Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Givenhow quick Newcastle signed 4 players I hope we can do the same before Wednesday!

Just a tad concerned with Spurs coming up in under a week, we are still only linked with and no real movement in terms of advanced medicals and agreed fees!

Just hop that we can bring in a couple signingd before Wednesday to be honest.

I think if we signed Davies, Bridcutt, Kamara and Graham/Wolfswinkel in the next few days that would be about perfect.

And totally improbable.[quote user="Renskay"]I think if we signed Davies, Bridcutt, Kamara and Graham/Wolfswinkel in the next few days that would be about perfect.[/quote]

I don''t think we need Birdcutt, we have three holding midfield players already an other lower league player is a gamble not required at the moment.

I would be happy with additional stiker to be fair.

[quote user="Indy"]

I don''t think we need Birdcutt, we have three holding midfield players already an other lower league player is a gamble not required at the moment.

I would be happy with additional stiker to be fair.

[/quote]But we need Holding player who can pass.

Or we could coach the holding players we have to pass!

Tettey has recently gone off his passing, Johnson aswell, but in general this season it''s not been too bad, we just lack the quality ball to the forwards at times.

The one thing we have not had under Lambert or Hughton is a pacey break forward on the counter attack, watching Swansea, Southampton, Reading and others they do appear to have forwards and midfield which breaks forward at pace.

I think we should balance our concern, taking into account that we should have won at White Hart Lane and also beat Spurs in the Cup at Carrow Road not so long ago, using the same squad as we have now. Plus, Newcastle are a very different animal to City in terms of cash available to spend plus of course Pardew will have had longer establishing his scouting network, and has been desperate for players for many weeks now due to various injuries and other circumstances. I will definately be happy with an additional striker, which is an absolute must, and anything more will be a bonus. 

With players like Whittaker coming back from injury, others, like Holt regaining match fitness plus the likes of BJ and Tetts getting a rest I feel more optimistic.

As for buying a lot of new outfield players, this is inherently dangerous and risky, I would be more than happy with no more than two additions, even one quality signing would be good. But, four or five no better than what we have is a bad idea IMO.

while the toon french army all arrived at similar times what we dont know is how long they have been negotiating for them. It may seem quick but has probably been weeks in the planning.

still plenty of time yet