Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Luton Lineup

What do you want to see, rest key players or try and get confidence with best eleven. I say use the squad. Let them force themselves into managers plans.

Camp

Francomb R.Bennett Barnett Tierney

E.Benett Fox Howson Surman

Kane Jackson

Rudd Martin Johnson Pilkington Snodgrass Holt Hoolahan

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]What do you want to see, rest key players or try and get confidence with best eleven. I say use the squad. Let them force themselves into managers plans.

Camp

Francomb R.Bennett Barnett Tierney

E.Benett Fox Howson Surman

Kane Jackson

Rudd Martin Johnson Pilkington Snodgrass Holt Hoolahan[/quote]
Yeah I''d go along with that lineup

7 days between weekend games, then not playing until Wednesday then another 7 days between QPR and Fulham. No reason why we can''t select the best team possible, let them thrash Luton, don''t risk a replay or loss and give them a bit of confidence going into Spurs game.

Dunno if we''ve got the capacity to risk injuries at the moment GP. I know I wouldn''t at the moment.

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]What do you want to see, rest key players or try and get confidence with best eleven. I say use the squad. Let them force themselves into managers plans. Camp Francomb R.Bennett Barnett Tierney E.Benett Fox Howson Surman Kane Jackson.[/quote]

That line up will lose the game.

Camp is cup tied your right. If that team would lose to a non league team at home then we must have some problems.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="SuperZakWhitbread"]What do you want to see, rest key players or try and get confidence with best eleven. I say use the squad. Let them force themselves into managers plans. Camp Francomb R.Bennett Barnett Tierney E.Benett Fox Howson Surman Kane Jackson.[/quote]

That line up will lose the game.

[/quote]
No.

SuperZqk, obviously that team is better than non league, but it''s a big change, and after all it is the FA cup, where miracle happen. Or something like that.

I don''t think playing a strong team is risking I jury. Don''t think Luton will be trying to injure our players. Don''t risk Bassong maybe if he''s not 100% and same for any others, but no reason to assume playing Holt, BJ, Martin, Pilks, Hoolahan, Snod etc will result in any injuries.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]SuperZqk, obviously that team is better than non league, but it''s a big change, and after all it is the FA cup, where miracle happen. Or something like that.

I don''t think playing a strong team is risking I jury. Don''t think Luton will be trying to injure our players. Don''t risk Bassong maybe if he''s not 100% and same for any others, but no reason to assume playing Holt, BJ, Martin, Pilks, Hoolahan, Snod etc will result in any injuries.[/quote]
Nah but anything can happen, pull a hamstring, break an ankle (Harry Kane anyone?) I just don''t see that Luton require us to put on the best XI. If Luton knock us out... I won''t care too much when it means we can knuckle down with the league.

A loss to Luton would not help league form I don''t think.

Example, Villa loss. Oh well, who really cares only league cup? But since that result we''ve only one once in the league. Quite probably a coincidence, and was likely to happen, but still for me. The Villa loss has played a part in our league form since.

Dangerous to risk any of the players we may need on Wednesday night against Spurs. Go with U21s. If they win great, lose they get another game. In our current situation, we can''t afford the distraction of the cup.

Oh hell why not play a makeshift eleven then if we lose we can have another evening on Saturday of about twenty threads wailing and whinging about Hughton,the board and lack of ambition etc. [:@][:''(]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh hell why not play a makeshift eleven then if we lose we can have another evening on Saturday of about twenty threads wailing and whinging about Hughton,the board and lack of ambition etc. [:@][:''(][/quote]
It''s Luton, pal. What better oppurtunity to play the fringe and youngsters? They won''t get game time anywhere else in our season. It appears you''ve already started the moaning and whinging. Have some faith in our youth, or do you not follow them? Fair weather first XI only? I bet. 

In the Peterborough game we risked players we may need in the PL campaign. The Cup is simply a distraction. If and until we establish ourselves in the PL we should rely on the U21s/fringe players only in the cups.

Sod the bloody premier league. Put a strong team out and beat Luton.

Premier League is too damn depressing.

Only Snoddy and maybe Johnson from that squad we could rest. The others are fringe players that are capable enough to win it and could do with some game time

[quote user="Henry"]Sod the bloody premier league. Put a strong team out and beat Luton.

Premier League is too damn depressing.[/quote]
Football is whatever you make of it. [;)]

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh hell why not play a makeshift eleven then if we lose we can have another evening on Saturday of about twenty threads wailing and whinging about Hughton,the board and lack of ambition etc. [:@][:''(][/quote]

It''s Luton, pal. What better oppurtunity to play the fringe and youngsters? They won''t get game time anywhere else in our season. It appears you''ve already started the moaning and whinging. Have some faith in our youth, or do you not follow them? Fair weather first XI only? I bet. 

[/quote]

First off i am not your pal nor do i want to be and if you want to have a bet i suggest you had better being carrying plenty of the folding.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Stig"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh hell why not play a makeshift eleven then if we lose we can have another evening on Saturday of about twenty threads wailing and whinging about Hughton,the board and lack of ambition etc. [:@][:''(][/quote]

[/quote]

First off i am not your pal nor do i want to be and if you want to have a bet i suggest you had better being carrying plenty of the folding.

[/quote]
I''ve rustled your jimmies, I can tell. You''ll be alright, things will seem better in the morning. [|-)]

[quote user="Herman "]Why not play the same team that knocked out the Posh?[/quote]Because Lapps has gone [;)]I''d say pretty much the team that everyone else has put out with maybe a Loza or some Murphys. Tempted to put Holt on for a bit to see if he can score...

TIL -  not sure why the "squad" team can win at Posh but will lose at home to Luton? In any event Howson & both Bennett''s started last week. Definitely an opportunity to get Rudd another game and give Surman a game as he gets back to fitness. Wouldn''t risk Bassong or Holt as they are just too important (unless we do have a couple of new strikers definitely joining!). Also if Whitaker will be fit for Spurs then play Rusty in this one. I would play;

Rudd, Martin, Tierney, Bennett, Barnett, Fox, Howson, Bennett, Howson, Jackson, Kane

However, Pilks & Wes didn''t play last week so might get some game time - Pilks on for Surman for the last 25 mins or so.

Hope it is a decent game as taking my 6yr old daughter to her first game...

Rudd & Surman both confirmed as playing. Looks like it will very much be a 2nd 11. Luton will be really up for this, I just hope our players are focused on the game and don''t think it will be a formality that we''ll win.

Focus lads, focus.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Oh hell why not play a makeshift eleven then if we lose we can have another evening on Saturday of about twenty threads wailing and whinging about Hughton,the board and lack of ambition etc. [:@][:''(][/quote]

I agree...At least i think I do, we should put put a strong side and brush Luton aside and give the lads some confidence

Grauniad seem to think this will be our line-up:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/25/norwich-city-luton-town-squad-sheets?

Don''t know if this is just a guess, mind.

I''d be tempted to give Snodgrass a rest; perhaps Howson in centre & EB on the right?

Evesham Canary wrote the following post at 24/01/2013 10:44 PM:

"TIL - not sure why the "squad" team can win at Posh but will lose at home to Luton? In any event Howson & both Bennett''s started last week. Definitely an opportunity to get Rudd another game and give Surman a game as he gets back to fitness. Wouldn''t risk Bassong or Holt as they are just too important (unless we do have a couple of new strikers definitely joining!). Also if Whitaker will be fit for Spurs then play Rusty in this one. I would play;

Rudd, Martin, Tierney, Bennett, Barnett, Fox, Howson, Bennett, Howson, Jackson, Kane"

By ''eck that Johnny Howson gets about a bit ...

Not sure what actual lineup we shall see, but I hope that it is a serious one. A further round in the Cup is very lucrative. On the other hand we have an important game so soon afterwards, and he will not want to risk normal first choice players too much. I wouldn''t expect Snoddy or Pilks to come on, only if we are chasing a game.The other factor, from the interview with Elliott Bennett, is that the weather has prevented much outside training the past week, so if the game is comfortable CH may want to give players a run out.

What I expect CH to do is to give Holt half a game, and Whittaker also, to get them some on-field time The manager has already said that Rudd will play. I think that the midfield you suggest is likely, and is not a bad line at all. If Whittaker is nearly fit, I think he could play in place of Francomb, for at least half the game.

Otherwise I agree with SuperZacWhitbread.