Sign in to follow this  
Beefy is a legend

3 Home games in next 4...

Spurs, Fulham and Everton come to FCR with just a trip to QPR in between.

This is a decent opportunity to get back on track. Even Spurs have an away record including 4 defeats which suggests they are vulnerable and I think we can get a point. A point at QPR, win v Fulham and then a draw v Everton looks possible. We may lose 1 or 2 of those games but say we get 5 points from those 4, that would take us to 31 from 27 games and realistically 2 wins and 1 or 2 draws from safety, still with Reading, Soton, Swansea, Villa and Albion to play at home and Wigan and Sunderland away.

Surely we''ll get to the magic 40!

On another topic, the myth of our TV jinx has been well and truly disbanded. 5 games on telly, 3 wins and 2 draws...we do seem a bit down on fixtures on the box though, only 2 more currently in the pipeline. Aren''t we guaranteed 9 or 10 games?

Thank goodness, a post about football.

I agree that we have an opportunity to get back on track.   Some of the hardest fixtures out of the way with a depleted squad - we can look forward with a positive attitude - regardless of who we sign or don''t sign this month.    Hughton is a manager who relies heavily on a consistent approach and whether we win or lose a match we will always come back with the right attitude.   Liverpool is in the past and we have a cup game to look forward to and four league games where we can return to the balanced football Hughton favours.    And I don''t mean defensive football.   The midfield and attack need to improve too.     Some people still think Hughton is a defensive manager - however, its actually the midfield that need to perform better to take the pressure off the defence.    If Snodgrass Pilkington and Hoolahan do their jobs well we will score more.    Some crosses for Holt would be nice.............

I reckon we''ll win all four...

But then I also said we''d beat Liverpool (and pretty much every team this season) 5-0.

To be honest, it''ll be VERY disappointing if we don''t win one of those games at least, even if we drew all four, after six without a win and only one draw we need a win in the next two games I think. I honestly think we can beat Spurs. Like Liverpool do well against us, we seem to have the better of Spurs. Bar that boxing day game when we didn''t really turn up (but still only lost 2-0...) we''ve done well against Spurs. Away this season I thought we should have won, they needed a long range striker from Dembele to get the lead, and we were denied a stone wall penalty.

QPR, the same, we just seem to have the better of them. Home this season, disappointing, but we were the better side, should have won.

I think we''re looking at 6-8 points. We''ll beat QPR and either Spurs or Fulham, and then draw one or both of the remaining two games. Wouldn''t be at all shocked to see us go on another unbeaten run, albeit not as long as the previous one. I think we can probably expect this kind of thing under Hughton, poor spell followed by good spell. Under Lambert seemed to be a bit more spread, although I suppose if you do look at the results there were obvious good and bad spells.

Can see us picking up a few points from these games if we''re on form. Everton will be a tough one though, will probably be our stumbling block in that run of fixtures if anything. Looking forward to these fixtures though, will be nice to have a bit of weight off Norwich''s shoulders!

100% return from those.  Job done - can party rest of the season.  You''ll all be talking of Europe again by the end of February.  OTBC

At this point in time we are not playing well we have not performed we''ll in the last 5 games spurs are playing well right now so are Everton also looks like Qpr maybe on a little run right now they have not lost in jan no game will be easy from now until the end of the season so yes we need to pick up points from the so called lower teams but they are also fighting for survival it''s going to be tough but with a little luck and maybe some good transfer news we will survive OTBC

I think we are due a result and I like our chances against Spurs who are due a loss. We always seem to do alright against them to be fair

Fulham at home is a game we should be aiming to win, they are so poor away from home. However they seem to be a bogey team for us.

Everton we only seem to draw against, and to be honest I''d take a point against them anyday, they are a quality side.

I believe the next 2 away games are QPR and Wigan, I hope we can win one of them, but I think a point in those games suits us a heck of a lot more than it does them.

Hopefully a turnaround in form ala earlier in the season is on the cards! A little 4 game unbeaten streak, something along those lines is what we need just to pull away a little more