Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Favourite number

Ok a light hearted one. Getting a little bored of seeing random transfer gossip so decided to start this thread.

What was/still is their fav footballing shirt number. When younger i used to always wear the Number 10 shirt. Probably due to Del Piero who i admired a great deal as a kid. Even though i played RM

I have now moved to my current number of 25 as it reflects my birthdate and my fav number. I now played CB with it.

Does any of the other forum have an unusual favourite or just favour the traditional 1-11?

14 has always been my favourite as it''s my birth date and my favourite players always seem to wear it.

It''s got to be 10.

As a boy, I remember all the top strikers seemed to wear it. Or perhaps the number itself conjures up getting 10/10 for a test at school or something, hence its appeal?

Number 10, ''cos that be the number of the best player the world has ever seen.
Pele.

Stig, Messi is better than Pele. Come on, lets have them play a 1vs1 see who wins.

Anyway, 37. My username on most forums/things I need a username for is Rodgers37. I just like 37.

I also quite like 4 now, anyone guess why? ;)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Stig, Messi is better than Pele. Come on, lets have them play a 1vs1 see who wins.

Anyway, 37. My username on most forums/things I need a username for is Rodgers37. I just like 37.

I also quite like 4 now, anyone guess why? ;)[/quote]
Dissapointed in you Ginge. [:''(][;)]

I was used to the old 1-11 system, so for me it was always No. 7, despite the fact I was left footed and played all along that wing (no. 7 traditionally was for right wingers!).  7 is my lucky number for what it''s worth rather than any allegiance to any player.

My son (8) has just started playing for a team and has selected 16, and you''ll laugh at this, because Chrissy Martin had it last season and because every other lad in the team wanted the No. 10 of Messi!

I always had 11 as a Left Winger

But 4 was my Favourite Number when it became a ''cool'' centre mid number - Makele, Veron, Vieria

Also like Bellers playing 8 at City

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Stig, Messi is better than Pele. Come on, lets have them play a 1vs1 see who wins.

[/quote]
Come on Stig, you know GP isn''t old enough to remember Pele.

I always liked wearing number 8....  I played up front but never felt really good enough to warrant the 9 or 10 shirt.

One old team mate was so obsessed with wearing number 7, he would take it home each week and wash it himself so he could keep it.

For me, while I like the squad number system well enough, I grew up with 1-11 and it will always be preferred.

Now, who gets what number, for me it''s (using 4-4-2)

1 GK

2 RB

3 LB

4 CB

5 CB

6 CM

7 RM

8 CM

9 CF

10 CF

11 LM

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Stig, Messi is better than Pele. Come on, lets have them play a 1vs1 see who wins.

[/quote]
Come on Stig, you know GP isn''t old enough to remember Pele.
[/quote]

I know who Pele is...

I''ve probably seen just as much of him as you oldies, how much Brazilian division football was shown on BBC1 in the 70s? ;)