Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

Latest from the almighty 'Moose'.

@BroadcastMoose: Transfer gossip - latest is there could be some sort of player/cash deal between Norwich and Celtic with Gary Hooper & Grant Holt involved

Really?!

He seems confident but can''t be true surely not. We need to add to the strike force to give us options not swap are current best forward ! Unless this paves the way for Danny Graham !

Graham offers no more than what Holt does, would be silly business and it makes no sense.

If we need reinforcements upfront we''re not gonna be getting rid of our only competent forward.

It was speculation it could mean Grant Holt it could mean Jackson, Howson, Morison, Bennett or may not even involve a player at all.

Cant see it being Holt our captain and best centre forward.

Talksport are now speculating that the Hooper deal might involve a part exchange deal involving Grant Holt.

This would, IMO, be a risk too far. Hooper has yet to kick a ball at Premier level and has gained his goalscoring reputation against Championship level sides. Holt is not only comfortable at his level, to the point of being touted for England, but is also a leader on the pitch and seemingly off it. The upheaval at the Club would almost approach Southampton''s recent turnaround. Wrong player, wrong time.

I would want to take a calculated (financial) gamble on Hooper coming good, but not at the expense  of Mr. Norwich City. Not just yet especially.

If Hughton were to let this happen it may well turn out to be his Roeder moment ala Huckerby.

The only way i''d be happy with this is if we also got someone to hold the ball up. Then that''s a bloody good deal, but if thats not lined up, i don''t see how this could be true 

It would be a great move for Holty though, i really feel for him having to play in our current team.

The squad is good, it''s just that we''re playing for survival.

A move up to Celtic would be amazing for him.

I don''t think it will be long until he moves in all honesty, i think his time here is numbered, and he''ll either want to finish at Carlisle, or given the opportunity of appearing in champs league match - Who could blame him?!

If this happens, I''ll eat my season ticket.

Hooper is a goal scorer no doubt, but he''s not proven at this level so as such he carries a risk. Holt is proven at this level. A swap could possibly weaken our attack even further, unless Graham comes in too.

Still, he''s our captain and the dressing room has lost enough of it''s ''Characters'' recently, don''t think this would be a good move whichever way you look at it.

We have to be realistic here and accept that Holty''s best days will soon be behind him.He''s worked damn hard this season but not got the goal returns we''d have liked (not his fault 90% of the time), and this is likely to only get worse over the next year or two.We agreed to a big contract in the summer that so far isn''t arguably paying out (again, I think he''s played bloody well goals aside), much like Torres at Chelsea tbh who is working hard but struggling for goalscoring form.If we can get a workable deal that pretty much covers Hooper''s wages and cuts the transfer fee to a sensible price, then I think we''d be fairly brave to refuse.The problem this creates however is that we''ve then still only got 1 quality striker and need more improvement, maybe if Graham is on the cards as well then it makes perfect sense.

perhaps a swap with Morison going to Celtic, but I doubt it. Unless Graham is coming here or someone similar I can''t see Holt leaving.

Why is everyone so quick to believe this twitter and talksport rumour? Something pretty huge would have to be lined up to get rid of our club captain and best striker. Hooper alone isn''t enough. Morison, Jackson, Vaughan fair enough, but no way Holt.

[quote user="York Canary"]Why is everyone so quick to believe this twitter and talksport rumour? Something pretty huge would have to be lined up to get rid of our club captain and best striker. Hooper alone isn''t enough. Morison, Jackson, Vaughan fair enough, but no way Holt.[/quote]

Morison. Maybe even Jackson too. But not Holt.

From the TalkSh1te website, £6m PLUS Holt LOL!!!!!!!

Grant Holt could be used as bait by Norwich in a bid to land Celtic striker Gary Hooper.

The Canaries star has not hit the heights of last season and has scored only four Premier League goals so far this term, but he remains highly-rated.

And Norwich are reportedly prepared to allow the 31-year-old to leave Carrow Road in a deal that would take him to Parkhead, with Hooper moving in the opposite direction.

Celtic turned down a reported £5m bid from Norwich last week, and an improved offer on Monday afternoon, with the Scottish giants holding out for between £8-10m for the 24-year-old.

But a revised offer of around £6m plus Holt could be enough to persuade Neil Lennon to allow his main strike star to leave.

A source close to Holt confirmed to talkSPORT that the former Shrewsbury hitman would be keen on a switch to Glasgow if the two teams can thrash out a deal.

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130122/exclusive-holt-could-join-celtic-hooper-swap-deal-189846#6k5w0yvtGvsiZKhJ.99

What a load of absolute rubbish. Not a chance in hell of this happening. It''s pretty much a like for like swap, only Hooper will be able to play even less well in our system and I''m pretty sure Chris Hughton was the one that came in an persuaded Holt to stay in the end.

I don’t think we should be so quick to rule this out - this could be a good move if we got Graham too. We could end up at the end of January with Hooper (age 24 with lots of potential) and Graham (proven to score PL goals) as attacking options and having removed one of the highest wages from the club. The 3 year Holt deal in the summer was always a gamble given his age and I’m not sure it’s working out. One thing is clear, if we don’t get more goals out of our forwards then we’ll be in for a long hard relegation scrap and this could be a good way to achieve that.

I know Holt is a talisman etc etc, but at some point that has to end.

My first thought was, nah that''s rubbish but as some have mentioned I fear Holty is not at all comfortable with his role. Once a goal scorer always a goal scorer.

The service to him now is almost non existent. He would score for fun up there, have a good income, enjoy a great lifestyle and be closer to his roots. I wouldn''t blame him if he decided to go.

Not good at all for us though!!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

From the TalkSh1te website, £6m PLUS Holt LOL!!!!!!!

Grant Holt could be used as bait by Norwich in a bid to land Celtic striker Gary Hooper.

And Norwich are reportedly prepared to allow the 31-year-old to leave Carrow Road in a deal that would take him to Parkhead, with Hooper moving in the opposite direction.

Celtic turned down a reported £5m bid from Norwich last week, and an improved offer on Monday afternoon, with the Scottish giants holding out for between £8-10m for the 24-year-old.

But a revised offer of around £6m plus Holt could be enough to persuade Neil Lennon to allow his main strike star to leave

[/quote]
Key words in bold and italic. Pure speculation.

If Holt leaving allows us to bring in both Hooper and Graham then I am all for it. He isn''t fully comfortable in the system Hughton plays and that doesn''t look like changing anytime soon.

However, this should only be done as a last resort to fund the deals, a club should always have 3/4 quality strikers, currently we have 1.

"In response to nos of earlier messages, none of our senior players are for sale & won''t be included in any player swaps," he wrote on Twitter.