Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Get Durham Off Talksport

I thought Alan Brazil was annoying on talksport but Adrian Durham is taking things to a new level. He is victimising Norwich constantly and our players with silly provoking jibes. Surely as a professional radio presenter he should not. E allowed to get away with cyber bullying our club and our fans on twitter.

I am thinking of contacting the senior execs at talksport as it was funny to start with but has gone too far.

Agree?

It''s his job to be controversial and wind people up. Contact the senior execs at talks port, and they''ll probably congratulate him on doing his job. Your radio has an "off" button if you don''t like what he says.

He talks like if he''s got a mouthful of Barry Fry''s walnuts....

Transistor Radio Troller is just doing his job......as well as being a total twonk...... 

[quote user="tele"]It''s his job to be controversial and wind people up. Contact the senior execs at talks port, and they''ll probably congratulate him on doing his job. Your radio has an "off" button if you don''t like what he says.[/quote]This.He says what he says to get a reaction.You are reacting.He is therefore winning.Treat him as the audio equivalent of a message board troll.  Ignore him, listen to something else.  Some music, maybe.I may be biased but I imagine the TalkSport audience is 99% men who drive white vans.

Perhaps you would be better off contacting the stations advertisers and tell them you will boycott their products because of the behaviour of a presenter they are sponsoring.

For goodness sake for the last year he has had

a daily slot called "the daily Arsenal" where he

basically rips Arsenal to shreds... And his treatment

of AVB has bordered on being liable! We are crap

at the moment do what really do we expect...

he is a poor quality shock jock - paid to be controversial and get a reaction.

Dont give him one.

TALKsports bombastic approach switches me off anyway

To be fair Hog he was saying all these things and that we are the worst Premier League club ever since the 1st game of the season and without any credit during the run or when we beat Man U and arsenal. I do understand why people dont like the guy and as pointed out...there is an off button.

[quote user="he likes paella "]I thought Alan Brazil was annoying on talksport but Adrian Durham is taking things to a new level. He is victimising Norwich constantly and our players with silly provoking jibes. Surely as a professional radio presenter he should not. E allowed to get away with cyber bullying our club and our fans on twitter. I am thinking of contacting the senior execs at talksport as it was funny to start with but has gone too far. Agree?[/quote]

If you whinge to the senior execs they will simply give him a pay rise and he will substitute the daily Arsenal with the daily canary and take the piss even more viciously and frequently.

He is only picking on Norwich because he''s discovered by accident that we have more than our fair share of over sensitive and thin skinned fans who are too easy to fluster and wind up.

They then either phone in (on the premium lines) or bitch about him on message boards or pubs raising his profile and number of listeners even more.

If you don''t like him DON''T TUNE IN!

They deepest cut to a radio host is a decline in listeners.

I''ve listened to Talksport alot in the last 10 years as I do alot of driving as part of my job. The station has improved considerably over the years and has moved away from the days when it really was ''shock jock'' radio 24/7. There''s some quality programming in there now, particularly Hawksbee & Jacobs and I also like Goldstein & Cundy and Ian Danter.

Unfortunately Adrian Durham is a throwback to the bad old days and I''ve never liked him much even well before this whole NCFC bashing phase, going back to his shows with Ian Wright. I listen to Talksport all day when I''m in the car usually, but come 4pm I put 5Live on as there''s a range of news content and not just 3 hours of ''let''s slate Club x or Player y'', which is what Durham does every day. I find it truly boring.

As for his NCFC rants, he''s enjoying this little period where we are struggling but it makes no difference. We''ll stand or fall on our own performances and if it creates a ''siege mentality'' of players and fans then all the better, though I expect most of the players don''t really know who he is.

I''m fully expecting results to improve through the run of games we have in Feb and March and getting 3 more wins is all that matters. With next year''s TV windfall, the days of competing on an equal footing with his beloved Peterborough will be long gone, if not already.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Never even listened to talk sport :D[/quote]

Nor me. I''ve read nothing on here to persuade me that I''m missing anything as I''ve never read anything good. I drive 4+ hours a day and find 5live has more than enough sport and sport discussion for any remotely normal person

If you''re a sports fan and have never listened to talkSport, then you''re missing out.

It''s a very good radio station - with the sole exception of the drive time slot when Durham is on it.

My first bit of advice to anyone about talksport is that it is ENTERTAINMENT radio. Therefore they wind people up to get callers - simple as that. The more aggravated the caller the more entertaining their listeners might find it.

I have boycotted talksport so far because of this. I see it IMHO, as being trashy radio. A bit like how the red top tabloids are in the newspaper world, they are into sensationalism to stir up reactions and nothing less. They make up their own rumours.

Not to mention the number of presenters who they have signed with less than ''professional'' history such as Collymore and the two ex sky presenters.

In all honesty the programme that Richard Keys and Andy Gray present is very professional and entertaining, as are those two.

Because they made a private remark that was overheard does not make them less ''professional''.

As for Durham ..... I have stopped listening to him and, if he actually believed all the idiotic comments he makes, I would actually feel sorry for the ignorant fool.

He is a wind-up merchant, simply that, trying to boost his own ego and reputation.

He should be ignored.

As Mr Chops said if you don''t like it, turn it off.    However, I have got fed up with the sychophantic presenters on 5Live and have the radio tuned to Talksport in the car.    At its best it is good for banter and sports related chat - at its worst it is Adrian Durham.   But don''t slag it off if you haven''t listened to it - I find that at least you get the feeling there are real people on the station and not just "celebrities" and the "in" crowd like you get on 5live.  

I''d recommend to anyone to listen to Hawksbee & Jacobs between 1-4pm weekdays. As well as being a balanced and well planned show which always has good guests, including Mick Dennis, there is some quality humour and they also talk sense on other sports such as cricket. Clips of the week at 3.30pm on a Friday avo is not to be missed and shows why Hawksbee is a major contributor to the Harry Hill''s TV Burp show.

No shock jock nonsense with them, just good radio.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]In all honesty the programme that Richard Keys and Andy Gray present is very professional and entertaining, as are those two.

Because they made a private remark that was overheard does not make them less ''professional''.

As for Durham ..... I have stopped listening to him and, if he actually believed all the idiotic comments he makes, I would actually feel sorry for the ignorant fool.

He is a wind-up merchant, simply that, trying to boost his own ego and reputation.

He should be ignored.[/quote]

That comment worries me. So it''s ok to be totally disrespectful and chauvinist in private?

I am pretty shocked that they were offered work so quickly after being dismissed by Sky. That to me reflects the quality of the radio station.

I''ve stopped listening completely because of that muppet , life is too short.

They do have number of decent presenters, I think Stan Collymore is an excellent even handed pundit much better than most.

Durham and co play good cop and bad cop just to get a reaction from the listeners. If he is so great at footbsll why does nt he go improve the posh!!

[quote user="he likes paella "]Most are missing my point I understand he can provoke reaction on his radio show however the constant tweets targeting fans especially is what gets my big yellow goat[/quote]I reckon he gives as good as he gets, and enjoys that too.He is a massive waste of oxygen.  Deprive him of some by walking on by and he''ll soon find another club to vilify.

More grist for the Adrian Durham mill.

Tweeting Canary out of order

Norwich City have had a shocking start to 2013 in the Premier League - as I predicted they would.

Grant Holt has scored just four goals this season, and was captain of the team humiliated at Liverpool on Saturday in front of a large section of travelling fans who had paid a lot of money and braved the elements to support their star striker and his team.

And yet, while they were heading back home on their difficult journey to East Anglia, Holt decided the best way to respond to a thrashing was to tweet updates from his night out in Manchester.

And people wonder why he’s never been seriously considered for England?!

Let’s not forget Holt was the man who asked for a transfer last summer, only opting to stay at Carrow Road after he was given a massive pay rise.

He’s allowed a night out, of course he is, but don’t tweet what a good time you’re having after contributing to a nightmare weekend for the fans who pay your inflated salary.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130121/spurs-are-embarrassing-norwich-deserve-better-holt-and-more-adrian-durha-189802

Wings of a Sparrow - Totally agree with your points, its about time some of them realised the cost and time of supporting the NCFC. After a shambolic performance they should at most just tweeted a sorry of some sorts and left it at that. Before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I''m not advocating that the players don''t go out but just keep it to themselves! I for one don''t have a problem with Durham having a pop at Holt.

quote user="Wings of a Sparrow" More grist for the Adrian Durham mill. Tweeting Canary out of order Norwich City have had a shocking start to 2013 in the Premier League - as I predicted they would. Grant Holt has scored just four goals this season, and was captain of the team humiliated at Liverpool on Saturday in front of a large section of travelling fans who had paid a lot of money and braved the elements to support their star striker and his team. And yet, while they were heading back home on their difficult journey to East Anglia, Holt decided the best way to respond to a thrashing was to tweet updates from his night out in Manchester. And people wonder why he’s never been seriously considered for England?! Let’s not forget Holt was the man who asked for a transfer last summer, only opting to stay at Carrow Road after he was given a massive pay rise. He’s allowed a night out, of course he is, but don’t tweet what a good time you’re having after contributing to a nightmare weekend for the fans who pay your inflated salary. http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/features/130121/spurs-are-embarrassing-norwich-deserve-better-holt-and-more-adrian-durha-189802[/quote]

Ok Adrian, answer me this:

1. You did in fact predict that NCFC were ''the worst team in PL history''. Since we already have 26pts, more than the Derby side that finished bottom, an apology please.

2. What has Holt''s tweet got to do with an England call? Did he get arrested or do anything untoward? Given the behaviour of Rooney, Terry, Ferdinand in the past I don''t think Roy Hodgson is going to be worried about Holty having a night out.

3. Please provide evidence of Holty''s ''massive pay rise''. Perhaps you''d care to provide proof of his pre and post-new contract earnings.

What a crock.

if you wanted to be a sports radio presenter but had zero talent the easy way to progress is to do a Durham. i realise that "doing a Durham" may be a good idea amongst the fans of clubs he slates.