Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Becchio hands in transfer request.

As Leeds are already our feeder club and clearly Bechio thinks he is good enough for the big time  , 19 goals not a bad tally and we may be able to afford him unlike Graham and Hooper. With a transfer request in we know he wants out so worth a punt I would say, Leeds fans seem to rate him and he could add to Snodgrass and Howson !

[quote user="CJ"]As Leeds are already our feeder club and clearly Bechio thinks he is good enough for the big time  , 19 goals not a bad tally and we may be able to afford him unlike Graham and Hooper. With a transfer request in we know he wants out so worth a punt I would say, Leeds fans seem to rate him and he could add to Snodgrass and Howson ![/quote]

Going abroad

I think Hoooooton said that he has had talks with a couple of European teams who want to loan Becchio from us, or maybe a sale. Hoooooton has to let Dirty Dirty Leeds what''s happening.

dunno about Bechio. Was there any more on hooper from Hughton today? We desperately need some quality up front, Graham would be ideal imo as the only one who has done it in the premiership

Despite 19 goals this season he is 29 so would only be a short term fix......not for me

Nooooo funkin noooooooo

Backward step, be honest the Leeds mob here are not setting the place on fire. They are all prem squad standard only

No problems with ''prem standard'' for me! Johnson and Snodgrass have definately been worth it, Howson has been good in doses and i think there is more to come. He just doesnt fit our 4-5-1 at the moment. i see him more a 4-4-2 player, a more complete but not as magic Hoolahan.

If becchio can be as good as these 3 have been, and he is going for around £2m, then yes, we should try get him.

People seem to be negative towards Becchio because of his age and lack of Premiership experience. For me Holt, Morison, Graham, Lambert, Walters. ALF, Long, Mackie have all disproved one or both of these factors over the last couple of seasons..

I think he''d improve the squad, and thats what we want.

If for a reasonably low price we could sign him, and he scored some goals which maintained our status, then sign him. He hasn''t got to score many before he overtakes Holt. He does score goals!

He is 29, and perhaps would be a stop-gap for 2 or 3 years, while we build up our squad for long-term Premiership presence.

One of the problems among supporters is that they want to run before they can walk. It would be nice to go out and buy strikers and midfielders and defenders all at once, and be up with Manure in two seasons. This can''t happen, we have to build a foundation and build over years, like Stoke, but not play like them. The priority for the moment is survival, and if CH et al think he could help with this, then sign him.

As said on this thread, IMPROVE THE SQUAD and that''s the trouble with CMS, Becchio etc, all at an age where they won''t improve their game and only come into our squad to challenge fringe stikers who have been shown to be lacking in this second season.

I think we need to be buying a proven striker who will be pushing to improve the starting 11 not adding to a squad.

Assuming the coaches were interested, then this one would depend on the asking price. With other clubs potentially interested, 18 months left on his contract and Leeds not needing to sell, we could be looking at around £2.5-4m.If we could get him for £2.5m or less then it might be an option worth exploring because of his technical superiority to Morison. Would be fair value at that price ihmo.