Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Not Surprised

Not surprised, it already appears that our dealings in the transfer market are resorting to a goalkeeper who has been released by a championship side and a reported bid for a striker that has scored 11 goals in the MLS wow.

But why am I surprised! What''s different to any other transfer window.

What''s unfair?

We are supposedly nearly debt free, and still cannot compete for players signatures after two seasons in the premier league and a pot of gold at the end of the season.

Just remind me why you think it''s unfair, Swansea came up with us with a similar structure to Norwich and in the same period are now streets ahead of us.

[quote user="Aveit"]

What''s unfair? We are supposedly nearly debt free, and still cannot compete for players signatures after two seasons in the premier league and a pot of gold at the end of the season. Just remind me why you think it''s unfair, Swansea came up with us with a similar structure to Norwich and in the same period are now streets ahead of us.

[/quote]

Swansea''s situation is completely different to ours, the only similarity is that we came up together. Firstly, our Premier League squad was quickly assembled on the back of double promotion, Swansea had years of building theirs in the Championship under Martinez and Rodgers. Secondly, Swansea didn''t have to pay back £16m of debt over 2 years out of their budget, we did. Thirdly, we didn''t sell any of our first team squad in the summer, Swansea sold Joe Allen for £15m. It''s hardly surprising that they can out spend us at the moment is it.

Have to agree to be honest. Although cant see why people knocking a freebie gk signing until end of season to provide competition with Bunn ntil Ruddy back.

But yes wemshould be able to compete with Swansea and has always baffled me why we can''t!!

Have to agree to be honest. Although cant see why people knocking a freebie gk signing until end of season to provide competition with Bunn ntil Ruddy back.

But yes we should be able to compete with Swansea and has always baffled me why we can''t!!

[quote user="Mervmeister"]

But yes wemshould be able to compete with Swansea and has always baffled me why we can''t!!

[/quote]

Read the post above yours and be baffled no more!

Merv, did you not read what Brownstone just said? Those are the perfect, solid reasons Swansea have pushed on a little further than us. But who would want to be Swansea? We beat them 4-3, so they can''t be doing that much better than us?

It''s a good response regarding Swansea, my point was that a club of a similar stature to us is able to sign players of a better standing than us, but then most of the other PL teams are also. One day

Norwich City 23 6 8 9 24 39 -15 26
14 (14) Fulham 23 6 7 10 33 40 -7 25
15 (15) Southampton 23 5 8 10 30 40 -10 23
16 (16) Newcastle United 23 5 6 12 28 41 -13 21
17 (17) Aston Villa 23 4 8 11 19 44 -25 20
18 (18) Reading 23 4 7 12 28 43 -15 19
19 (19) Wigan Athletic 23 5 4 14 25 43 -18 19
20 Queens Park Rangers
Fulham - More years in the prem, more money etc. etc.
Southampton - Richer owners and investors
Newcastle - Have Europe, been in the prem longer, richer owners etc etc
Aston Villa - Richer owners, longer in the prem
Reading - Can''t attract quality signings, not in a good position
Wigan - Years in the prem
QPR - Very rich
Does that help you?

My point is more also..... The calibre of players they always linked with compared to the ones we are.

Hernandez, vorm, michu, de guzman etc wouldnt ever be linked to us let alone complete a move to us. Instead we Are constantly linked to cms etc who are similar price range.

[quote user="Aveit"]It''s a good response regarding Swansea, my point was that a club of a similar stature to us is able to sign players of a better standing than us, but then most of the other PL teams are also. One day[/quote]

Our budget this season and last was hamstrung by the debt repayments, no one likes it but unfortunately it is what it is, we have no choice in it. If we don''t get Hooper or Graham it won''t be for a lack of trying or a lack of ambition, I have no doubt that they are doing absolutely everything they possibly can to make these deals happen.

If you dont like discussion etc then a forum really isnt the place for you.

[/quote]

If you don''t like serial moaners then this forum really isn''t the place for you.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

If you dont like discussion etc then a forum really isnt the place for you.

[/quote]

If you don''t like serial moaners then this forum really isn''t the place for you.

[/quote]

Who is being a serial moaner though? Serial would mean that someone here is constantly doing so..... I for one have been posting positive comments and backing lee camp signing etc.

Its all banter at the end of the day.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]My point is more also..... The calibre of players they always linked with compared to the ones we are.

Hernandez, vorm, michu, de guzman etc wouldnt ever be linked to us let alone complete a move to us. Instead we Are constantly linked to cms etc who are similar price range.[/quote]
Come off it, no one knew how good Michu would be - he was an obscurity. If we were linked with him for £2mil in the summer we''d all have sat here and questioned the signing. Know how I know? Because we''re doing it right now. "SPL this and MLS that" but if it''s Ligue 1 or La Liga SIGN THEM UP!!!!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Aveit"]

What''s unfair? We are supposedly nearly debt free, and still cannot compete for players signatures after two seasons in the premier league and a pot of gold at the end of the season. Just remind me why you think it''s unfair, Swansea came up with us with a similar structure to Norwich and in the same period are now streets ahead of us.

[/quote]

Swansea''s situation is completely different to ours, the only similarity is that we came up together. Firstly, our Premier League squad was quickly assembled on the back of double promotion, Swansea had years of building theirs in the Championship under Martinez and Rodgers. Secondly, Swansea didn''t have to pay back £16m of debt over 2 years out of their budget, we did. Thirdly, we didn''t sell any of our first team squad in the summer, Swansea sold Joe Allen for £15m. It''s hardly surprising that they can out spend us at the moment is it.

[/quote]You forgot to mention that when Swansea''s old stadium broke they were handed a shiny brand new one on a peppercorn rent by their local Council . They pay pennies at worst for many things we pay pounds for.

Good post Stig...

Funny how things turn around couple of years ago, everyone was telling us how Messi would be too small for EPL, and all the la liga players all too lightweight... Forgetting that usually Spainish/Argy defenders that exist in that league, will kick lumps of you.

Guess no1 looked at Zola/Juninho and how well that worked, until the Aguero''s, Mata''s, Silva''s, Hazard''s all started turning up, and being too skillful for this league.

Now adays, your a bad manager if you sign anyone who isn''t from la liga or ligue 1.

I have no problems signing players from the SPL, and history probably dictates there has been more success stories than failures, and even if it''s slightly negative, I would imagine success rate greater % than championship or Continental footballers.

[quote user="Aveit"]But why am I surprised! What''s different to any other transfer window.[/quote]Must have dreamt the 15 permanent signings we''ve made in the previous three transfer windows then.