Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

We'll do it our way

I think that all of us supporters are aware of the balancing act that has currently to be performed at Carrow Road.

Whilst our financial position has improved miraculously in the last two years we not yet in a position to compete with most others in the Premiership when it comes to transfer fees and wages offered. Neither are we in a position to be over-timid with respect to these two factors as our safety is not assured and the rewards for survival are enormous.

Nobody would want us to go mad and risk leaving the Club on the financial scrap-heap like Portsmouth, Leeds, Birmingham etc. etc. Norwich City FC is not yet in a position where it can spend £10m in the transfer market on one player. Nor is it in a position to adopt anything like QPResque wages strategy. These home truths are perfectly clear to me.

It is not lack of ambition, it is a realistic appraisal of our current financial status IMO.

I am perfectly happy with the Club''s attempts at strengthening thus far and even though the latest two attempts seem to have floundered, possibly mainly dues to finances (£7-£8m being an absolute max. for Hooper surely?) and there are other factors as well, I remain confident that the Hoots/McN. combo will pull something from the carnage that will prove to be better than the Harry Kane saga.

CMS  might not be our first choice, but needs must. He is perfectly capable of having more than a few Premiership moments and would provide fresh impetus and an extra dimension in an area where these surely are desperatelt needed. Falling short of saying, if all else fails then CMS will do (there is a lot more to his game than some think,) I feel that he will at least add something to our limited attacking options. Failure to address this area is NOT an option, IMO. He, unlike the two/three we have atm, actually scores goals. 

Pete - were does it say that Celtic want £10m? Who says Spurs were definately watching Hooper? Even the Celtic fans think Wanyama is the stand out player in their team, could it have been him Spurs were watching?

Just as a throw in, but Burnley have put a bid in for a Bournemouth forward (Austin to Celtic etc)

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Stig"]I want the club to spend the money it advertised it had when it made two bids of £5million public.

[/quote]So whats with all these posts about pushing the boat out, and showing ambition?[/quote]Well, firstly I''d have done more to sign Hooper/Rhodes/Austin even CMS if I had to, in the summer so that this mess could have been avoided.[/quote]

Those two quotes show your naivety. The first one doesn''t necessarily mean we have £10m to spend but simply we bid for two players in the hope of getting one. Whether we have enough for both is unknown. If we bid £5m each for two more players would mean we have £20m to spend by your reckoning.

As for your second point, I thought everybody knew that the SKY money was released throughout the season and NOT in one lump in August. Therefore, money that is available now was not available then.

Try listening to other posters reasoning instead of ranting about things you clearly don''t understand.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Stig"]I want the club to spend the money it advertised it had when it made two bids of £5million public.

[/quote]So whats with all these posts about pushing the boat out, and showing ambition?[/quote]Well, firstly I''d have done more to sign Hooper/Rhodes/Austin even CMS if I had to, in the summer so that this mess could have been avoided.[/quote]

Those two quotes show your naivety. The first one doesn''t necessarily mean we have £10m to spend but simply we bid for two players in the hope of getting one. Whether we have enough for both is unknown. If we bid £5m each for two more players would mean we have £20m to spend by your reckoning.

As for your second point, I thought everybody knew that the SKY money was released throughout the season and NOT in one lump in August. Therefore, money that is available now was not available then.

Try listening to other posters reasoning instead of ranting about things you clearly don''t understand.

[/quote]
Well, if you''d been reading my posts from the start of January you''d be more than aware I coined the idea we don''t have £10mil and might have just made two bids like that and was shouted down for such an absurd idea... and secondly, I don''t think I made a single point about the money from the tv deal...?
So to you quote a rash post - "Try listening to other posters reasoning instead of ranting about things you clearly don''t understand."