Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

We'll do it our way

doing it our way got some good talent in during the summer.

Bassong, Tettey (I know he has been a bit off of late), Turner, Whittaker, Snodgrass and others.

Be patient.

Has Chris Hughton ever thought that "our way" might be the incorrect way and it''s about time to jump on the spending bandwagon? I mean, it goes against my principles of not having to spend money to compete...  look at Bradford... but when the system your manager plays on the pitch demands you spend more money on players to integrate into that system, well it leaves you high and dry. I think we can all safely assume the Hooper bid is well off now, and Danny Graham is our last best hope. I''m hoping the lack of Lee Camp announcement means there will be a double announcement sometime soon. Or did we even fail to get in a free transfer too? [:P]

The new article on the front page is a rehashing of the quotes Hughton gave after the Liverpool game, I wouldn''t read anything into post-match comments and I certainly wouldn''t comment on a manager''s answer without knowing what the question was.

It sounds to me he was asked if he would like to be able to spend 10s of millions on players such as Sturridge, to which he quite rightly replies, Norwich don''t have 10s of millions from rich owners - thus we have to do transfers differently.

Stig, if ever there is an example of a failing education system, you are it.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Stig"]

it''s about time to jump on the spending bandwago

[/quote]

Idiot.

[/quote]
Yet you keep biting, you''re becoming my new best friend! [:D]

[quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

Idiot.

[/quote]

What he said

[quote user="I.S."]Stig, if ever there is an example of a failing education system, you are it.[/quote]
What did I get wrong? [:$]

Nevertheless, the club are addressing a problem they should have sorted over the summer, but failed to do so.Buying a striker in January is just about the worst and most expensive time to do so.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

Idiot.

[/quote]

Yet you keep biting, you''re becoming my new best friend! [:D]

[/quote]

You''re continual drivel and refusal to even read, let alone take in, what other posters are telling you is really starting to grate.

Now I''m almost 100% certain you''re making that up. I came into this thread, agreed with the original post and then you came in and insulted me. You are picking up a habit of doing that. Ignore my posts if you don''t like them? 
OR, on second thoughts you could convey a sensible counter arguement... or perhaps YOU are the idiot. Who knows? [:|]

[quote user="Stig"]Now I''m almost 100% certain you''re making that up. I came into this thread, agreed with the original post and then you came in and insulted me. You are picking up a habit of doing that. Ignore my posts if you don''t like them? 

OR, on second thoughts you could convey a sensible counter arguement... or perhaps YOU are the idiot. Who knows? [:|]

[/quote]

I think you should perhaps look at yourself instead of others as you are clearly grating on people, including me.

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Stig"]Now I''m almost 100% certain you''re making that up. I came into this thread, agreed with the original post and then you came in and insulted me. You are picking up a habit of doing that. Ignore my posts if you don''t like them? 

[/quote]

I think you should perhaps look at yourself instead of others as you are clearly grating on people, including me.

[/quote]
Oh not you and all Mrs.Miggins! I''ve scrutinised my first post in this thread twice now and still fail to see what offended you all so. Enlighten me?

[quote user="Stig"]

Now I''m almost 100% certain you''re making that up. I came into this thread, agreed with the original post and then you came in and insulted me. You are picking up a habit of doing that. Ignore my posts if you don''t like them? 

[/quote]

I called you an idiot because you are being an idiot. As you''ve stated on many a thread you want the club to "push the boat out" to get new signings. You''re either ignorant to the fact that the club already puts every spare penny it generates into Hughton''s budget, or you want the club to spend money it doesn''t have to bring in higher cost players. Either way, you''re an idiot.

[quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

I called you an idiot because you are being an idiot. As you''ve stated on many a thread you want the club to "push the boat out" to get new signings. You''re either ignorant to the fact that the club already puts every spare penny it generates into Hughton''s budget, or you want the club to spend money it doesn''t have to bring in higher cost players. Either way, you''re an idiot.

[/quote]
Quite the contrary Brownstone, I want the club to spend the money it advertised it had when it made two bids of £5million public. You do jump to a lot of conclusions about what "I think". Perhaps one time you see my post in a thread, you might try a reasoned discussion. As you can clearly see, I''m well up for it.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]any chance we can talk about the club, rather than bitching?[/quote]
I am trying, honestly. Check my first post in the thread and you''ll see who derailed it.

[quote user="pablofarmer"]any chance we can talk about the club, rather than bitching?[/quote]

Good idea, my personal view he''s worth Â£7.5m -£8m, yet it depends if celtic really need to sell him at this moment in time (if they can get £5m and a chance of progress in the CL) 

Secondly, I believe the club have this money and would be worth it, and he would come here (because otherwise 2 bids wouldn''t have been made).

Whatever happens by the end of January, i''m sure Norwich will have no regrets if we do or don''t sign hooper as we either can afford him, or we can''t.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]

Good idea, my personal view he''s worth Â£7.5m -£8m, yet it depends if celtic really need to sell him at this moment in time (if they can get £5m and a chance of progress in the CL) 

Secondly, I believe the club have this money and would be worth it, and he would come here (because otherwise 2 bids wouldn''t have been made).

Whatever happens by the end of January, i''m sure Norwich will have no regrets if we do or don''t sign hooper as we either can afford him, or we can''t.

[/quote]
This.

Here''s a point.

I''ve lost count the number of times, ''inflated prices'' & ''January transfer window'' being in the same sentence. Yet the club has backed itself into a corner, and made to look fools with this Hooper nonsense.

If the club was doing things within their power. They should''ve pulled their fingers out in the first place rather than making do with Harry Caine.

That''s my thoughts. Call me an idiot if it makes anybody happy.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

This.

[/quote]

Please don''t ever do this again

I dont think I can argue with a valuation along those lines.

After all sometimes its not about how much a player is worth but what it will cost to replace him.

I would feel Graham should be a little bit cheaper, maybe around the 5 mark, which apparently is what we bid for him.

I would say if one of these is going to happen it will be Graham, especially as Michu has just signed an new contract with the Swans too.

[quote user="Stig"]

Quite the contrary Brownstone, I want the club to spend the money it advertised it had when it made two bids of £5million public. You do jump to a lot of conclusions about what "I think". Perhaps one time you see my post in a thread, you might try a reasoned discussion. As you can clearly see, I''m well up for it.

[/quote]

So whats with all these posts about pushing the boat out, and showing ambition? What is it exactly that you think they are currently doing, and what would you do differently?

[quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

So whats with all these posts about pushing the boat out, and showing ambition? What is it exactly that you think they are currently doing, and what would you do differently?

[/quote]
Well, firstly I''d have done more to sign Hooper/Rhodes/Austin even CMS if I had to, in the summer so that this mess could have been avoided. Granted, I don''t know exactly what went on but it was obvious we needed a striker and we failed to do so. Right now it appears the club are making a mess of the Hooper bid to the point where Neil Lennon is almost taking the piss when he comments about it. We are the ones who need the striker, and Celtic know that and are messing us about. I''d give them a straight up good offer from the coffers Norwich let everyone knew that they have. Again, granted I know it''s not as straightforward as any of that, but from my position as a civvy that is my understanding of it.
And Mrs.Miggins, you just made the points I''ve been making for the best part of a week.

I agree with Stig here, why didn''t we sign someone like CMS or Austin iso Kane...whom I do not rate at all, after seeing his exploits live, in a canary shirt.... Especially CH''s and the board''s reactions say enough for me... It''ll be another blank, but that doesn''t mean they''re not trying they HAVE TO! we''re not up to it up front...it could cost us dearly.

[quote user="Stig"]

Well, firstly I''d have done more to sign Hooper/Rhodes/Austin even CMS if I had to, in the summer so that this mess could have been avoided. Granted, I don''t know exactly what went on but it was obvious we needed a striker and we failed to do so. Right now it appears the club are making a mess of the Hooper bid to the point where Neil Lennon is almost taking the piss when he comments about it. We are the ones who need the striker, and Celtic know that and are messing us about. I''d give them a straight up good offer from the coffers Norwich let everyone knew that they have. Again, granted I know it''s not as straightforward as any of that, but from my position as a civvy that is my understanding of it.

And Mrs.Miggins, you just made the points I''ve been making for the best part of a week.

[/quote]

You can''t say "I''d have done more" because as you say. you don''t know what went on. It''s not as simple as you make it sound. We''ve obviously got a budget to work within and if we''ve got multiple targets we can''t spend it all on 1 player just because the selling club are playing hardball. Equally there''s no point spending it on a player for the sake of it, as both Lambert and Hughton have stated they''ll only bring in players if it''s right for the club and they''ll be an improvement on what we''ve already got.

Chill out and have some faith in Hughton and McNally, they''ll do what''s right for the club.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean ''done more''.  With CMS we didn''t think he was worth what Brighton did (thank god). And with Hooper, the transfer window is not closed yet. We''ve made two bids that aren''t high enough, but am sure we''ll come back with another bid. If Celtic think he''s worth £9m, I very much doubt we can afford that and we should not push the boat to match it as it seems you are suggesting

[quote user="mrs miggins"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="mrs miggins"]

[/quote]

This.

[/quote]

Please don''t ever do this again

[/quote]

Well last night Spurs were watching Hooper, so with that in mind I think we are now out of the race for his signature, he will have everything there that he''s after, not even Celtic could match Spurs offer to him what chance do we have of turning his head to Norwich. Celtic have said they want £10mil for him, IMO There are better players than him and for less too so lets hope we have eyes on other players.