Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Lee Camp set to sign

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/norwich-transfer-news-canaries-set-1547350?
According to the Mirror. Seem pretty certain of it. Not sure what to make of this except it''ll wind up the Scummers so Im all for it.

With Ruddy out for the rest of the season pretty much, doesn''t seem like a bad idea on a free

Maybe someone like Robinson from Blackburn or Gordon would be OK.

Why not give Rudd a run, couldn''t do any worse than Bunn.

Perhaps Alex Smithies from Huddersfield. I think he only has 6 months left on his contract. However, at 22 he is the same age as Rudd. Excellent young goalkeeper with a big future.

Maybe a loan for Rudd as part of the deal?

M''eh! I''m tired.

Better than Bunn so an improvement.

Always wanted us to sign him instead of David Marshall.

I live with a Forest fan. He said he was a very good shot stopper at that level. Probably similar to Bunn in that respect. However, his command over the area is poor, and his distribution, absolutely shocking. He said, worst in the league.I suspect he''s roughly on a par with Bunn.

Yeah, Im not a massive fan of camp, although I would rather spend our money elsewhere so if Camp is the best option on a free transfer and reasonably low wages, then he''s probably the right man for the job

why? we do not need a FIFTH goalkeeper!! unless thats part of Hughtons plan on us not losing, playing two bloody keepers!!! More keepers than strikers, great!!!

Put him up front, you never know, can''t be worse than our current crop of strikers...

I thought Hughton would go for someone stronger in the air.I recall Camp being a decent shot stopper, but wasn''t so great on crosses (often electing to punch rather than catch the ball). That was several years ago though.

From what I can remember, Camp was very highly rated at Forest but I believe things turned a bit sour after he was denied a move to Swansea during the summer after their promotion. Forest then had a poor season and his attitude started to have an impact on his performances, so my Forest supprting mate told me. If he can rediscover his good form, then Camp on a free isn''t a bad bit of business. Therefore, If we are to believe that we''re in the market for yet another keeper now that Ruddy is injured, I wouldn''t necessarily question Camp''s ability but more so the club''s confidence in Bunn.

As he''s on a free I guess it''s not a huge risk, but whenever I''ve seen him he just looks like Mark Bunn lite.

We need someone who dominates his area and catches crosses. Camp stood on his line like a lemon when Holty headed in our winner from about 4 yards out when we beat Forest at home in our promotion year - hmmmmmmmmmm..........

Someone like Brad Jones would be decent. Shame we didn''t get him instead of Bunn, but then I''m sure he''d rather be at Liverpool than here

We''re beating Ipswich to a signing! OHHHH MY GAAAWWWDDD!!!! I never thought I''d see the day! Look how far we''ve come as a club!

Seriously, what the f*ck relevance does that have? It''s embarrassing if anything that THAT IS THE TYPE OF CLUB WE ARE STILL COMPETING WITH IN SIGNINGS!

Disclaimer: My issue here isn''t with Lee Camp, it''s with the Pink''uns mention of beating Ipswich to this signing. I''d rather sweep that under the mat.

Thirsty Lizard wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:02 AM:

As he''s on a free I guess it''s not a huge risk.............

There is, nevertheless, a reason why he is on a free from a Championship side.

Guess what that may be?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]

Thirsty Lizard wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:02 AM: As he''s on a free I guess it''s not a huge risk............. There is, nevertheless, a reason why he is on a free from a Championship side. Guess what that may be?

[/quote]

Because he publically criticised McLeish''s tactics in a game and McLeish wants him out.

In theory, on paper at least ,given their respective careers to date Camp should be better than Bunn shouldn''t he?

for those calling for Craig Gordon, there has to be a reason as to why he''s still a free agent 5 months into a season?

Resident Canary Stig wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:22 AM:

Out of contract? Out of favour? Injured? I dunno, please tell.

If he was good he would not be out of contract.

If he was good he would not be out of favour.

If he is injured he will not be much use to us!

Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:22 AM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

Thirsty Lizard wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:02 AM: As he''s on a free I guess it''s not a huge risk............. There is, nevertheless, a reason why he is on a free from a Championship side. Guess what that may be?

Because he publically criticised McLeish''s tactics in a game and McLeish wants him out.

So we want a keeper who disagrees with his manager?

Resident Canary Stig wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:22 AM:

Out of contract? Out of favour? Injured? I dunno, please tell.

If he was good he would not be out of contract.

If he was good he would not be out of favour.

If he is injured he will not be much use to us!

Mr Brownstone wrote the following post at 21/01/2013 10:22 AM:

Yellow Wall wrote:

So we want a keeper who disagrees with his manager?

You got me stumped there, why do we want this guy........................???

It looks like Calderwood is having a big say in which keepers we go after, he had Bunn at Northampton and Camp at Forest.