Sign in to follow this  
KettsKev

£9m bid accepted for Hooper!

[quote user="judderman"][quote user="Big Rons Brain"]The difference between Lennons and our view of the value of the last bid lies in how much you think Morrison is worth!
[/quote]
Neither Morrison, nor Morison were offered in the last bid.
Morrison because he doesn''t play for us, and Morison because McNally confirmed we aren''t offering anyone for player swaps this window.
[/quote]

I took Big Ron''s reply to be irony.

What McNally said was that none of our senior players were up for sale or swap. That leaves him some room for aanouevre. However I think Morison would come into the senior player category.

Do you all think in your wildest dreams that we would bid 9 million, the only thing we do know is that our second bid was well below the 6 million being quoted and our first bid was around 5 million. Celtic have also been quoted in saying they are looking around 8 million. Who ever would do bussiness with a club with such little respect for their wishes by offering a couple thousand or so more.

You are again believeing your club who just put up the ticket price by 10% by looking to buy a player they were never going to buy.

[quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]Do you all think in your wildest dreams that we would bid 9 million, the only thing we do know is that our second bid was well below the 6 million being quoted and our first bid was around 5 million. Celtic have also been quoted in saying they are looking around 8 million. Who ever would do bussiness with a club with such little respect for their wishes by offering a couple thousand or so more. You are again believeing your club who just put up the ticket price by 10% by looking to buy a player they were never going to buy.[/quote]

Mind providing a link?

Don''t think I''ve seen Celtic say anything other than he''s not for sale.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Massimo Venta Icenorum"]Do you all think in your wildest dreams that we would bid 9 million, the only thing we do know is that our second bid was well below the 6 million being quoted and our first bid was around 5 million. Celtic have also been quoted in saying they are looking around 8 million. Who ever would do bussiness with a club with such little respect for their wishes by offering a couple thousand or so more. You are again believeing your club who just put up the ticket price by 10% by looking to buy a player they were never going to buy.[/quote]

Mind providing a link?

[/quote]

Reported on SSN ("our sources")

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

Mind providing a link?

[/quote]

Reported on SSN ("our sources")

[/quote]

i.e Sky Sports News think he''s worth at leats £8m. I agree

I love the underlying assumption behind much of what is said that City lie and Lennon tells the truth.  Of course they do.  If Lennon says our bid was this much he must be right.  After all, what motive would he have for stirring things up? He is such an innocent and has never been accused by anyone of stirring any kind of mischief or trouble.

I struggle to understand why so many alleged fans hate this club so much that they will belief and repeat anything that is said about City so long as it''s bad.

One day we may know the truth.  we certainly don''t at the moment.  We should treat everyone involved who has an interest and an agenda with some scrutiny and scepticism

If we were going to fork out this much for Hooper, I''d rather get Austin, Graham and Curtis Davies all for 9 million!

[quote user="AJ"]If we were going to fork out this much for Hooper, I''d rather get Austin, Graham and Curtis Davies all for 9 million![/quote]

Isn''t Austin gonna cost £7m and Graham £5m (not that he wants to come here)

[quote user="AJ"]If we were going to fork out this much for Hooper, I''d rather get Austin, Graham and Curtis Davies all for 9 million![/quote]
No room for logic on this board, bu**er off.

We would be lucky to get one of those two strikers and Davies for £9 million...

Hooper is a top striker, if £8/9 million is what it''ll cost for him, no doubt part of that being add-ons we should go for it. Morison hasn''t looked anywhere near like being the player we had first half of last season, and Jackson either isn''t good enough, won''t score enough goals or just isn''t rated highly enough by Hughton. I like Jackson, but still...

If we sign Hooper over a cheaper Graham or Austin, there is a very good reason for that. Graham probably has no desire to come here. Austin just might not be as good as some on here think he is/want him to be. Yeah he''s doing great in the Championship, and we''ve got a great track record with lower league players, but if he is/was a target then surely our scouts, Hughton, coaches whoever have seen him and decided he''s just not as good as Hooper.

Rudolph, surely the most comparable transfer recently to Ashton is whats his name, that overrated Huddersfield striker who went to Blackburn. Rhodes. Wasn''t his transfer something like £7/8 million?

Yeah Hooper is worth at least that...

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

I love the underlying assumption behind much of what is said that City lie and Lennon tells the truth.  Of course they do.  If Lennon says our bid was this much he must be right.  After all, what motive would he have for stirring things up? He is such an innocent and has never been accused by anyone of stirring any kind of mischief or trouble.

I struggle to understand why so many alleged fans hate this club so much that they will belief and repeat anything that is said about City so long as it''s bad.

One day we may know the truth.  we certainly don''t at the moment.  We should treat everyone involved who has an interest and an agenda with some scrutiny and scepticism

[/quote]I don''t understand your point. No one has said Norwich have lied, and believing that the bid is under £6million because Lennon says it is doesn''t reflect badly on Norwich at all.

Cheers Sussexyellow! You got it...I know I shouldn''t be joking or misspelling, this is serious stuff, and I shouldn''t view it as just a way of livening up a dull day at work with some inoffensive mildy funny NCFC banter.  I will learn and improve.

You have a srange grasp on reality

Don''t forget if we were to remain in the PL, TV income alone next season is north of £60m. In such an evironment player valuations and salaries will continue to inflate. The fact that a club of our size has turnover 50% greater than that of Celtic, a much bigger club measured by the number of supporters, says all we need to know about the strange world which is the EPL. So Hooper for £9m - a price worth paying for EPL survival. If we were to go down he''d want to leave anyway and we would recoup some of our initial outlay.

At worst, hooper flops, has a big fat £40k a week (£2m a year) deal for the next few years and noone wants hi, so he leaves for free. That would cost us up to £13m i reckon, as it would be £6m wages, £2m fees (agent, sign on) and £5m up front (£4m would be not met with performances).

At best, hooper bangs the goals in on the same deal for 2 years, with a year and a half left, we sell him on for £20m. He would have cost us £15m up to that point so we have had premiership footy the next 2 years and a £5m profit.

The Real business answer has basically got to be, will He be the difference between surviving this year or not? An extra £1m or 2 is minimal risk when thought through if he is believed to be the difference.

I personally think we can stay up without a new striker, But it will be scrappy and wont be fun and we would need heavy investment in summer anyway.

A decent striker should leave us finishing about mid table with an extra £4m and all the other bonuses of being a safe premiership side, not struggling, like sponsors and reputation for players.

on the balance, I think we should go for it at £5m with add ons dependent on success. He could be the new talisman and i would hate to see us struggle after passing up the chance to stregnthen the squad. It Would almoust Be like 1995 again!