Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

impressed with Swansea!!!

much as I hate all the love in with Swansea, have to say they were very impressive tonite, just makes you think that when you change manager do you really need to change the way you play like we have under Hughton!

[quote user="baldyboy"]much as I hate all the love in with Swansea, have to say they were very impressive tonite, just makes you think that when you change manager do you really need to change the way you play like we have under Hughton![/quote]
FFS! Do you always have to have a go at the club in every single post you make?

yes I have criticised things I dont like in the past but everytime I ask or say something on here now I am condemned for it! Surely that is my right after all it is a free country, I pay good money for my season ticket and if I dont like what i see I will have a go, I would rather do that and just sit there and accept everything is rosy when it isn''t, doesn''t mean i dont want the club to succeed does it, the way people are condemned on here is awful at times just because they have a different view to others! Maybe I will start slagging people off for being bleedin positive so much!!

Usual Norwich bashing from Baldyboy. Hope you don''t have the audacity to call yourself a fan?

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="baldyboy"]much as I hate all the love in with Swansea, have to say they were very impressive tonite, just makes you think that when you change manager do you really need to change the way you play like we have under Hughton![/quote]
[/quote]Wouldn''t be so bad if he hadn''t missed the very obvious point that Swansea have changed the way they play. Noticeably more direct under Laudrup than they were under Rodgers.

[quote user="baldyboy"]yes I have criticised things I dont like in the past but everytime I ask or say something on here now I am condemned for it! Surely that is my right after all it is a free country, I pay good money for my season ticket and if I dont like what i see I will have a go, I would rather do that and just sit there and accept everything is rosy when it isn''t, doesn''t mean i dont want the club to succeed does it, the way people are condemned on here is awful at times just because they have a different view to others! Maybe I will start slagging people off for being bleedin positive so much!![/quote]
That''s because all you do is come on here to criticise. I honestly don''t think I''ve seen you post a positive thing in the entire time I''ve been on this board.
And you''re right, it is a free country and you can say what you want and blah, blah. But using that logic, I have every right to think you''re completely wrong and consider you an idiot for believing it.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="baldyboy"]much as I hate all the love in with Swansea, have to say they were very impressive tonite, just makes you think that when you change manager do you really need to change the way you play like we have under Hughton![/quote]
[/quote]Wouldn''t be so bad if he hadn''t missed the very obvious point that Swansea have changed the way they play. Noticeably more direct under Laudrup than they were under Rodgers.[/quote]
To be honest, very few people seem to have noticed that. They get so caught up in the ''Swanselona'' hype that they refuse to see what''s in front of them. Don''t get me wrong, Swansea still play possession football, but they are more direct and vertical in their passing meaning they have slightly less overall possession and are more likely to turn over the ball as they look to play a penetrating pass quicker and more often. 

[quote user="baldyboy"]funny how Swansea kept it on the floor all night Shack[/quote]
It''s a relative thing. Compared to when Rodgers was in charge they are more direct. They''re possession statistics are down from last year, as are there number of passes a game. There amount of long passes a game has increased as well. Just because a team plays more direct/more vertical doesn''t mean they take the opportunity to thump the ball long every 30 seconds.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"][quote user="baldyboy"]funny how Swansea kept it on the floor all night Shack[/quote]
It''s a relative thing. Compared to when Rodgers was in charge they are more direct. They''re possession statistics are down from last year, as are there number of passes a game. There amount of long passes a game has increased as well. Just because a team plays more direct/more vertical doesn''t mean they take the opportunity to thump the ball long every 30 seconds.
[/quote]
Obviously it should be THEIR... [:$]

[quote user="Oz Canary"]

DG didn''t play tonight?????????

[/quote]
Unused substitute. If they sign Kenwyne Jones this window (which they are aiming to do) then Graham is up for grabs. And with Newcastle having just signed a new striker and Sunderland being heavily linked with a striker from Lazio, who knows?

[quote user="baldyboy"]funny how Swansea kept it on the floor all night Shack[/quote]Read my post again. I said they were ''noticeably more direct'' by which I mean that they look to get the ball forward a lot quicker. Whether their passing is on the floor or in the air is irrelevant. They are more direct under Laudrup which shows up your original post for the whining anti-NCFC dross that we have come to expect from you.Balanced criticism of the manager, players, tactics etc. is fine but time and time again you use myth and bull$hit to slag of the club you clim to support. But well done for having a season ticket. I''m sure your constant moaning inspires our players to go that extra mile for the cause.

In direct answer to your question baldyboy, which is a good one I think.........

I dont think you have to change the way you play when you change manager..........BUT, CH had a very different proposition than Laudrup inherited. The two previous Swansea managers had over a few seasons refined their style of play and also gradually brought in better players to fit in whilst either in the EPL or Championship. Also, I think many would agree that Swansea''s players individually were stronger than ours last season and it was clear that with a little tweeking they would improve further. 

Whereby our team had been fast tracked with lots off changes over the previous two seasons and on a much more limited budget than Swansea, the style fitted the need last season, but again, I think many will agree, that it was pretty clear that we couldnt do the same a second season...... playing the way we were, that style with the same personnel and expect to survive. It needed change, and in particular we needed to be better defensively, which despite our tonkings, WHEN we have fielded the full complement of CH signings we are, with all four CH defensive signings impressing.

In addition, he really hasnt had the quality of forward players at his disposal to play two up front against any quality opposition, particularly as Morison and to a lesser degree Jackson have not impressed this season. I am coinvinced that when he does bring in an additional decent striker we will see us go 442 more often.....as part of our evolution, which is actually a couple of seasons behind Swansea''s. 

[quote user="Dicky"]Usual Norwich bashing from Baldyboy. Hope you don''t have the audacity to call yourself a fan?[/quote]

He''d make a brilliant Mother-In-Law.....

[quote user="baldyboy"]much as I hate all the love in with Swansea, have to say they were very impressive tonite, just makes you think that when you change manager do you really need to change the way you play like we have under Hughton!
[/quote]

Are you trying to be funny?