Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

paul lamberts face

surely one of the most slappable in football , how i didn''t realise this for 3 years i don''t know but everytime i see him now i get an uncrontolable rage buildng up inside me and i just want to slap him repeatedly... thank you for reading i feel better getting that off my chest OTBC

[quote user="Grant Holts 3 year contract"]He''s a c***.I''d happily give him a slap.[/quote]Cor, ur well ''ard innit? [:O]

[quote user="Evesham Canary"].....but still a great NCFC Manager - can''t bring myself to hate him as much as some on here. Without him we could still be in L1.[/quote]

Bit of this and a bit of the above

He''ll always be an absolute legend for what he did here.

Some of you really do need to let go. It''s getting very petty now.

Total respect for what Lambert done for us and so should any sane Norwich City fan!

BUT,

Wasn''t it great tonight!

Still disapointed cause if we could of put in a performance against Villa I think we''d of done better against Bradford than Lamberts misfits did!

[quote user="Evesham Canary"].....but still a great NCFC Manager - can''t bring myself to hate him as much as some on here. Without him we could still be in L1.[/quote]

You coming from Evesham must be a bit of Villa in you

No, moron, i''d be delighted if he took them down. They''re a rival.

But it doesn''t mean i''m going to start acting like a child. Grow up.

The man did a superb job for us and you should be thoroughly bloody thankful that he had his time at our club.

I''d have been hoping for Bradford to make it anyway against anyone but us, it''s the sort of Fairy tale story that is often too lacking in football today. The Lambert factor is just an added bonus, for anyone who say''s it petty, their right but i dont care alot of what goes on in football is petty imo it''s all part of the fun.

Funny the way things turn out isn''t it.

Does anybody else''s perception work like this? You see someone. You make a snap judgement. You think: "hang on, I''m being irrational here. I know nothing about this person. I''ll wait till I know more".

You then modify your assessment - you think they''re neither quite as good or bad as you did at first, a more complex mix of characteristics, as we all are.

Then something happens & you think: d''you know, I was right first time. That''s basically how they are.

Lambert is a classic case for me. My first reaction was that he was angry & ambitious. During all our success I thought he had really found his ideal team, that there was a synergy that would be good for all of us & he''d be here a long, long time.

Now I just think he''s angry & ambitious. And, ultimately, a failure.

He was right when he said he''d taken us as far as he could go.

He did a great job at Norwich but his success went to his head and he bit off more than he could chew, went out of his depth.   His forte is building up from lower divisions where his strategy of keen, young and hungry works very well but he was yet to prove himself properly in the prem.   This season would''ve been his real test at Norwich but his ego ran away with him/

Patience is a virtue

Keen, young and hungry is all very well but they also must be TALENTED!   Most of his kinder garten at Villa aren''t!!!

As expected Villa fans are muting for Adkins or DiMatteo now

[quote user="ron obvious"]Funny the way things turn out isn''t it.

Does anybody else''s perception work like this? You see someone. You make a snap judgement. You think: "hang on, I''m being irrational here. I know nothing about this person. I''ll wait till I know more".

You then modify your assessment - you think they''re neither quite as good or bad as you did at first, a more complex mix of characteristics, as we all are.

Then something happens & you think: d''you know, I was right first time. That''s basically how they are.

Lambert is a classic case for me. My first reaction was that he was angry & ambitious. During all our success I thought he had really found his ideal team, that there was a synergy that would be good for all of us & he''d be here a long, long time.

Now I just think he''s angry & ambitious. And, ultimately, a failure.[/quote]

Yes. completely agree with this. Have gone through each of those stages myself.

The thing is, how can or could Lambert ever have known where his upper limit is? How would he know how good he is? He obviously thought he was better than Norwich could ever be and, for a while, I thought he may be the next Fergy or something but his idol, Marton o''Neill, has hardly set the league alight with Sunderland, has he? So maybe Lambert is just another O''Neill.

Any incoming manager would demand access to substantial funds to underwrite an attempt at strengthening the villa squad in the hope of avoiding relegation. lerner has already effectively implied not much cash if any will be available, (publicly confirmed by Lambert), so I do think PL will be spared the sacking I suspect Lerner wants to award him because Lerner would then have to pay his contract up, pay up the contracts of his coaching team, find somebody else and then stump up a decent wad of transfer cash all in just over a week.Think he''ll be hung out to dry in May though unless of course they don''t perform in their friday night game against Millwall either..[:D]

[quote user="K Lo"]The thing is, how can or could Lambert ever have known where his upper limit is? How would he know how good he is? He obviously thought he was better than Norwich could ever be and, for a while, I thought he may be the next Fergy or something but his idol, Marton o''Neill, has hardly set the league alight with Sunderland, has he? So maybe Lambert is just another O''Neill.
[/quote]

O''Neill???............at the moment he hasn''t acheived anymore than Phil Brown did?

To quote Lambert in yesterdays papers "football has a great habit of kicking you somewhere" You said it Paul. Hilarious.