Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Why SHOULDNT we gloat?

Maybe I''ve gone OTT on the various social networks that I''m part of but I''ve been told by other fans that we should "leave Villa''s manager alone"?Why?After the way he walked out to the "bigger club" I''m delighted that he''s failing. People say "oh it''s only a job" but to us Norwich fans it''s more than that. The good stuff that he did here was wiped out the minute he put in his resignation. Any other manager doing that at any other club would have been given the same reaction (i.e us towards Villa''s manager).In Hughton I trust.

In Hughton you trust, but you''ve said in other threads that we''re going down?! How does that work?

I don''t gloat because I''m over it. Yeah, he left. Never mind. That''s football.

[quote user="87canary"]In Hughton you trust, but you''ve said in other threads that we''re going down?! How does that work?

I don''t gloat because I''m over it. Yeah, he left. Never mind. That''s football.[/quote]When I have I said we''re going down?

I really don''t get how any comparison can be made between Paul Lambert and Clingan.

One was the most successful and entertaining manager in our history; the other a talentless clogger who starred in the worst team we''ve had for half a century.

And yes its funny when a giant killing happens. But Lambert is a legend. Perhaps if Millwall beat Villa, and Luton turn us over at the weekend, the dream scenario takes place and Lambert returns to us. Because if Villa come to us in early May in a relegation play off, i suspect we all know who''ll come out on top...

[quote user="crab"]

Perhaps if Millwall beat Villa, and Luton turn us over at the weekend, the dream scenario takes place and Lambert returns to us. [/quote]

Dream scenario?  If I''ve read that right, it would be your dream for Lambert to come back, and try and rebuild the bridges with the fans, board, players and whole club?  Whilst working with a load of players he never signed?  And also in the middle of a relegation battle?

Riiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhttttttttt

If this is your dream, you need to wake up pretty quick.  Lambert will not being come back here... 

Nowt wrong with gloating over Villa''s loss.  We''d all like to think Norwich would''ve performed better and knocked out Bradford, if we''d got the chance, but it could''ve been us who were the victims of a giant killing too...

Agreed don''t want him back, and yes seeing them knocked out of the COCup by Bradford is funny. However, some of you really need to stop being bitter.

If you are really honest with yourself Villa is a bigger club, not just with its history but even in things like their attendance.

Does this mean if clubs can''t go down? Of course not, Newcastle did (and may again).

The problem with gloating is that it should really be helpd back and turned into some kind of righteous smugness if things go wrong for him, and right for us at the end of the season.

I still don''t get all this hate for Lambert.

He was never going to stick around for long.

I don''t think he could have taken us any further.

No-one really knows the manner of his departure, there''s more than meets the eye and I don''t think the board are squeaky clean in conspiring towards his departure.

Gloating is part of being a football fan.It would appear that Lambert is out of his depth at this ''big'' club he went too. His team are the laughing stock of English football.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I still don''t get all this hate for Lambert.

He was never going to stick around for long.

I don''t think he could have taken us any further.

No-one really knows the manner of his departure, there''s more than meets the eye and I don''t think the board are squeaky clean in conspiring towards his departure.[/quote]

OT but I''ve just remembered where your signature lyrics are from, one of my favourite albums that, Neither Washington nor Moscow, nice.

I''m not sure you get the right to gloat when the fans you are winding up support the team who knocked your team out in the previous round. If we beat Villa then by all means gloat away if that''s your thing but gloating now is a bit stupid after they knocked four past us in the previous round.Alternatively you could just get over Paul Lambert and then you don''t need to worry about whether to gloat or not gloat. Why not try it?

Sadly with our dire run of form, zero transfer action and the threat of relegation, this is the only enjoyable news I can find in football, so yes I will enjoy a little gloat and chuckle at Lambert''s downfall...

Gloat?!  If we had f*cking turned up in the previous round I''m sure we would have been at Wembley now! 

Jesus - get a life and move on.  Saturday is where our football management team and us should focus now, letting the "business" management team get on with the transfer window.  The gloating can happen on May 4th.

But didn''t Hughton walk out on Birmingham to come to Norwich?

They didn''t want him to leave either!

Thats the way of things. If you are in work-and, as many have said before, Managers (and players) are not, for the main part, "fans", just employees-and you get what you perceive to be a better offer, you''re going to take it.

Lambert got one from Villa, Hughton got one from us, we''re hoping to do the same as regards Hooper and Celtic.

I can''t see how we can expect blind loyalty from anyone when we expect our targets to switch theirs to us.

Lambert is now history. Hughton will be one day. And, somewhere out there, though neither he or we know it right now, is his replacement. And his replacement too!

Good football is fluid in movement, so is supporting your club.

For what its worth, I still think, if they persist with him, Villa will go places with Lambert. However. He came in here and tore the club and squad a new arse-which was needed at the time as we were on the rocks. It seems that he has takn that approach there as well, where-as it wasn''t needed at all-more a few gentle nudges onto a new course, to stick with the metaphors.

As a football fan, whenever you gloat you have to be aware that the boot can be on the other foot at any time.

But it''s only human to be moderately amused that the "big" team Lambert moved to have been deservedly beaten over 2 legs by a team from the bottom tier of football, making history in the process while in the league despite our poor recent run, Villa are still well below us.

Having said that, the main interest for me now is whether we can strengthen the squad and also making sure we don''t have a similarly embarassing result at the weekend.  And more importantly, get some solid results in the league.

Also I saw one post that mentioned the "dream" scenario which seemed to be a return by PL - more of a nightmare for me tbh!