Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

ROBERT SNODGRASS TWEET!

No, it means he wants to go back home.

Grant Holt does/did it, does it mean we''re going to swap him for him for the Carlisle centre forward?

Footballers, they don''t all move their whole family and friend set up back home to their new club. Sure they bring their immediate families with them, but he probably has parents, friends etc back HOME.

Maybe it means that Elliott Bennett might get a game in his best position this weekend. It also means an opposing left back will finally have to worry about being beaten on the outside. It also means who ever plays as Centre forward may get some good service. Finally it means I''m looking forward to Saturday''s game.

Drinkell, i''m certainly not Snodgrass'' biggest fan, but are you saying you can''t look forward to him playing?

Even if you just mean him playing on the RW, I find that a bit strange. A large portion of our recent goals have come from him, either scored or assisted. And RW is his position, as much as some on here seem to think he should play on the left. The fact he doesn''t like to beat his man means he''d probably be worse on the left, as to get the ball in the box he''d have to go past the player. He''s won many a free kick cutting in, very effective...

Although I do like Bennett and think he does deserve more game time.

GP I''ve nothing against any player but I always think you should play your best players in each position. For me Bennett is a better option and is far more exciting to watch. Although I''m not a left back I was a defender and pace was always my biggest fear. Going forward at the moment we have none hence 23 goals in 24 games!

Drinks, i''d argue that Pilks is much better at getting past the full back than Bennett. Or at the very least, more willing too.

Many a time last season I was frustrated that Bennett would surge forward, stop, turn around and pass back to Martin. I assumed it was because thats what Lambert wanted, because when Bennett did try and go past the FB he''d often be successful, he beat Cole for pace (on the ball as well as off it) so not too many other LBs he''d have had much issue with. Pilks nearly always tried to go past the defender. Bennett does appear to have been a bit more willing this season, but still, Snoddy has been providing so much its hard for me to suggest Bennett should be starting ahead of him. Certainly i''d be happy to see him getting more time from the bench, and when/if he impresses from the start. He hasn''t really been getting the time to show he deserves a start though.

Let don''t. Have stats to back this up - can''t be bothered to check so am leaving myself open - but I would suggest that last season Bennett was one of, if not our player with the most assists. Has been very unlucky to have not had alot of game time. Snodgrass has had good games but not every game.

Might just have something to do with the fact that international matches coming up soon, and he is a Scottish international likely to retain his place under strachan!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]No, it means he wants to go back home. Grant Holt does/did it, does it mean we''re going to swap him for him for the Carlisle centre forward? Footballers, they don''t all move their whole family and friend set up back home to their new club. Sure they bring their immediate families with them, but he probably has parents, friends etc back HOME.[/quote]

Just like Lambert did.....................not and then ended up allegedly playing away from home

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"] but I would suggest that last season Bennett was one of, if not our player with the most assists. .[/quote]

5 assists, 2nd to Hoolahans 7.