Sign in to follow this  
whistleblower

Hypocrisy - Millwall v Villa

Saw this quote on BBC sport about the Millwall game from Lambert

""We cannot rest four, five or six players. But in any case you have a duty to take the competition seriously because people come and watch it. I don''t think you could take it lightly.

"You can''t go into it thinking, ''we''ll just get knocked out of this and concentrate on the league''. It''s not my way. You have to try to win as many games as you can."

He may not have tried to throw last year''s game v Leicester but he certainly did rest a number of key players that cost us a chance of a trophy - funny how beliefs change under different circumstances....

[quote user="whistleblower"]Saw this quote on BBC sport about the Millwall game from Lambert

""We cannot rest four, five or six players. But in any case you have a duty to take the competition seriously because people come and watch it. I don''t think you could take it lightly.

"You can''t go into it thinking, ''we''ll just get knocked out of this and concentrate on the league''. It''s not my way. You have to try to win as many games as you can."

He may not have tried to throw last year''s game v Leicester but he certainly did rest a number of key players that cost us a chance of a trophy - funny how beliefs change under different circumstances....[/quote]
His position at Villa is vastly different to what it was here. With us he could get us brilliant league positions and two promotions, the cups weren''t a bother during our meteoric rise. With Villa he has no other option to go all out in the cups because his league position is woeful and likely will be come the end of the season, the cups are his last best hope to try and do something well at Villa... and it almost worked, he got to the semi-finals in one before crashing out to non-league opposition. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get unlucky.

[quote user="Beauseant"]He has no choice but to go for it. If they lose tonight I suspect he''ll be at the Jobcentre on Monday.[/quote]

And wouldn''t that just be a crying shame?

[quote user="Webbo118"]

And wouldn''t that just be a crying shame?

[/quote]

Yes that would be so sad [:)][:)]

Lambo''s job''s safe.....even if Vile are relegated.......His American dude boss has told him so.

But then again......if Vile lose against the Lion''s tonight.....I do think the Vile support will accelerate the ''process''....of Lambo''s departure....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now if I could get my Forum Moderator 2013 software to work on here this would move to "Other Football" [:|]

[/quote]It''s relevant to this forum because we''re only a quick shuffle of the balls away from Millwall being our opponents in the next round.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now if I could get my Forum Moderator 2013 software to work on here this would move to "Other Football" [:|]

[/quote]

Have you thought of trying e-mails Nutty as i am told they are just as effective as your 2013 software and not half so expensive ?

Haha I should of.

Millwall are a vile bunch (my friend excluded) I don''t think they would have taken to it kindly.

I did however try to start a chant of ''How Green is your grass''

Anyway I had the biggest grin on my face when the winner went in. Even had a bet down on Millwall to win,.