Sign in to follow this  
WesHoolahansDefendant

Kei Kamara's finishing...

[quote user="now youve gotta believe us....."]He does look strong in the air[/quote]Reminds me of Kenywne Jones a lot in that respect. More attacking on the deck though maybe - not scared of running in from the wings and taking people on. He looks a very happy lad and confident so I hope he takes his chance if comes here. Him and another like Mackie and people will/should be excited

He''s not your conventional forward for a big lad, he is great in the air, but most comfortable playing deeper and making more assists than being in position to score with his feet. his passing is good and he has an eye for a clever through ball.

[quote user="NYCANARIES"]He''s not your conventional forward for a big lad, he is great in the air, but most comfortable playing deeper and making more assists than being in position to score with his feet. his passing is good and he has an eye for a clever through ball.[/quote]Sounds like a perfect foil for Hooper.....or CMS!

Just watched the youtube highlights reel.  Looks a strong lad, reasonable in the air.  But don''t forget, the MLS is not the PL.  He won''t get the sort of space he was afforded in the box in the PL.  And to be honest, there were chances that when he did get space he didn''t tuck away, which he should have done.

Squad player, possibly, is he better than Morison, Jackson, Kane, Martin?  I don''t know, but worth no more than £1/2m IMO.

Some top top players have missed some sitters this year in the EPL, it happens to the best of ''em. But he does look a decent player and also a real character, lets do some quick business and take the risk ......why not...after all he is playing in a league better than the SPL!   

Id say that mls is better than the spl. Galaxy v celtic would be a good game but celtic would win most likely. But galaxy, Toronto, dc United, etc etc are all better than spl teams with the exception of celtic

I recall Darren Huckerby said that the MLS first teams would be about Championship level, but have poorer quality squad players.

Darren Huckerby has played in the MLS.

Actually played football in that league.

Your opinions are irrelevant.

Ok Alan.

By that logic, if Hughton says the other team are quality, we tried well but lacked a cutting edge, or something like that. We shouldn''t talk about it? In fact we should never talk about any game, because the managers, and players will have given their comments on it, and as they are professionals they are the only ones that matter?

Of course its fine to mention/back up your own opinion with something they might have said, but you can still discuss it and have a completely different opinion that is still relevant. Otherwise you wouldn''t be able to talk about anything other than the job you do.

Darren''s opinions are more valid than most as he has indeed played in the league, where he absolutely made mincemeat of anyone who came near him. He was rookie of the year at 32, dominating in that league.

But I can tell you that after going to many, many Red Bull games, that many of their players are incapable of the fundamentals seen on display Scotland or in the Championship.

Players fail to utilize space, movement is horrible and the passing can be absolutely shocking. Experienced players such as Henry and Lindpere look frustrated as they urge players to take up positions they should already be in.

Some teams are better than others, but some very very poor football is on display and especially with NY over the last two years.

The main issue is with the young Americans in the league, they just don''t receive the same training or experience that other countries offer with decent youth academies growing up.

If you are drafted to a team from college, and you grew up in an area with no MLS team/academy, you may have the skills, but not the understanding of the game that everyone else has, the coaching is amateur and you are behind everyone of your age from other places.

The USAs youth development is a mess, which is why they have failed in a country of 300 million odd to produce a decent percentage of footballers.

I''m navigating the youth football scene now with my son, and some of the coaches that are allowed to train kids are a joke!

Just an observation....

Yeah @NYCanaries, i''m not saying (probably should have said this in first post) that Hucks is wrong, or that his opinion isn''t more relevant than anyones on here.

Without having watched anywhere near as much MLS as I imagine you''ve seen I have to say I agree with most of what you''ve said there. I''ve seen games when players just look static. I remember seeing Juan Pablo Angel (former Villa striker) look amazing in a couple games, not sure if it was a regular thing, can''t remember who he played for, but he obviously just had that class/experience/knowledge that many players in the MLS lack.

The imported players are of a higher standard obviously, and they are there because there just aren''t enough quality American players to have a league of a half decent standard without them. It''s why the Red Bulls brought in 5 Scandinavians, and the like''s of Henry, Cahill and Lindpere.

Also worth noting that many players are here playing successfully that came from league 1 and League 2 teams.

Henry has to create a lot of his own chances, by dropping in to the midfield, otherwise he''d get 2 touches a game.