Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Let's not forget...

...that fundamentally we have a good honest bunch of characters in our team, who want to do well for each other and for the club that most of them took to where it is today. Reading EBenno''s comments reminds me of that and it counts for a lot. Our guys are a lot easier to support and identify with than say a bunch of mercenaries at QPR or the mega millionaires at the big clubs.

And let''s not forget during this transfer window madness, that whatever happens, we will still have all the players we had last year, who outscored most teams in the division. Holt isn''t scoring because we''re playing differently, not because he''s not as good or not playing as well as last year. We still have everything we need to survive this year but it matters that the team is supported as well as last year. If the team on the pitch don''t feel the support of the fans, it affects the way the play on pitch. Hughton or Lambert, it doesn''t matter, we''ve seen what a confident NCFC team can do and it''s more than enough to stay up.

Backed up by Shaun Derry''s comments today about the lack of effort from highly paid imports and the disgraceful behaviour on twitter towards Newcastle fans by Ranger who has also now been arrested on a rape allegation.

Benno is one of hose players fans take to but we get a lot of good feedback from the likes of Bassong and Garrido too.

If we don''t sign the players that some on here want, there will be "discontent" in the ranks.    The truth is that the players we have are good enough - its just that there are too many fans who don''t believe it.     I just hope that the fans get behind the club and what it''s trying to do and not stick the knife in when what we need is positivity.   We are the club we are and must not waste money if the right players aren''t available.  

I believe in the players we have.  They haven''t let us down in three and a half seasons.    The manager is a class act and knows what he is doing - or have we all forgotten a ten match unbeaten run?    Have we forgotten the first half against Sunderland?  The match against Swansea?   ManU?  Arsenal?

Tell me again - are our players and management up to it?  

Good post A1, if we don''t sign anyone we still have a decent enough squad to keep us up, we just need to get them back playing like they did in the 10 game unbeaten run. But if of course we can get a decent striker in next week that will help and ease the burden on the strikers we have.

Absolutely Rude - it''s all about managing your squad. As Hughton has said, he was lucky to come in to a team with great spirit, character and togetherness. Good experienced pros like Bassong and Garrido will buy in to that kind of dressing room spirit very quickly.

My concern would be if we started to lose the core of players that got us to where we are and replaced them with imported talent that would only ever see us as a stopping off point on the way to bigger things. One or two yes, but too many and you could very quicky find youreslf having to rebuild your team when they leave and having lost the character built up in the dressing room over a number of seasons.

What Stig said, only spelled correctly. ;-)

There seems to be much more positivity on the threads I have been reading these past couple of days.