Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

So that's it!!!!!!!

Looks like we have lost out on graham as he is in Newcastle today also hooper saga I think is over as Norwich seemed to have turned there interests towards Kamara and Jamie Mackie any thoughts on both of these players...

What?

How do you know Graham is in Newcastle? Is it a rumour?

How do you know we want to sign Kamara and Mackie, is it rumours?

Oh look, you''ve taken rumours as facts, well done.

Has Hughton, McNally or anyone at the club said we''ve given up on Hooper? Or said we are even at all interested in Kamara or Mackie? The number of strikers we''ve been linked with in the press this month is fairly high, Hooper and Graham weren''t the first...

i agree with Wiz i think it was, we made bids what were never going to be accepted now we can bring in a two bobber and say we tried our best, blah blah, if i am wrong and we signed graham or Hooper i will donate to charity.

Already being discussed in many other threads. Mackie is a good option and Kamara to add something different. Bit of pace and power. Plenty of height too

Ok, so we''re interested in a player who hasn''t played in this league. How do you know he won''t be great?

No one had played Holt in this league before us (or many of our other players) and how well has he done?

And does he say we aren''t still after Hooper? This MLS player isn''t going to cost, we reportedly bid £10 million for two players, which suggests we have that money. Graham probably has no intention of coming here for various reasons, not because we can''t afford him, and Hooper transfer still seems very much on. He''s rejected Celtic''s offer, and the Spurs rumour is probably just that, a rumour.

still think we''re in for hooper. Graham perhaps not, he''s a geordie so reckon he''l end up at newcastle.

hooper and mackie would be excellent business.

tottenham could have been looking at wanyama to replace sandro. theres been no official word that they''re looking at hooper

Kamara is more of a winger than a striker so not a direct replacement for either Graham or Hooper. Mackie is a rumour pulled out of thin air by the Daily Fail.

I imagine there are lots of ''enquiries'' from Norwich flying around the world, doesn''t mean we are signing them all or any of them.

This idea that Norwich made bids on players just for a laugh is as stupid as many of the posters who suggest it.

I thought Kamara was more of a striker than can play wing if needed actually. They use him as their main man up front from what I can tell

[quote user="ricky knight"]i agree with Wiz i think it was, we made bids what were never going to be accepted now we can bring in a two bobber and say we tried our best, blah blah, if i am wrong and we signed graham or Hooper i will donate to charity.[/quote]

Same here Ricky, there was never, ever, any intension to break our transfer record imo.

This decision will relegate us.

[quote user="Proper Charlie"]I can''t see anywhere about Graham to newcastle or even a rumour about them being interested, just lots about French players, am I being daft??!![/quote]

The Danny Graham to Newcastle rumour is pretty stupid - someone spotted him at Newcastle airport. As he is from Gateshead and Swansea don''t have a game this weekend it almost certainly doesn''t mean anything.

The Danny Graham transfer is one of the most interesting - after news of two bids being made and Laudrup saying they have been rejected it has gone very quiet. Either something is going on behind the scenes or the rejection of the bids was very strong and made it clear than he won''t be leaving this window.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="ricky knight"]i agree with Wiz i think it was, we made bids what were never going to be accepted now we can bring in a two bobber and say we tried our best, blah blah, if i am wrong and we signed graham or Hooper i will donate to charity.[/quote]

Same here Ricky, there was never, ever, any intension to break our transfer record imo. This decision will relegate us.[/quote]

I agree with both of you......We''re doomed I tell ye, doomed, DOOMED! [:''(] [:''(] [:''(]

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]i agree with Wiz i think it was, we made bids what were never going to be accepted now we can bring in a two bobber and say we tried our best, blah blah, if i am wrong and we signed graham or Hooper i will donate to charity.[/quote]

Same here Ricky, there was never, ever, any intension to break our transfer record imo.

[/quote]

Yes. Thank the lord neither of our record-breaking bids was accepted. That would have put us in a pretty pickle.

We lost the first premier league because we would not spend, we were well clear at xmas, we lost O''Neil over 700,000 grand basically. I am not knocking City for the sake of it historically we are as tight as a ducks arris and that will never change.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

And you wonder why you get so much abuse.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

We lost the first premier league because we would not spend, we were well clear at xmas, we lost O''Neil over 700,000 grand basically. I am not knocking City for the sake of it historically we are as tight as a ducks arris and that will never change.

[/quote]

What do you think McNally and Hughton are doing with the TV money exactly? Sewing a pair of curtains for the boardroom out of £50 notes?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

haha.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]

[/quote]

What do you think McNally and Hughton are doing with the TV money exactly? Sewing a pair of curtains for the boardroom out of £50 notes?

[/quote]

Well for all the money floating round the prem league, so we are told constantly, we have not spent alot.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Yes. Thank the lord neither of our record-breaking bids was accepted. That would have put us in a pretty pickle.

[/quote]

I not so sure about "neither" Purple, but take your point had they both been accepted.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

And you wonder why you get so much abuse.

[/quote]

No, I deal with reality whlst your kind stick their heads in the sand.

Wiz, everyone is dealing with reality.

You have no idea how good or bad this Kamara lad will be in the EPL. Do I have to list all our players who hadn''t played in the PL before but have done well for us?

And we are still in for Hooper as far as i''m aware...

And not a single one of us knows what other players we have enquired about or prepared bids for. People really do get their knickers in a twist based on the tiniest amount of factual information, lots of misinformation, and masses & masses of assumptions.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You''re not dealing with reality though are you, you''re just whinging about it constantly.[/quote]

I firmly believe that reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Well then, if there was never any intention stated by the club to break our transfer record surely they are to be commended for not "putting out" foolish statements to suggest there was. Thank you for highlighting that point Wizard. Is there anything else that you would like to commend the club for?