Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Holt to Celtic

Ridiculous.

Why would they have Holt when they could have Morison?

[quote user="GJP"]Ridiculous.

Why would they have Holt when they could have Morison?[/quote]

Why not have both and give us Hooper in a straight swap... (tin hat on)...

Can''t see Holt going, although Glasgow is much nearer his homeland in Carlisle, and a much easier journey.

The question is, if Holt were to go, would we be happy to sign both Hooper and Graham? Perhaps a sale of Holt could allow this to happen, and it may be part of CH''s rebuilding for the future. (Remember that the club didn''t want initially to give a three year contract to Holt, last year.

But I can''t see what is in this for Celtic, and I doubt the whole thing.

Makes sense to me - Holty goes North which is where he wants to be, and Hooper wants prem move! Holt 31 and 4 goals this term, Hooper 24 and been scoring for fun (admittedly in Scotish football). Holt has served us very very well, but is struggling this term, and I know it''s not down to him but he may just see Celtic as a final challenge and good end to his career, which is now being widely reported.

I have just heard the same on Talk Sport - they "understand" that he (Grant Holt) would be happy with the move.

Don''t think this would be a bad move to be fair, Holty hasn''t been AS good as last season and not getting any younger (yes hes doing more for the team etc etc) this could maybe free up some extra money on wages also.Holt does favour Celtic as we know from the start of the season.... also a tie in the champions league against Juventus might sway things. Can''t see Holt and Hopper together IMO.

If we got Hooper and Graham then it wont be a bad move but to only get Hooper and have to pay all that cash plus losing Holt I think would be madness!!!

Latest BBC feed:
  1. 1315: 

TRANSFER LATEST

Metro reports that Tottenham are believed to have joined the race for Celtic contract rebel Gary Hooper, 24. Norwich City have had a £5million bid for the former Scunthorpe striker while Liverpool and QPR are also thought to be keen.

If we already had Danny Graham signed up, then moving on an underperforming 31 year old as a make-weight is fine.  Until that happens, it would be suicide for Hughton if we went down.

[quote user="kellybrook"]

If we already had Danny Graham signed up, then moving on an underperforming 31 year old as a make-weight is fine.  Until that happens, it would be suicide for Hughton if we went down.

[/quote]

He''s not underperforming, he''s playing a different role. How many decent chances has he missed?

If Spurs are in for Hooper then it''s all over anyway.

I''m totally aware of the role he is playing and what it is about.  He is still under-performing.[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="kellybrook"]

[/quote]

He''s not underperforming, he''s playing a different role. How many decent chances has he missed?

If Spurs are in for Hooper then it''s all over anyway.

[/quote]

If we get Hooper and Graham in then couldn''t care less if he went. Still haven''t forgiven him for handing in that transfer request. Doesn''t care about the fans just like Lambert didn''t

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]If Liverpool, QPR and now Spurs are interested than why are we still discussing this? We know what comes next.[/quote]

Because if is the operative word.

OTBC

McNally just tweeted - none of our senior players for sale or for swap.  TF for that.

As Dicky said:

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/norwich-city/transfer-talk/news/norwich-deny-holt-swap-talk_65473.html

[quote user="Manchester Canary"]If we get Hooper and Graham in then couldn''t care less if he went. Still haven''t forgiven him for handing in that transfer request. Doesn''t care about the fans just like Lambert didn''t[/quote]

Agreed, more than happy if he goes. To many people hanging on to previous seasons