Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Rick Waghorn's Out To Lunch!

After reading Rick''s column today titled "Race For 25 Million Survival Ticket", it is apparent that a distinct lack of ability to think clearly and objectively is not restricted to many of the posters on this forum. Rick qualifies too. The essence of his hypothesis concludes there is a case for the race for survival going down to the last game of the season, with there being a very definite case to be made for our team being the survivor. Nothing wrong with that thought you say? Well, there is, the way that Rick arrives at it ( and too many posters on here, I''m afraid ).

His thoughts begin by focusing on the four weeks beyond our game with Manchester City. His conclusion seems to suggest that neither we, Crystal Palace or Southampton will get anything out of the games during those four weeks. He doesn''t actually say that but the inference is clear. He gives WBA the best chance of picking up something during that time. He goes on to say that it could take as little as 34 or 35 points for survival. He then inputs the thought that our game at Southampton will be a real battle ( he''s probably got that right ) and that he would take a single point right now. Well, if I''m doing my sums right, and putting those five games aside, that leaves Norwich with the mere task of somehow grabbing 13 points at a minimum from the remaining six games ( this includes Manchester City ). That''s the pace that Manchester United and Arsenal are on but, unfortunately, not Norwich.

[quote]After reading Rick''s column today titled "Race For 25 Million Survival Ticket", it is apparent that a distinct lack of ability to think clearly and objectively is not restricted to many of the posters...[/quote]

All fine and dandy Yankee, but you''re forgetting my Hex''s.

They are now starting to bite hard. Its no coincidence that there''s only two points between us and safety!.

Even the mighty Chelski are starting to feel their power.

Don''t you get a ''tingle'' when I reply on here now these days?.

Sadly, Wizard, it''s the only ''tingle" I do get nowadays. Good luck on the hex approach....we sure need something special. I''ll be away for three weeks or so but will try to check in if opportunity knocks.

As usual, YC a good post, Waghorn''s article is all eye wash!! and no content. If you,ve read my recent post (today) we have''nt even got the players eating the right food to maintain their fitness programme, let alone deciding that we can rule out the Man City game before we start to get the act together. Where will that thought process get us?.  It''s got to be first Wiz and the extra spec Hexxxx''s that must be employed.

[quote]As usual, YC a good post, Waghorn''s article is all eye wash!! and no content. If you,ve read my recent post (today) we have''nt even got the players eating the right food to maintain their fitness prog...[/quote]

Beelsie, you either an expert dietician with access to the City training regimes or you''re completely clueless and decide to base your comments on a puff piece seen on TV

I think we are all byas when trying to calculate possible results. Us Norwich fans are all thinking "well, there''s a good chance of beating Man City, and we''ve got Palace and Soton away"...

And Palace, Soton and Man City fans will be thinking..

"At least we''ve got Norwich home, thats a banker three points, and Man City will be hoping for 3 points"