Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Frazer Forster Hooper Comments

To me these are very significant as they come from a player who admits to having fond memories of Norwich

firstly he expects him to stay at Celtic until the end of the season as a result of the European games

secondly and of most significance apparantly Hooper has not asked hiat all about life at Norwich. If Hooper had been interested in the slightest of coming here then surely he would have quizzed a team mate as to what it was likehere.

To me sadley this indicated that we will not see Hooper her at least playing for Norwich

I think it is too easy to read significance into tiny things.

Are we going to have someone go through Hooper''s bins soon to see if they can find a reciept for Delia cookbook?

Norwich wouldn''t go through the effort of making bids if they hadn''t been tipped off that Hooper is interested in coming here.

Robert Snodgrass recently said that he didn''t talk to Johnson or Howson before joiniung City because he knew what he was getting into.  There is an unreasonable faith that players like and trust each other just because they play for the same team and that players discuss their business with each other.

Chris Martin said Wilbraham never asked him about Palace. I think there is a tendency for fans (me included) to assume that just because a player has a team mate (or ex team mate) in the know about a potential new club, they''ll automatically ask that person for advice. Ok i''m sure it does happen, it can probably be quite useful but i''ve seen/heard people before suggesting its key in transfers happening. Everyone loves Norwich so if a potential new player has a link to an old/current Norwich player they''re bound to come here...

By Frazier Forster saying in an interview that hooper had asked him about Norwich then he is telling the world that hooper is considering the move.

Even if the conversation had occurred I''m sure by coming out and admitting it would risk the wrath of Lennon for feeding the rumours.

I''d read nothing into this.