Sign in to follow this  
Jakesacanary

Danny Graham latest !!!!.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Who would have thought it..

Newcastle shopping in the bargain basement with little ol'' Norwich....

[/quote]

But Nyucastle are massive like!?[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="York Canary"]Er Dean Ashton.

[/quote]

Someone like that would do wouldn''t it? At least to fill in until these other targets can be signed....

[/quote]

If we had Ashton now, the same player as we signed back then, we''d be home and hosed for another season of Premiership football.

I wonder if these Murphy twins would liven things up?  At 3/4 nil down against Liverpool, had they of been on the bench it would have been an ideal time to try them.

That is true, Stig, but on the other hand until the club has all its bids rejected and the curtains are drawn on the transfer window, you can''t say that they or somebody equally useful definitely isn''t coming. (too many negatives in that sentence. That''s what comes of trying to be positive!)

Oh no doubt A47, I believe we will sign someone (if we don''t I can''t imagine what hell will break loose from this place :| ) but if that someone happens to be CMS, I think the same level of hell will break loose. We expect more from our club now, and when that ambition isn''t reciprocated by the club (especially on the pitch) I can''t help but be negative. Football is a funny game, it''s all relative... I''d be equally unhappy if we were doing the same as we are doing now in the Championship or League 1. I.E. Floundering about with transfers, formations, performances etc. etc.

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]Oh no doubt A47, I believe we will sign someone (if we don''t I can''t imagine what hell will break loose from this place :| ) but if that someone happens to be CMS, I think the same level of hell will break loose. We expect more from our club now, and when that ambition isn''t reciprocated by the club (especially on the pitch) I can''t help but be negative. Football is a funny game, it''s all relative... I''d be equally unhappy if we were doing the same as we are doing now in the Championship or League 1. I.E. Floundering about with transfers, formations, performances etc. etc.[/quote]

So bidding £5m each for Graham and Hooper isn''t matching your ambition? What do you want Messi and Ronaldo?

That IS matching mine and many others ambition, but since the "leaks" there has been little to no mention which makes me think this is less likely. Not only that though, I doubt we ever expected to get a yes from either of them let alone both and if we did get lucky and get a bid accepted we''d only be able to accept the one of them not both. I say this because as I''ve already said somewhere, when have Norwich EVER been this public about what bids they have and have not made. The club will actually echo our ambition when those players are wearing yellow and green though, and not a moment before.

Let me put it this way; tomorrow I''m going to contact Celtic and make my own bid of £6mil for a club I am starting tomorrow. Hopefully they will accept. I think a bid like that shows real ambition for my new club....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]Oh no doubt A47, I believe we will sign someone (if we don''t I can''t imagine what hell will break loose from this place :| ) but if that someone happens to be CMS, I think the same level of hell will break loose. We expect more from our club now, and when that ambition isn''t reciprocated by the club (especially on the pitch) I can''t help but be negative. Football is a funny game, it''s all relative... I''d be equally unhappy if we were doing the same as we are doing now in the Championship or League 1. I.E. Floundering about with transfers, formations, performances etc. etc.[/quote]

So bidding £5m each for Graham and Hooper isn''t matching your ambition? What do you want Messi and Ronaldo?

[/quote] AND VIDIC. if we don''t sign these 3 at least the club is showing total lack of ambition.

We should remortgage the club to get these deals done!!!!!

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]That IS matching mine and many others ambition, but since the "leaks" there has been little to no mention which makes me think this is less likely. Not only that though, I doubt we ever expected to get a yes from either of them let alone both and if we did get lucky and get a bid accepted we''d only be able to accept the one of them not both. I say this because as I''ve already said somewhere, when have Norwich EVER been this public about what bids they have and have not made. The club will actually echo our ambition when those players are wearing yellow and green though, and not a moment before. Let me put it this way; tomorrow I''m going to contact Celtic and make my own bid of £6mil for a club I am starting tomorrow. Hopefully they will accept. I think a bid like that shows real ambition for my new club....[/quote]

So bids that the club didn''t make public (both were leaked by someone else) weren''t serious? They were made for effect as we had no intention of signing either player, despite the fact that the club did everything possible to keep them secret? I can only conclude that you are:

a. An idiot

b. An Ipswich fan trolling

c On a massive intake of LSD

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Resident Canary Stig"]That IS matching mine and many others ambition, but since the "leaks" there has been little to no mention which makes me think this is less likely. Not only that though, I doubt we ever expected to get a yes from either of them let alone both and if we did get lucky and get a bid accepted we''d only be able to accept the one of them not both. I say this because as I''ve already said somewhere, when have Norwich EVER been this public about what bids they have and have not made. The club will actually echo our ambition when those players are wearing yellow and green though, and not a moment before. Let me put it this way; tomorrow I''m going to contact Celtic and make my own bid of £6mil for a club I am starting tomorrow. Hopefully they will accept. I think a bid like that shows real ambition for my new club....[/quote]

So bids that the club didn''t make public (both were leaked by someone else) weren''t serious? They were made for effect as we had no intention of signing either player, despite the fact that the club did everything possible to keep them secret? I can only conclude that you are:

a. An idiot

b. An Ipswich fan trolling

c On a massive intake of LSD

[/quote]

I''m going with:

a. An idiot

No no, I''ve been off LSD for a couple of weeks now...

Wiz is the only one suggesting that the bids were fake.

I''m saying that only one bid would realistically be afforded come the end of January. £5mil + whatever else comes with the players would see it probably well over the £10mil mark and that is without taking into account that £5mil will probably not afford either of them. So the bid would be put up meaning only one of them can go through anyways.

Oh yeah, I don''t deny that. I''m just hesitant to think that Norwich actually have £10mil in January of all months. We spent a lot in the summer as well. If we DO have £10mil then HURRAH! I just can''t work out where and when we got that kind of money.

[quote user="Stig"]Oh yeah, I don''t deny that. I''m just hesitant to think that Norwich actually have £10mil in January of all months. We spent a lot in the summer as well. If we DO have £10mil then HURRAH! I just can''t work out where and when we got that kind of money.[/quote]

You mean to say you don''t have access to the Club''s Bank account statements. You do surprise me.

Oh don''t be so damn argumentative, you know what I mean. When have Norwich ever been so plush midway through a season, the word never springs to mind.

[quote user="Stig"]Oh yeah, I don''t deny that. I''m just hesitant to think that Norwich actually have £10mil in January of all months. We spent a lot in the summer as well. If we DO have £10mil then HURRAH! I just can''t work out where and when we got that kind of money.[/quote]

At the start of the window, the Times reviewed all Prem teams needs and budget. It estimated ours at£10m. This surprised me at the time but here we are.

Patience boys and girls and we will see what we see when all shakes out. In the interim, as it relates to those of you with tongues hanging out desperately hoping Graham comes to Norwich, a sobering thought for you. I would think the desire for a move is more driven by Graham than Swansea, probably because he knows that for the formation that Swansea will use most of the time it will be Michu''s name on the sheet rather than his. That being the case, what do you feel his attitude would be if he came here and then found out he wasn''t always the first choice in the line-up? If that then became a problem and he ultimately wanted away his value might decrease when circumstances start to play out repetitively.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Stig"]Oh yeah, I don''t deny that. I''m just hesitant to think that Norwich actually have £10mil in January of all months. We spent a lot in the summer as well. If we DO have £10mil then HURRAH! I just can''t work out where and when we got that kind of money.[/quote] At the start of the window, the Times reviewed all Prem teams needs and budget. It estimated ours at£10m. This surprised me at the time but here we are.[/quote]

£12M[;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Patience boys and girls and we will see what we see when all shakes out. In the interim, as it relates to those of you with tongues hanging out desperately hoping Graham comes to Norwich, a sobering thought for you. I would think the desire for a move is more driven by Graham than Swansea, probably because he knows that for the formation that Swansea will use most of the time it will be Michu''s name on the sheet rather than his. That being the case, what do you feel his attitude would be if he came here and then found out he wasn''t always the first choice in the line-up? If that then became a problem and he ultimately wanted away his value might decrease when circumstances start to play out repetitively.[/quote]

Most teams play one up front nowadays. Sunderland generally play Fletcher with Sessignon playing off him so he isn''t guaranteed to start every game there. In all honesty he would only be guaranteed a start at maybe Reading in this division? Maybe we are looking at going to 2 up top particularly if (by some massive miracle) we get both Hooper & Graham.

We never really intended getting Graham or Hooper imo, we bid low knowing neither would be accepted but it kept the fans quiet for the month.

IF, and its a ruddy big if, we sign anyone they''ll be a cheap ''no mark'' player who won''t improve us one little bit.

Wiz, you are speculating wildly. Do you really deep down believe the club would make idle bids just to calm the fans? U know you are frustrated but you are letting your emotions rule your head.

I can''t quite work out why Wiz created the Dr Jekyll sock puppet, it''s not as though it''s a good/bad personality split as they spout the same rubbish (Dr Jekyll was the ''good'' one anyway).

[quote user="Wiz"]

We never really intended getting Graham or Hooper imo, we bid low knowing neither would be accepted but it kept the fans quiet for the month.

IF, and its a ruddy big if, we sign anyone they''ll be a cheap ''no mark'' player who won''t improve us one little bit.

[/quote]

I wonder if you''ll do another apology by the end of the window? I reckon it will depend on what other people say as you just seem to jump on the bandwagon. embarrasing