Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

Who thinks

Who thinks we should give it one more shot to get hooper a bid of 7.5 mill is he worth it or not or should we set our attention somewhere else like Charlie Austin for instance just a ???????

And do you work for Burnley Banana? And know they he would cost £5 million? Do they need to sell? Does he want to leave? Rodriguez was sold for £7 million, why would a probably better striker go for less, in January?

Also, just a thought, but maybe Hooper is just better than him? Maybe Hughton, or his scouts, have watched both, or not even bothered with Austin, and decided Hooper is the man? Garrido, Whittaker, Bassong, Snodgrass, Tettey and even Bunn seem to have hit the mark. Kane is the only one who hasn''t lived up to expectation, but what was the expectation anyway? I''d say a success rate of 6 out of 7 is pretty good. So personally I trust the current set up to pick the right man/men.

Banana, I am confused by you though. You had an obsession with Rodriguez, who hasn''t exactly shone at Southampton. And now its Austin? You just desperate for us to sign a Burnley striker?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

£7.5m on Hooper, no thanks! Better of spending £5m on Austin and £2.5 on A.Nother.

[/quote]

More garbage.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Rodriguez was sold for £7 million, [/quote]

Normally home grown players who are the ''fans favourite'' seem to have a larger fee attached to them. Also he had a long contract so Southampton had to ''buy him out'' of his contract.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Also, just a thought, but maybe Hooper is just better than him? Maybe Hughton, or his scouts, have watched both, or not even bothered with Austin, and decided Hooper is the man?[/quote]

How can you say that? If you only tried 1 choc bar how do you know that is the best one, you dont? If Hoots and the gang haven''t watch Austin at least then its mad! Top scorer is the league below us!

Norwich need to get the right player who will fit in with the current players and also add something else, if they have decided Austin wont, then fair enough. If they have seen Hooper will but haven''t looked at other players from leagues below then the scouting system isn''t set up correctly.

I imagine they are at least aware of Austin. We''ve signed many players from the lower leagues, in fact they probably looked at Austin before Hooper. Also he''s not top scorer, Glenn Murray is.

I just don''t get why some people are so against Hooper, and so pro players we''re not linked to. There is probably a reason why we aren''t linked to those players, it could be price, could be they aren''t good enough, could be they won''t fit in, could be we haven''t looked at them.

But what we do know, is we have bid twice, possibly a third time, for Hooper. This is just how i''m reading the situation, to me that suggests he''s the main target, Graham may have been/still might be an equal main target, or a back up plan, but Hooper seems like the man the club want. And personally i''m delighted with that, seems like a very decent player, ok he only plays SPL, but Celtic have had a lot of very good players over the years, so him playing in SPL doesn''t really mean much when they''ve had plenty who have been successful elsewhere, we even had one of those as manager recently...