Sign in to follow this  
The Norfolk Cashew

From reading your posts, do you actually read what you have written before you press the button?

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"]

You''re pulling a third party out of your buttocks Nigel, forget the third party offering less/more whatever. We''re talking about Norwich here. Not Celtic or Spurs or any other club. Norwich. I''m talking about our business in the transfer window and how other teams will now view us. But to humour you, if Celtic reject our bid then that is the end of it until a bid they want to accept is made. Seeing as they want to keep Hooper til the summer, I doubt it will progress past that. So that is where Celtic and Hooper are left. Okay?

[/quote]

OK Stig. No third party just Norwich. So we offer 5m for Hooper and Celtic say no. So we walk away and Celtic get nothing and Hooper stays. That''s fine. But how does that help Celtic and their quest to sell Hooper? Or how does that help Hooper and his quest to leave Celtic?

And if you really want to debate in an insulting manner you''ve certainly picked on the right person. Your call...

[/quote]

In an insulting manner, dude... you''ve got me all wrong. Celtic don''t want to sell Hooper, they''ve said as much. There is no quest for them to sell him. Therefore it makes sense for them to say no. Hooper, well he''ll just have to sit out the rest of his contract or buy himself out of it. That being said it would make sense for them to sell this window for more money, but from their language so far... they don''t seem to understand that.

P.S. There really is no reason to get uppity, to me you''re just another forum poster. I''m just trying to convey what I''m saying in the shortest and most concise manner I can. [:)]

[/quote]

So if Celtic don''t want to sell Hooper then why don''t they say so? "Hooper''s not for sale" would be sufficient

Yes I''m just another poster and you''re just a 2bit thick little twunt who talks out of his backside.

Game on.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"]

You''re pulling a third party out of your buttocks Nigel, forget the third party offering less/more whatever. We''re talking about Norwich here. Not Celtic or Spurs or any other club. Norwich. I''m talking about our business in the transfer window and how other teams will now view us. But to humour you, if Celtic reject our bid then that is the end of it until a bid they want to accept is made. Seeing as they want to keep Hooper til the summer, I doubt it will progress past that. So that is where Celtic and Hooper are left. Okay?

[/quote]

OK Stig. No third party just Norwich. So we offer 5m for Hooper and Celtic say no. So we walk away and Celtic get nothing and Hooper stays. That''s fine. But how does that help Celtic and their quest to sell Hooper? Or how does that help Hooper and his quest to leave Celtic?

And if you really want to debate in an insulting manner you''ve certainly picked on the right person. Your call...

[/quote]

In an insulting manner, dude... you''ve got me all wrong. Celtic don''t want to sell Hooper, they''ve said as much. There is no quest for them to sell him. Therefore it makes sense for them to say no. Hooper, well he''ll just have to sit out the rest of his contract or buy himself out of it. That being said it would make sense for them to sell this window for more money, but from their language so far... they don''t seem to understand that.

P.S. There really is no reason to get uppity, to me you''re just another forum poster. I''m just trying to convey what I''m saying in the shortest and most concise manner I can. [:)]

[/quote]

So if Celtic don''t want to sell Hooper then why don''t they say so? "Hooper''s not for sale" would be sufficient

Yes I''m just another poster and you''re just a 2bit thick little twunt who talks out of his backside.

Game on.

[/quote]
[:(] ...
Celtic have said they don''t want to sell him. You''re not as nice a poster as I thought you were. No trouble, I won''t lose sleep over you.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Game on.

[/quote]

Celtic have said they don''t want to sell him. You''re not as nice a poster as I thought you were. No trouble, I won''t lose sleep over you.

[/quote]

So what have Celtic said Stig. Is it that we haven''t offered enough or that Hooper isn''t for sale. Remember when West Ham were reported to have offered 3m for Holt? Did McNally say it wasn''t enough or did he say he''s not for sale?

No, you got that right. I''m not nice.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Game on.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what have Celtic said Stig. Is it that we haven''t offered enough or that Hooper isn''t for sale. Remember when West Ham were reported to have offered 3m for Holt? Did McNally say it wasn''t enough or did he say he''s not for sale?

No, you got that right. I''m not nice.

[/quote]
They''ve said both, actually. Straight from Lennon''s mouth. 
What is it I did to upset you out of interest? You''ve never been this hostile before.

As I see it, the situation is both simple - & complex!

The simple part is that Celtic will sell - at a price.

Likewise we will buy - at a price.

The complex, part for both parties, is determining the risks involved.

It is basically an auction situation, of which I have a lot of experience. And I would say that the level of funds available to me does not influence my decision whether to buy or not, & no amount of pressure from the auctioneer is going to make me change my mind.

So the extent of our funding is pretty well irrelevant (for any given player), whether known or not.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Stig"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Game on.

[/quote]Blimey [:|]Celtic don''t want to - and don''t need to - sell. But obviously every player has his price so there''s always potential for sale (i.e. if Man City offered us ten million for Holt).If Hooper doesn''t come to Norwich then he still has the solace of playing against The Old Lady and winning a couple of medals then looking at his options over the summer

Celtic will sell at a price Ron. And I see it much the same as you. But we shouldn''t underplay the state of Scottish football and the effect the Rangers situation has had on Celtic''s income. Celtic will sell at a price but what will be interesting is to see if that price drops towards the end of the window. If there is any financial pressure at their end that''s when it will tell. However, if we wait that long we must be confident the player will come.

And Stig... I like it on here but I''m not nice and am more than happy to play at any level you choose. As I said it''s your call...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Celtic will sell at a price Ron. And I see it much the same as you. But we shouldn''t underplay the state of Scottish football and the effect the Rangers situation has had on Celtic''s income. Celtic will sell at a price but what will be interesting is to see if that price drops towards the end of the window. If there is any financial pressure at their end that''s when it will tell. However, if we wait that long we must be confident the player will come.

And Stig... I like it on here but I''m not nice and am more than happy to play at any level you choose. As I said it''s your call...

[/quote]
I''m glad we have an understanding of each other. [:D]
That''s a bit of a dangerous game to play, he could literally slip through our fingers at the last second if that is how Norwich are approaching the deal. If it works out that way, I''ll applaud the board for their mettle.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I''m glad we have an understanding of each other. [:D]

That''s a bit of a dangerous game to play, he could literally slip through our fingers at the last second if that is how Norwich are approaching the deal. If it works out that way, I''ll applaud the board for their mettle.

[/quote]

All transfers are a gamble Stig. If Hooper is first choice and we''re still in the hunt would it be ambitious to walk away now? It would be prudent however to have a couple more irons in the fire. That''s how it works when you''re fishing in the big pools. And that''s why there''s so much action at the end of the window. There could be other clubs with targets that are dependent on our deals going through.

Stig wrote:

That''s a bit of a dangerous game to play ...

In your assessment. I would say assessing the relative danger of our situation is a complex one, & one McNally & co. have a much better appreciation of than any of us. So I''ll go with their valuation - as opposed to yours, or anyone else''s come to that.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Stig wrote:

That''s a bit of a dangerous game to play ...

In your assessment. I would say assessing the relative danger of our situation is a complex one, & one McNally & co. have a much better appreciation of than any of us. So I''ll go with their valuation - as opposed to yours, or anyone else''s come to that.[/quote]
Good decision, I''d probably do that as well. Makes a lot of sense. What with them having a better understanding and all, fully understandable. Completely agreeable. Wouldn''t dream otherwise.