Sign in to follow this  
Lets be aving you!

Agbor Mulatarian

I know I''m just being a moody old git but I really don''t see the point of these countless threads recommending we take a look at some Azerbaijan footballer playing in the Eredivisie when all we can go on is some murky You Tube video posted by the player''s agent.

If one of us really feels sure about such a player, why not write to the club? It would save a lot of bother because I and most others on here do not have the faintest idea about some footballer in league 3 in France or the Outer Montgolian superleague.

Mackie, CMS or Hooper? Yup, we know who you mean. Agbor Mulatarian of the Belgian Combination (South)? Nope, not a clue.

God, I''m starting to sound like City1st.

Agree, far too many names being mentioned, just because they have scored a few this season, albeit in some ridiculous league, for some ridiculous club that most people haven''t heard of. 

This January, rumours have stooped to a new low. 

Don''t write Mulatarian off so fast "aving you".

My mate''s uncle works with a bloke who says he is just what we need to get the best out of Chrissy Martin.

The funny thing is that these are actually the places where many great players come from, the  Dzekos, Skrtels, Jaaskelainens, Skjolsjars to name a few. I personally like such threads, as it makes me investigate a bit the players -- and broaden my horizon. A few weeks ago, I mentioned the name of a Bundesliga topscorer striker called Adam Szalai, whom I''ve seen many times in the Hungary national team, and know to be a hot player, thinking at the time that for 5m he might be a realistic target (transfermarkt rates him at about 2.5m pounds). I got minimal response, probably because noone has ever heard of the guy. Fair enough. In the meantime it emerged that Arsenal was willing to fork out 12.5m for the guy ( http://www.theweek.co.uk/football/premier-league/51137/arsenal-transfer-david-villa-mohamed-diame-miss-out-adam-szalai ),  other big German clubs also being in the chase. The problem is not so much that you have not heard of them, but that our scouts haven''t either. Maybe they should read  this messageboard?

"The problem is not so much that you have not heard of them, but that our scouts haven''t either. Maybe they should read this messageboard?"

The closest most of us on here have got to scouting has been a woggle and making a reef knot. The one exception is our old friend Tom, who professes to have worked as a scout (when not formulating university leaseback schemes).

I suggest we cut out the middleman and get on the blower to McNally direct - he''s always making the point that we''re a cooperative.

"Agbor Mulatarian" in a Norfolk accent could be interesting, though.

"Agbor Mulatarian" in a Norfolk accent could be interesting, though."

I can''t even imagine how that would sound (I''ll ask my wife, she''s from Norfolk), but for three goats and a tractor he could be the biggest signing in green and yellow! Alternatively, how about Mustapha Dumbuya, another one that has gone? (  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21161570 )As for scouting, a fellow football dad (a dad of a kid in my son''s team) is managing director to a small village club in the middle of nowehere in Hungary. Their team -- punching well above their weight -- do rather well in the Hungarian second division. The chap just mentioned that they are in talks  with a League One club to sell them a player of theirs, who had been previously looked at by a Championship side. He would not name names, but the point is that English scouts are practically everywhere. Bearing that in mind, our catchment area, so to speak, seems to be somewhat limited to me.