Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Simon Lappin - has there ever been a greater professional at Carrow Road?

Take some responsibility for your words Sonny...

instead of saying ''singling out when others were saying the same'' back up your own words, your words don''t mean anymore just because three or four other people agree with you?

I have taken responsibility and backed up my opinion,must backing it up further by pointing ou others agree, and the main point of that was that you''ve taken issue with what I''ve said and not what any of them have said when CDMullins responded with what I''d say was a fairly ''aggressive'' tone.

You know how I work on this forum, which I''ll admit is very silly from time to time, but not all the time, and you and Webbo are the only two who regularly pick me out. Although Webbo does it to everyone he disagrees with. I could say that you are just looking for a response from me, or at least on some sort of conquest to change me. If it makes you feel any better I''m not like this in person. Ask Grant Holts 3 year contract, he knows me.

I still don''t think I was disrespectful, but if you think I was and still do then that''s fine I''ve backed up my opinion nothing more I can do other than accept yours.

Oh, and not that I really care, but any reason for using my real name? I have only used yours as its in your username. Doesn''t bother me, fair few of the forum users know me from Facebook or twitter, but still just a little odd...

Yet you still need to validate your ''opinion'' by relying on others?

Yes I know how you work:

1) you make a point

2) someone challenges it

3) you go on the defensive

4) then all you ever say is ''well its my opinion and your not allowed to question it''

So that''s why I don''t want to argue with you, but guess what you''ve drawn me in again

I don''t see why you need to be any different on here to how you are in real life?

I used your name because that''s what people do when they talk to each other, can''t see how its odd? I''d say its quite a popular thing?

For what we paid for Lappin and what we got from him, he doesn''t owe the club anything!

Yes if he''d of been more hungry to play football he''d of gone ages ago but that was his perogative, the club wasn''t forced to give him contracts. When he was called on to play he rarely let us down, even in the Premiership last season right up to his impressive display against Posh the other week!

End of story!

[quote user="kingsway"]

For what we paid for Lappin and what we got from him, he doesn''t owe the club anything!

Yes if he''d of been more hungry to play football he''d of gone ages ago but that was his perogative, the club wasn''t forced to give him contracts. When he was called on to play he rarely let us down, even in the Premiership last season right up to his impressive display against Posh the other week!

End of story!

[/quote]
Agreed, but the question was: "has there ever been a greater professional at Carrow Road?" to which the answer is overwhelmingly yes, and there''s at least 20 names which spring to mind within the first 10 seconds of thinking about it.

I never said you can''t question me, I''m perfectly happy for you to question me. Or for anyone else to question me, otherwise I wouldn''t post. And I go on the defensive? You mean I back up my opinion? Isn''t that what you are supposed to do?

Seriously, I''m not trying to have an argument with you or say you''re wrong or be ultra defensive or say you can''t question my opinion. I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again if I need to.

And yet again, I''m not validating my opinion by relying on others. I validated my opinion by giving it and backing it up. I didn''t ask for other posters to say similar things, I just mentioned it and am still curious as to why you''ve not told them they''re rediclious yet I am.

And I''m different on here because its easier and this forum is a hell of a lot different to real life. Never have I come across a group of people who share the same interest be so aggressive towards each other. The Internet allows people to act differently.

And like I said, don''t mind you using my name, but KO it''s not a popular thing to start using people name on a forum when it''s not their username. I never called you Jez when you had other usernames, don''t call NN Eddie, or other posters who''s name I know, apart from on the odd occasion in the Rays Funds thread.

Oh, and just for clarification, this isn''t me going on the defensive, this is me giving my opinion, which, again for clarification you are allowed to agree, question, disagree, ridicule, what ever you want. But then I''m allowed to respond to that, ok?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]He''s got more out of Norwich City FC than Norwich City have got out of him.Bye Simon, thanks for, er, no memories at all.[/quote]Ahem, i disagree.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSTX6leOJ20Free-kick Vs Luton anyone? [:D]

GP, the game you''re thinking of was at home to Cardiff - indeed he was about 40-odd yards out and after their ''keeper cleared the ball straight to him, Lappin put the ball into the net with the keeper miles away.  As we lost the game 2-1 though Fozzy didn''t score a free kick.  In fact he never scored a free kick.

Really?

I was sure he did score a free kick, must have happened in one of the many fantastic Fozzy dreams I had, scoring left right and centre ;)