I have heard from a couple of sources has a bit of an over inflated view of his own capabilities.

Very pleased with this, I agree with a post from gjp, when we had a number of loanee keepers he was the best. We signed Marshall who was good but camp was superb. A very wise decision with a good keeper. He will add again to our goalkeeping group, Rudd can look for a loan to get that first team football and steer can continue his development.

For me a very sensible signing

So you would rather put a kid in goal whom has hardly played any games for this club or any for a fact and who is one day going to be preceded by young Steer?

[quote user="Michael Starr"] frees up both Rudd and Steer for rest of season loans (which are probably already being negotiated as we speak).

[/quote]

Wouldn''t surprise me if neither of them go out on loan. Unless teams are desperately short of goalkeeping options then I can''t see there being many takers for young and inexperienced ''keepers. And even if there are one or two clubs looking then there''s still plenty of other clubs out there like us with young ''keepers who could do with a loan move.

Good free signing IMO, did a good job when here last. Don''t remember him being the biggest though.

didn''t he make that huge mistake against us once, perhaps for Derby, where he came out with the ball almost to the halfway line, before losing it allowing us to score into the empty net.

He just here for the bigger pay check and to warm the bench for the rest of the season, Hughton obviously doesn''t believe our backup is good enough, I don''t think Camp''s stay will be long term.

[quote user="Notts Canary"]He just here for the bigger pay check and to warm the bench for the rest of the season, Hughton obviously doesn''t believe our backup is good enough, I don''t think Camp''s stay will be long term.[/quote]Ruddy is out for the season.Rudd and Steer are too young and inexperience.And you lot have all moaned about Bunn now its an opportunity to watch another goalkeeper in goal against Luton.And Bunn need actual competition.

I just hope Rudd finally gets a chance on loan somewhere so we can better judge him and he can actually develop. Perfect time for him

Not sure I agree with some of the sentiments that as he''s coming on a free, what''s the risk? Players always used to take a cut of any fee - 10% - and will surely look to make that income up at least from a high wage and minimum contract. Sensible move to bring in cover but my recollection of Camp''s previous loan stay was that no-one was shouting "sign him up!" at the end of it. But could be a much better player now.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Camp is cup tied, played against Oldham for Forest in Rd 3 so you wont see him on Saturday against Luton![/quote]Say this doesn''t go through rudd plays in the premier league and his inexperience shows and he costs us games, what would you say then?

Will do a job for us weather that be add some competetion for Bunn whilst Ruddy is out or may even overshadow him we want the best keeper avaliable in our goal, and whilst Ruddy is out it will give these two keepers a chance to fight it out , with Camp being free and only on a short term contract to till the end of the season he will want to impress.

Despite his current injury, has anyone considered that one of the big clubs may be showing interest in acquiring Ruddy. They know we need money for strikers and that Ruddy is no good to us at the moment in our quest to stay up this season. Teams such as Manchester United or Arsenal might be prepared to lay good money down now ( but less than when Ruddy is fit and performing ) thinking we might just go for it. Just asking.