Sign in to follow this  
havemyhowsonit

What is it about QPR??

Loic Remy turning down newcastle to join QPR??? Why?!

Can''t see why anyone would want to join a team like that.

I can see them doing a Portsmouth very soon. Good riddance to them!

It''s got to be down to one thing money. Q.P.R probably offered him a lot more then Newcastle did even though they could be relegated be funny seeing remy in the championship.

Question.

Why work for a fairly stable employer on decent wages, when you can work for a crap, desperate employer who will pay over-inflated wages?

Probably has get out clause in his contract if QPR get relegated so can pick up another massive signing on fee in three months when he moves on again

I would indeed imagine he''s gone there on a massive payload and with a relegation release clause.

I truly, truly hope they go down just to show other teams it''s not about spending a tonne of money.

Sorry.

The hypocrisy on this thread is as laughable as it is repellant. We have thread after thread on this board calling on the club to bring in players; principally a striker, to avoid the alleged risk of relegation. City fans keep arguing that we must ensure Premiership survival. That''s fair enough. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

But, how and why criticise another club with far more risk of going down than us for doing exactly what we would have to do in their position? It makes no sense

QPR have got the money so it''s no Portsmouth. Harry is only doing what he has to do in his situation. If it were us and Hughton was not buying big there would be torches and pitchforks outside the City Stand

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Unfortunately, an illustration of how QPR under Harry will manage to buy themselves out of trouble and assure their PL status[/quote]LOL You honestly believe this?Good old Harry ay. Remind us again what his managerial achievements are please?QPR owned by mentalists run by mentalists.

Newcastle will probably snap him up nothing at the start of next season when he gets relegated, like they did with Demba Ba.

Of all the clubs in the prem. why go to the worst team in the league (table doesn''t lie). Awful ground, players with huge egos only interested in money not football, in Remys case, leave his home nation in a champions league position for a club that will be playing championship football next season barring a miracle.

Don''t make sense to me.

[quote user="alartz"]Of all the clubs in the prem. why go to the worst team in the league (table doesn''t lie). Awful ground, players with huge egos only interested in money not football, in Remys case, leave his home nation in a champions league position for a club that will be playing championship football next season barring a miracle.

Don''t make sense to me.[/quote]Two days ago it was widely reported that Remy was amongst a host of players who had snubbed an approach from QPR.Fast forward to today, it has been reported that QPR have doubled their offer to 80 grand a week.Which part exactly isn''t making sense? [:)]

Is Remy even that good?  I don''t know anything about him to be honest.  I know Spurs and Chelsea were supposed to be intrested in the summer, why haven''t they come back in for him now?  Or Liverpool perhaps?  They needed firepower.  Its a little strange that 2 clubs in the lower half of the league are fighting for his signature.

Looks like he''s only scored 2 goals in 12 this season, ended with 20 in 42 last season, so not bad.  Wiki shows him to be fairly consistent.

I think its another massive gamble by QPR.  Though it is clear they need a striker. 

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="alartz"]Of all the clubs in the prem. why go to the worst team in the league (table doesn''t lie). Awful ground, players with huge egos only interested in money not football, in Remys case, leave his home nation in a champions league position for a club that will be playing championship football next season barring a miracle.

Don''t make sense to me.[/quote]Two days ago it was widely reported that Remy was amongst a host of players who had snubbed an approach from QPR.Fast forward to today, it has been reported that QPR have doubled their offer to 80 grand a week.Which part exactly isn''t making sense? [:)]

[/quote]

I think I get the point exactly. As Zak says, what''s the problem? Would you not work for a potentially dodgy employer if the pay was fabulous and you could move on if it didn''t work out?

I would and so would the overwhelming majority of people. Criticising Remy is hypocritical again

Players have short careers. The economically rational decision is to sign for the club that maximises their income.

Equally, as QPR have financial resources they have the option to purchase their choice of players. Who can blame Harry or the owners for that? I still believe Harry will keep QPR up.

Our predicament is that teams around us have owners able to spend money to keep their teams in the league. It is our club''s ownership structure that will ultimately cost us our PL position. But, at least, we should have a team to watch in the championship.

Highland Binner fails to see that there are Clubs below us in the table (last season as well as this) that have spent considerably more than us on players.

Remy has a get out clause if QPR go down. So lets hope that a) he is enjoying himself there as if he isn''t come April they don''t need to win their last few games et al our johnny foreigners (and Damien Francis) in 2005, as we all know they were personally better off when we went down.

Of course Joanna.

Ever since they came up with us, my view has been that QPR have a lot of players, some of them good but they do not have a team. We have a team. Much as I hate their football, Stoke have a team. Villa do not.

Harry is not a great team builder nor a great tactician. He will bring loads of players in and he has a good eye. I think his reputation is overstated as he has saved good teams like Tottenham who were under performing. He has not improved poor teams.

I''m with Hog – QPR currently bring about a physical reaction in me, symptoms including rage. It took them a handful of managers under the richest club owners on Earth to escape the Championship, then they get rid of Colin and appoint an even more distasteful manager who signed endless ''names'' at the expense of tens of millions of quid and any hope of building a team. Then they survived on the last day of the season purely because teams around them couldn''t stick the knife in. Next up, despite the millions spent in the last window and during the summer, they plumb new Premier League depths (Derby excluded) and sit rooted to the bottom.

Then, just as it appeared there was no hope, just ahead of the transfer window, they manage to beat my next most loathed team, Chelsea, and give a wave of mercenaries enough reason to think QPR will make it.

No doubt in my mind, they will survive - the points gap isn''t that much, despite how appalling they''ve been. I want this model of endless spending (don''t like this goalkeeper after one game, get another!), fuelled by one person with plenty of cash but no class, to come to an end. It won''t do anytime soon but the more ''projects'' like this QPR fiasco fall flat on their face the better.

QPR need a striker and have gone for it - cant blame them or harry for that - whether Remy is good enough is another question and his money grabbing philosophy perhaps not most endearing but thats football. 

We just need to sign the right player for us!

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Sorry. The hypocrisy on this thread is as laughable as it is repellant. We have thread after thread on this board calling on the club to bring in players; principally a striker, to avoid the alleged risk of relegation. City fans keep arguing that we must ensure Premiership survival. That''s fair enough. I agree with that wholeheartedly. But, how and why criticise another club with far more risk of going down than us for doing exactly what we would have to do in their position? It makes no sense QPR have got the money so it''s no Portsmouth. Harry is only doing what he has to do in his situation. If it were us and Hughton was not buying big there would be torches and pitchforks outside the City Stand[/quote]

Post of the week!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]Sorry. The hypocrisy on this thread is as laughable as it is repellant. We have thread after thread on this board calling on the club to bring in players; principally a striker, to avoid the alleged risk of relegation. City fans keep arguing that we must ensure Premiership survival. That''s fair enough. I agree with that wholeheartedly. But, how and why criticise another club with far more risk of going down than us for doing exactly what we would have to do in their position? It makes no sense QPR have got the money so it''s no Portsmouth. Harry is only doing what he has to do in his situation. If it were us and Hughton was not buying big there would be torches and pitchforks outside the City Stand[/quote]

Post of the week!

[/quote]

Cambridge, the way I have interpreted this is about the player, not the Club. Remy apparently turned QPR (att approx 17K) down but (praise the Lord) has had a change of mind, and thinks they are a better option than a Newcastle (att approx 50K+) team, who, apart from key injuries, would be further up the table than they are (I know they were very poor on Sat). I know where I would prefer to play.

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Post of the week!

[/quote]

Cambridge, the way I have interpreted this is about the player, not the Club. Remy apparently turned QPR (att approx 17K) down but (praise the Lord) has had a change of mind, and thinks they are a better option than a Newcastle (att approx 50K+) team, who, apart from key injuries, would be further up the table than they are (I know they were very poor on Sat). I know where I would prefer to play.

[/quote]

I also replied to that point:

I think I get the point exactly. As Zak says, what''s the problem? Would you not work for a potentially dodgy employer if the pay was fabulous and you could move on if it didn''t work out?

I would and so would the overwhelming majority of people. Criticising Remy is hypocritical again

Very worrying times if you are a Villa supporter i would guess.If QPR get themselves out of relegation trouble i can see Villa being the biggest losers.