Sign in to follow this  
Kryten121

You know whats funny?

In Hughton we trust...

unless..

1) Unless he looks at a player from the MLS...

2) He looks at a player I don''t rate because you know I am a world class scout and know more than the setup at the club I support.

3) Makes a decision that I would never make in Football manager 20XX.

Stop being bloody arm chair managers, if the scouting system and Houghton are looking at a player, its because they think its worthwhile.

Yes it is a shame our A targets have fallen through but there is no reason why our B targets can''t be a revelation. Sit tight, shut up and enjoy the football.

[quote user="now youve gotta believe us"]I never appointed Hughton so I don''t need to, or actually trust him and further than I could throw him![/quote]Bet you did when we beat Arsenal and then Man United...

Who I wanted is irrelevant. We now play such a bland brand of football, it''s sometimes very difficult to even watch.

If its that bad dont go! there is after all a waiting list for tickets!

To be honest this will be my last season as a season ticket holder. Paying 40 pound a month to watch drivel like that Newcastle game. A home match where we have like one shot at goal???! Under Lambert we could score right up to the last kick. Under Hughton it''s the total opposite. As long as its 0-0 he''s more than content. He makes pretty much the same subs each week, they are generally like for like and done on the last 10 mins giving the player coming on literally no time to make any difference.

I enjoy the brand of football we play, ok we''ve had a few freak results but on a whole we''ve been much more defensively astute

I wanted hughton and he has done a good job, it''s worth remembering how fickle certain sections of supporters are

People have no patience these days.    Hughton had to hit the ground running at the beginning of the season - and despite the doubters he turned it around.     Understandable home defeats to MC and Chelsea - and a couple of poor away results - not to mention injuries - and the doubters come out again. 

At our best we have been excellent this season - we just need to get back to that form.  

What''s happened when we''ve not been at our best we''ve been hammered! What annoys me with Hughton is a, he''s too rigid in his tactics. He''s found this system that yes did bring us results. But now he won''t alter even when it''s not working. He never goes all out to win a game even when the opposition are there for the talking, he''s more concerned with not losing. But worst of all is his post match comments. McNally has always called for a step away from the "little old Norwich" but we''ll certainly never do that with Hughton in charge. Some of the stuff he comes out with, makes it sound like we''re lucky to even be on the same pitch as some of these teams let alone actually trying to beat them.

I actually fully agree with Jez on this.

I''ve said it before, and so have others, take out the games Bassong has missed and look at our record. It was going to be impossible to sign two CBs of his quality in the summer, but whenever Bassong plays, bar the Chelsea game in which he may not have been fit and they were just amazing, we look very good defensively. Potentially one of the best signings we''ve ever made.

Just said on another thread, six of Hughton''s signings look like great players. Only Kane, and i''ve now remembered Butterfield, haven''t really made a positive impact. Ok Bunn hasn''t been the best, but he''s stepped up and done a job. Personally, i''m happy whoever we sign, even CMS who I don''t want us to sign. The set up here is good, I am so very proud to support this club, and while i''m perfectly happy to question certain things, and happy for others to do so (i.e the club isn''t perfect, get over it) I am personally happy to accept whoever we sign.

[quote user="refjezdavies"]I enjoy the brand of football we play, [/quote]

WHAT!!!

Football is about winning the game, not trying to not lose a game. Take Villa in the cup. Hughton didn''t want to lose the game, Lambert wanted to win the game. Negative vs Positive.

I suppose you enjoyed the Newcastle match?

If you can''t understand tht Hughton is trying to do his best to get the results to keep the team in the league, and your support is conditional upon what ''brand'' of football the team plays, feel free to buy a ticket for a Club just down the A140, they love people like you....

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

WHAT!!!

Football is about winning the game, not trying to not lose a game. Take Villa in the cup. Hughton didn''t want to lose the game, Lambert wanted to win the game. Negative vs Positive.

[/quote]

"Negative vs Positive" - not only is this a very one-dimensional view of both teams'' tactics, you''re actually confusing homonymous meanings of those words.

"I suppose you enjoyed the Newcastle match" - http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman a logical fallacy and therefore meaningless.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

WHAT!!!

[/quote]

Lambert was hammered by the Villa fans on Tuesday for having 5 strikers on the pitch, showing he is tactically naïve (their words not mine).

I suppose it all depends on the result really. Wasn''t so bad when we beat Swansea 4-3 was it?!