Sign in to follow this  
judderman

Jamie Mackie

I''m sure this will annoy a few people regarding ambition, but I quite rate Mackie. I think he brings a lot to the teams he pays in, and would score a few goals when not surrounded by the muppets at QPR

I can''t link posting from my phone, but its on daily mail

I think he works hard and hassles defenders, but I don''t see him as a regular goalscorer.  We need someone who will get us 15 a season, and then 2 players to get around 8-10 each season.  Mackie could probably get 8-10, but I don''t see where he''d fit into the 4-5-1, as I wouldn''t expect him to play up top on his own...  Reasonable squad player, and better than Kane and Jackson.  Morro is a different type of player, do its difficult to compare Mackie and Moro.

".......... its difficult to compare Mackie and Moro."

It''s difficult to compare Moro with Moro.

I''d rather have Mackie than any of our three back-ups.

Regarding Morison. If he doesn''t come out of this current injury with all guns blazing, then I would want to see the fragile relationship between him and NCFC terminated in the summer.

Morison, as was, anyday. Morison, as is. Mackie please.

I rate mackie highly. And I think hughton wamts to go two up front but doesnt Trust the partnership of our current strikers.

The thought of a Holt mackie or even a mackie Jackson front 2 is quite exciting

Doesn''t excite me. I would rate him as only marginally better than our existing back-up forwards.

Need to splash the cash on 1 decent signing rather than settling for 3rd or 4th choice probable bench warmers.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Doesn''t excite me. I would rate him as only marginally better than our existing back-up forwards.

Need to splash the cash on 1 decent signing rather than settling for 3rd or 4th choice probable bench warmers.

[/quote]

Exactlt.  None of us know if Hughton wants to play 2 up top, but based on what he''s done for the first half of the season, its unlikely.  So if we were to sign Mackie, would he replace Holt?  No, not in my opinion, and I don''t really see him playing as a winger or in the ''hole''.  So if he''s not good enougj to get in the first 11, not much point in going for him, especially not at £3mil or so...

And no, a Jackson/Mackie partnership doesn''t excite me in the slightest...

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]

Exactlt.  None of us know if Hughton wants to play 2 up top, but based on what he''s done for the first half of the season, its unlikely.  So if we were to sign Mackie, would he replace Holt?  No, not in my opinion, and I don''t really see him playing as a winger or in the ''hole''.  So if he''s not good enougj to get in the first 11, not much point in going for him, especially not at £3mil or so...

And no, a Jackson/Mackie partnership doesn''t excite me in the slightest...

[/quote] actually based on that hughton wants two strikers this window. AND on our run of form. Most suspect that he would want to change things up and go with two up front.